The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology B - 10 Mark Questions

(d) Describe and discuss at least two explanations for obedience to authority. (10 marks)

(d) Discuss Asch’s research into conformity. (10 marks)

(d) Stuart is a soldier who is on an army training course. One day the trainees are ordered to march across mountain country. The officer instructing them orders them to work alone and not to stop to help each other. Near the end of the march, Stuart hears another trainee shouting for help. Describe and discuss factors which might influence whether or not Stuart will disobey orders and stop to help the other trainee. Refer to empirical evidence in your answer.
(10 marks)

Okay, I don't like these 10 markers. Is there a special layout that anyone does for questions. I seem to be

1) Giving definition of the term involved
2) Describing the Aim, Method, Results, Conclusion and Evaluation of a study

... and then I kinda get stuck and get like 7-8 marks. How do you get 10/10 in these kinda questions?
Yeah, how do you get the AO2 bit.. what does it mean by "analyse and evaluate" in the mark schemes? :frown:
Anyone? :\
HearTheThunder
Yeah, how do you get the AO2 bit.. what does it mean by "analyse and evaluate" in the mark schemes? :frown:

ok, i did OCR, but the revision guide i have includes AQA....

Analyse and Evaluate (A02)

There is an informed commentary and reasonably thorough analysis of the relevant psychological studies/methods. Material has been used in an effective manner (11-12 marks)

I think it just means you look at the material you have, make relevant points linked to it, and say what is wrong with the study, or what the strengths of the study is.
Reply 4
HearTheThunder

to get 10/10 you have to evaluate the empirical evidence, e.g. for milgram's obedience study you could say that it was culturally biased because it took place in America, thus the results cannot be generalised. Basically you have to nitpick and discuss WHY the results maybe unreliable. Also you can put the strengths, e.g. Milgram's experiments were extremely influential.. blah blah blah.. etc

hope that helps u!
jt0316
to get 10/10 you have to evaluate the empirical evidence, e.g. for milgram's obedience study you could say that it was culturally biased because it took place in America, thus the results cannot be generalised. Basically you have to nitpick and discuss WHY the results maybe unreliable. Also you can put the strengths, e.g. Milgram's experiments were extremely influential.. blah blah blah.. etc

hope that helps u!

Oh, is that it? I did all that and was giving myself 7/8 marks :redface:

Ah, that's a relief then
Reply 6
HearTheThunder
Oh, is that it? I did all that and was giving myself 7/8 marks :redface:

Ah, that's a relief then

lol yeh thats basically it. u'l find u will repeat urself loooooooads when u do lots of 10 markers cos the eval bit is practically all the same..
jt0316
lol yeh thats basically it. u'l find u will repeat urself loooooooads when u do lots of 10 markers cos the eval bit is practically all the same..

Oh definitely

"Lowwww ecological validity...."
"Dated researcccch.."
"Samplinnnng!!"
"Deception!!!"
"Infooormed consent!!"
"Stressss!"

I feel like a bloody moaner :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending