The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Shut up, bitch, and go back to the kitchen, now.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Any one else bored of the 'nightlife' alteadu? Just been to sugar again and been bored most of the night again. I end up trying to get really pissed every time I go to try and make something happen. So yeah I know this probably isnt the best place to ask this but what do u guys do for fun here
Original post by I'mNewHere
Any one else bored of the 'nightlife' alteadu? Just been to sugar again and been bored most of the night again. I end up trying to get really pissed every time I go to try and make something happen. So yeah I know this probably isnt the best place to ask this but what do u guys do for fun here

Uh oh, don't let Stefan see this post, you'll be sending out negative vibes about the uni :wink:

For me, I don't think so. But I haven't done much nightlife since freshers' week, so anything I do now would be almost new to me. If you're bored of Sugar then take a break from it and try various other places; if you're bored of everywhere then just cut back on going out by a night a week or something :smile:
Do you get a warning if your room is messy?
Reply 24
how much warning do you get for these inspections? doesnt it kinda defeat the whole point...not that im complaining but still. and what are they looking for and how thorough are they?
Reply 25
Inspections?!?

What?

My rooms a ****hole
Didn't know the rooms were due for inspections :frown:

Oh well, I have nothing to hide, it's reasonably neat and clean already :tongue:
Reply 27
i thought there would be some sort of inspection but im just wondering what they are looking for etc. like RR said.. do they give warnings or anything if its messy? that would suck. my mother was bad enough.
Reply 28
what the hell counts towards the resnet quota?

I downloaded a 1.5GBfilm off skyplayer the other day and it hasnt added it on? :confused:
Original post by cambo211
what the hell counts towards the resnet quota?

I downloaded a 1.5GBfilm off skyplayer the other day and it hasnt added it on? :confused:

Only stuff you download using external apps, i.e. what you download using your browser doesnt count towards your quota.

Or something like that...
Reply 30
Original post by J1mjam
how much warning do you get for these inspections? doesnt it kinda defeat the whole point...not that im complaining but still. and what are they looking for and how thorough are they?

I got the email about it on Friday for the inspection tomorrow so 4 days?
Reply 31
In a room inspection they are usually just checking that you haven't got illegal or dangerous things going on, like animals (yes, some people bring hamsters or fish), mini-fridges, fairy lights, candles, oil burners and so forth. They look for damage or vandalism, make sure you haven't disabled the smoke alarms or let off the fire extinguishers.
They might tell you if they think your room is a mess (they did me, haha) but they can't fine you for that.
Reply 32
Original post by Lizj
In a room inspection they are usually just checking that you haven't got illegal or dangerous things going on, like animals (yes, some people bring hamsters or fish), mini-fridges, fairy lights, candles, oil burners and so forth. They look for damage or vandalism, make sure you haven't disabled the smoke alarms or let off the fire extinguishers.
They might tell you if they think your room is a mess (they did me, haha) but they can't fine you for that.

Thank god for that :p:

My rooms a pig sty and could do with a clean but everythings still in good nick and i'm allowed the mini fridge in my room.
Reply 33
I never had an inspetion last year, and still havent this year...is it a college thing?
Reply 34
Original post by ponpon14
I never had an inspetion last year, and still havent this year...is it a college thing?

Edwina, the Cartmel residency officer is doing mine.
Can you complain about some tit with a leaf blower (obv. something to do with UPP) working at 8:00 in the morning? 'cause I was bloody tired 20 minutes ago, when they woke me up...
Reply 36
Original post by RedRevolver
Can you complain about some tit with a leaf blower (obv. something to do with UPP) working at 8:00 in the morning? 'cause I was bloody tired 20 minutes ago, when they woke me up...

I just got sent 21 email adresses.

1 of which is yours :p:

although i don't know which
Original post by Lizj

They don't seem to look very hard. When my friend had her room inspected, they said all was fine, despite the four sets of fairy lights and the numerous candles she had about the place. :smile:

Hamsters and fish are nothing either. There was a girl in my block in first year who had a larger, disabled room and decided to keep chickens! She was rather crazy and I dread to think of the smell in that room lol...

Room inspections are random. I did not had one in Yr1 or Yr2; I know a few people who had them in one of those years, others like me who haven't had one at all. Not sure how they decide who to inspect tbh. :smile:
Reply 38
They came into my room. Opened the window and told me I might have too much stuff plugged in and to check the resident's handbook then they left. Took about 30 seconds.
Original post by cambo211
I just got sent 21 email adresses.

1 of which is yours :p:

although i don't know which

From the PPR department?

'Cause if so, mine's not on there, haha.

Quick Reply

Latest