The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit Three: Beliefs in Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizlaz350
I'm taking it in January. I'm finding it a bit dull, I'm not sure if I'll be able to remember it all!

I'm predicted an A, but I'm not sure I'll get that.

Good luck for it. Let us know the questions and how hard/easy :wink:
Reply 61
Original post by spammoclocks
Same, I did Unit 1 yesterday that was harsh, I'm really hoping this one isn't so harsh.
I met Keith Throbe who wrote the books and is one of the ones who makes the questions. and he said Ideology and Science will most probably be either the 18 or 33 marker.
I dont know which others one will be...

I only have that topic in the revision guide and not my book or teacher notes. CRAP.
I actually cant wait until next Friday afternoon to just get the module over. Its not that I don't love it I just want to study something knew and crime and deviance looks really interesting.
I think it really clicked today I read the text book and answered the questions/ planned essays going along out loud minus the last two topics which I will do tomorrow. I also tested myself on half my pack of revision cards and talked through the topics (they have the topic one one side and 3 points about that on the other)- for me it definitely works as i feel tons more confident today.
I am also planning to do a paper tomorrow like I did yesterday for the teacher to mark next week.
It makes me more nervous to know Sociology is my favourite and best subject and I got an A at AS 166/200 and I really want to maintain that but I know it will be hard.

good luck everyone xxx
Reply 63
What do you think is gonna up? am sooooo scaredddd! :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by Anthony93

Wouldn't mind that to be honest!
Depending on the question could always bring in some argument that it can also be a conservative influence.

Religious Organisations is a nice topic, maybe something linked in with fundamentalism for the 33 marker? :smile:

i hate religious organisations, its soo long have got 6days left to revise, i dnt know how am gonna cope I feel like screaming
Original post by Estie01
i hate religious organisations, its soo long have got 6days left to revise, i dnt know how am gonna cope I feel like screaming

6 days is ages, try having to cram it in two days :tongue:
Reply 66

Haha! I wouldn't mind that topic! We have done all the possible papers now, so I can't remember what questions come up when! Atleast we get the choice of two, and more time than the AS Unit 1 paper which was also out of 60.
And its in the afternoon so we can revise in the morning :biggrin::biggrin:

Lucky you... do you have any idea on what will come up and do you have link to past papers from june/january 2009 and 10
Reply 67
Original post by teaandcoffee

6 days is ages, try having to cram it in two days :tongue:

lol i'll try.. do yu have any ideas on what my come up
Original post by Estie01
lol i'll try.. do yu have any ideas on what my come up

Anything because I don't think AQA make it possible for there to be a trend in the questions than come up.

So ... anything.
Reply 69
awww ite thanks
Reply 70
Original post by Estie01
Lucky you... do you have any idea on what will come up and do you have link to past papers from june/january 2009 and 10

Dont have any links, but I can try and find the questions sometime tomorrow in my folders as I have done these papers in prep for the exam :smile:
Original post by spammoclocks
Good luck for it. Let us know the questions and how hard/easy :wink:

Thanks! It's on Thursday, so not long left to go (: I bought revision books today, so I can actually do some work :P
I have a gut feeling that the 33 will be on Conservative Force/Influence and Secularisation because of the Pope's visit, if not Youth/Gender/Class my worst topic will appear :/

I really hope you're right about that.
I actually know conservative force and secularisation.
I really hope you're right about that.
I actually know conservative force and secularisation.

What is conservative force :confused: ?
What is conservative force :confused: ?

Religion acting as a conservative force means that it's trying to keep society the same and not letting it change or progress.
Religion acting as a conservative force means that it's trying to keep society the same and not letting it change or progress.

That doesn't ring a bell, but I am hoping thats because my revision hasn't started yet :tongue:
That doesn't ring a bell, but I am hoping thats because my revision hasn't started yet :tongue:

Ah, it's not that hard to learn. Marxists reckon it keeps society the same, neo-marxists reckon it CAN be a force for change. Then you have to learn the reasons for each one.
Ah, it's not that hard to learn. Marxists reckon it keeps society the same, neo-marxists reckon it CAN be a force for change. Then you have to learn the reasons for each one.

ok thanks! :smile: I think I'll have it in my notes somewhere :biggrin:
I am praying it's not a question on science and ideology, I will cry!!! We haven't even learnt about that? What's it even about?!

I'm praying for secularisation or social change, but they word the questions so badly I never understand!!!
Thanks! It's on Thursday, so not long left to go (: I bought revision books today, so I can actually do some work :P

Thursday? Are you sure? Or have I read that out of context? Apologies if I have but my Beliefs in Society paper is this Friday at 1pm.

As for what will come up, I am leaning towards Gender and Ethnicity possibly appearing in the 18 mark section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending