The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
Funny you should both say that... I came home today. Got to go back to Lancaster for work, but loving being home and away from campus for a bit. :smile:

So do I but it gets a bit boring after a while. :p:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by J1mjam
i went home last night(friday) cos i wanted to watch wigan rugby. only reason. i would rather stay at uni for the holidays than go home. but it would be a very lonely place during the holidays i suppose.

Wigan rugby fan at Lancaster? My god we need to be introduced.

All my flatmates are rugby Yawnion fans.
Reply 182
Original post by Cadoo
Wigan rugby fan at Lancaster? My god we need to be introduced.

All my flatmates are rugby Yawnion fans.

aye, not from wigan though. live in St Annes near blackpool. when my mum met my step dad i started going to games with my step dads brother and step cousins. been hooked ever since. my first game was in the 2001 season went to the odd game. went to 2002 challenge cup win in murrayfield(great day). got a season ticket in 2003( i think) missed about 5 home games since. :smile:. rugby union...gawd..why do it to yourself!
never found any other wigan fans at uni so far. theres a leeds 'fan' hes from IOM and hardly watches them. and he still living in the glory of the previous few years...not sure if hes looked up the results this season and just presumes they are still doing well. xD
you on facebook? send me a PM with your email address!
Reply 183
Original post by J1mjam
aye, not from wigan though. live in St Annes near blackpool. when my mum met my step dad i started going to games with my step dads brother and step cousins. been hooked ever since. my first game was in the 2001 season went to the odd game. went to 2002 challenge cup win in murrayfield(great day). got a season ticket in 2003( i think) missed about 5 home games since. :smile:. rugby union...gawd..why do it to yourself!
never found any other wigan fans at uni so far. theres a leeds 'fan' hes from IOM and hardly watches them. and he still living in the glory of the previous few years...not sure if hes looked up the results this season and just presumes they are still doing well. xD
you on facebook? send me a PM with your email address!

Very similar story really. I'm from Wigan, but used to live in Northampton as a nipper and started watching Wigan on the tele. Harassed my dad to get us a season ticket for when we moved back to Wigan. Had a season ticket since 2000. Started watching them away around 2003ish. I watch them every week whenever I can, but sometimes that's not so easy when I'm at Uni! I agree about the Rugby Union. I just can't get into it. Sadly most of my flatmates are from down south so follow Union more than League.

PM sent. :smile:
I'd kill for a bottle of cold Bud in my cool room at uni instead of being baked here. Oh, just one more week.
Reply 185
im going back on monday :smile: cant wait..even if it is gonna be dull :P
I ordered a lancaster 2012 prospectus over 3 weeks ago, so should I oder another? Will it have got lost in the post or will it just be slow?
Reply 187
Original post by BeccaCath94
I ordered a lancaster 2012 prospectus over 3 weeks ago, so should I oder another? Will it have got lost in the post or will it just be slow?

not sure. give em a ring on tuesday and see if they have sent some any out yet. you can view it online somewhere too if your desperate :smile:
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/undergrad/ugp2012.htm
Can anyone access the Past Papers page?
Reply 189
Original post by RabbitCFH

think you have to be on the VPN or on campus....not sure though

EDIT: yea, just connected to the VPN and loads up fine.
I'd kill for a bottle of cold Bud in my cool room at uni instead of being baked here. Oh, just one more week.

Garh. I wish I could use your room instead of mine then lol. Being on the top floor, in a south-facing room means it is always roasting in this flat. Even with the window wide open. I've actually developed quite a liking for cold showers as a result lol!

Campus is still pretty busy today. Lots of people around, enjoying the sunshine. Makes me feel a little less depressed to still be here lol. :smile:

I can. But I am on campus. As J1mjam said, I think you need to be on campus or use the VPN. :smile:
Original post by J1mjam
think you have to be on the VPN or on campus....not sure though

EDIT: yea, just connected to the VPN and loads up fine.

How do you do that? :P

Original post by affinity89
Garh. I wish I could use your room instead of mine then lol. Being on the top floor, in a south-facing room means it is always roasting in this flat. Even with the window wide open. I've actually developed quite a liking for cold showers as a result lol!

Campus is still pretty busy today. Lots of people around, enjoying the sunshine. Makes me feel a little less depressed to still be here lol. :smile:

It was still pretty hot last year but I was on the top floor, this year I'm on the 2nd floor so hopefully it'll be better when it gets really hot. If it doesn't then I might get a fan.

But can't wait to be back at uni, girls will wear less and sunbathe a lot. :biggrin:
Are the annual visit open days the best ones for lancaster? If so, are they only on august 24th and sept 17th?
Reply 194
How do you do that? :P

It was still pretty hot last year but I was on the top floor, this year I'm on the 2nd floor so hopefully it'll be better when it gets really hot. If it doesn't then I might get a fan.

But can't wait to be back at uni, girls will wear less and sunbathe a lot. :biggrin:

here you go lad
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/remote/student/vpn/

Thanks, dog.

'The Internet is a dangerous place please Protect Yourself.' hahaha
Reply 196
Thanks, dog.

'The Internet is a dangerous place please Protect Yourself.' hahaha

yes mom :smile: ill remember to carry a condom with me at all times.
Original post by J1mjam
yes mom :smile: ill remember to carry a condom with me at all times.

I quoted the page you gave me (saying in case you haven't noticed :p: ).
Reply 198
I quoted the page you gave me (saying in case you haven't noticed :p: ).

haha, yea i noticed when i read it a couple of years back... just reminds me of something my mum used to say to me all the time xD
Reply 199
Original post by BeccaCath94
Are the annual visit open days the best ones for lancaster? If so, are they only on august 24th and sept 17th?

Fairly sure those are the only ones, cos I never went to one. After you get an offer, they invite you to a "subject open day" sort of thing, where the show you around a bit as well. That's all I went to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending