The Student Room Group

I possibly have DVT

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Danielle89
Try not to worry too much. The fact that they've found it is a very good thing, as these things can go unnoticed and be silent killers. The fact that you're getting a blood thinner injected right into your blood is a very good thing, and will reduce the risk immensely :smile:

Be glad that the docs are listening to you, there are so many that wouldn't even bother doing a blood test!

Thanks for your post.

I'm currently not on the blood thinners, I only had it for 2 days last week. Because my first scan was negative, they stopped the blood thinner. If my 2nd scan tomorrow shows up positive, then I start the blood thinner treatment.

I am v v grateful that it's being looked into as im pretty sure, some GPs would have fobbed me off with ''You've pulled a muscle in your leg lark'' and send me on my merry way! I don't know for defo if it's a clot, but will find out tomorrow.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your post.

I'm currently not on the blood thinners, I only had it for 2 days last week. Because my first scan was negative, they stopped the blood thinner. If my 2nd scan tomorrow shows up positive, then I start the blood thinner treatment.

I am v v grateful that it's being looked into as im pretty sure, some GPs would have fobbed me off with ''You've pulled a muscle in your leg lark'' and send me on my merry way! I don't know for defo if it's a clot, but will find out tomorrow.

If the blood thinners have worked then the clot will have been destroyed, which is highly likely if the scan was negative. I'm guessing they're figuring it might have moved, but they wouldn't have taken you off if you were still at high risk. When you're on fragmin you're at risk of bleeds so they'll have outweighed the risks and benefits of keeping you on/off it :smile:

Either way good luck - as I say it's brilliant they've looked into it. I've been having shooting pains in my hands, arms, legs and various other random places and am unsure whether to go to the doctor, because as a pharmacy student I know this could be a sign of neurodegeneration, which could be indicative of diabetes or something, but I know doctor's are never keen to look past the most obvious answer (whatever that may be!)
Reply 42
Original post by Danielle89
If the blood thinners have worked then the clot will have been destroyed, which is highly likely if the scan was negative. I'm guessing they're figuring it might have moved, but they wouldn't have taken you off if you were still at high risk. When you're on fragmin you're at risk of bleeds so they'll have outweighed the risks and benefits of keeping you on/off it :smile:

Either way good luck - as I say it's brilliant they've looked into it. I've been having shooting pains in my hands, arms, legs and various other random places and am unsure whether to go to the doctor, because as a pharmacy student I know this could be a sign of neurodegeneration, which could be indicative of diabetes or something, but I know doctor's are never keen to look past the most obvious answer (whatever that may be!)

Yea the lady @ the Ultrasound said sometimes they can move, so it's why I have a 2nd scan.

The Dr said I am a v v low risk person, due to my age and etc, but it still doesn't explain why I started getting the leg pain whilst on the plane home in September. I started having the pain in my leg last November, which is confusing a lot of the professionals I have seen over the past week. But like you said it's good that I am being investigated.

Ah well, we'll see what happens tomorrow - thanks for your posts :smile:.
Original post by charlie:P
You are v.v.v.v lucky I had a DVT when i was 15 turns out I had factor V leiden blood but cause I was so young the docs didn't pick up on it straight away so mine got really bad and did end up having a stroke (P.E) but I am fine now and since being on warfarin have been fine. Anyway yeah you shouldn't get P.E. now your on like anticoalugents (cant spell) and **** but if you do get chest pains get to the hopsital asap. Plus i am sorry to say it but my leg took aggggggeeeessss to get better the muscles are still damaged and weak now and i am 18 now!! You will be OK though promise but hoenstly if you are having pains go to the hospital at least if anything did happen then they can fix you again :smile: xx

Now this is some serious ****!
Reply 44
Had 2nd scan today and it was negative - so I don't have DVT. So now im abit like now what do I do with this leg??? A friend of mine has suggested I have a Sports massage, see if that can help. The pain in my chest is still there, along with the headache. So not sure whether to see how I go over the weekend or try and go to my Dr tomorrow, if I can get an appointment??

Quick Reply

Latest