The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit Three: Beliefs in Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachel_Leah
Heyyy. It wouldnt let me open attachment CRY :frown: lol. Do you possibly have the 9 and 18 from last year? i have the 33 marks from the last two years just the 9 and 18 from june '10 please please please!

JUNE 10 -

Question 1 - Identify and briefly explain reasons why the membership of sects may be short-lived (9 marks).

Question 2 - Using material from Item A and elsewhere, examine the view that cults and sects have taken the place of established churches as the most important religious and spiritual movements in society today. (18 marks)

:smile:
Original post by teaandcoffee
JUNE 10 -

Question 1 - Identify and briefly explain reasons why the membership of sects may be short-lived (9 marks).

Question 2 - Using material from Item A and elsewhere, examine the view that cults and sects have taken the place of established churches as the most important religious and spiritual movements in society today. (18 marks)

:smile:

Thank you ever so much :smile: by process of elimination I'm trying to work out what to focus on aha x
Original post by Common Dreads
Attached. Also have a list of 9 and 18 markers if anyone wants that. :smile:

Thank you!! :smile:
I have a list of the 33 markers since like 2004 if anyone wants it?

Please
Original post by jbarfie
I have a feeling it will be science for the 18 marker! :/

omggg!! what do we even write? i have nothing on science!!
Original post by spammoclocks
Please

Posted earlier in the thread :smile:
Reply 106
I have a list of the 33 markers since like 2004 if anyone wants it?

Thank you so much. You've been a great help :smile:

If it's not too much trouble for you, then can you please attach the 9 and 18 mark questions too.
Reply 107
Original post by Emilyyyyy
Have you got an example from past papers or anything of how the question might be worded?

It's new new to the course the only question to have come up was 'to what extent has science replaced religion as the new ideological function in society' 33 marks
Need 90% on this paper but doubt I'll get it.

Some of the 33 markers are very straight-forward sounding, some are devilishly tricky to unravel. Knowing my luck I'll get a ridiculously worded one...

Oh well. Making essay plans by the dozen atm.
Reply 109
Original post by jbarfie

Original post by jbarfie
It's new new to the course the only question to have come up was 'to what extent has science replaced religion as the new ideological function in society' 33 marks

Oh so everyones doing scyl3 on friday? Well thanks anyhow im not so great with religion ans ideology so lets just hope they dont bring that up!
Finished my revision notes a while back, put into tables off A01 and A02 for each topic which is easy to revise now :smile: Finished theories of religion and belief systems, science and ideology today, social change, social groups and NRMs tomorrow then postmodernism and secularisation thursday! Saving globalisation til friday morning, I detest it x
Reply 111
Does anyone know the answer for the following question: "explain two problems in asessing the influence of religion in modern society" ???
Original post by Emilyyyyy
Does anyone know the answer for the following question: "explain two problems in asessing the influence of religion in modern society" ???

You could talk about reliability of statistics: in questionnaires people may be more likely to admit they aren't religious, in phone surveys they may make out to be more religious due to social desirability, and also that many religious groups today do not have any formal register of members x
Absolutely brinking it for this exam :frown: is anyone on the same track?? Please what are your predictions on what will come up??? Thanks
Reply 114
Original post by Rachel_Leah
You could talk about reliability of statistics: in questionnaires people may be more likely to admit they aren't religious, in phone surveys they may make out to be more religious due to social desirability, and also that many religious groups today do not have any formal register of members x

Ahh you're a star thanks ever so much :smile: and im worried sick for this exam too!!!! :confused:
Reply 115
ANYONEE have any suggestions of what may come up?
Reply 116
Globalisation social change and secularisation hasnt come up yet
Of all the topics to choose from my teacher chose...global development.
You guys are so incredibly lucky.
Reply 118
Original post by chigzy29
Globalisation social change and secularisation hasnt come up yet
ahh thanks! thats slightly reassuring, quite like secularisation
Reply 119
Hey, Anyone know what 'Cultural Hybrid' is, Butler said it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending