Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm looking to apply next year and just want to know what the sport facilitys are like on campus? Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claped)
    Hi guys! I'm looking to apply next year and just want to know what the sport facilitys are like on campus? Thanks
    Brand new sports centre, opened just this September.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    I know lancaster is great. But out of all 5 of my courses i've chosen thats probably the worst
    Agghhhhhh
    :eek: i've still only got my 2 offers :/
    Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived.
    Lancaster and where else? I have an awful memory, sorry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleNegative)
    Ooh that's unlucky! But I'm actually in a similar position. Lancaster is possibly the worst (economical) place for work experience. I need mental health issues in a DEPRIVED area. Somehow, I don't think Lancaster is deprived.
    Mental health issues in a deprived area?! Erm, trust me, Lancaster has some pretty deprived areas [eg, brownie groups who haven't put up the charges in literally 10 years because the parents struggle to pay them as they are, despite their fees being a lot lower than other local groups] and quite a lot of care in the community residents... You might be surprised, but I'd imagine you would find quite a lot on the topic either in Lancaster or in the local area.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster certainly has a lot of pretty deprived areas.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well i love the uni...its probably in the top 2 for location but i just dont really like the course
    Oh haha :/ You never know!
    I applied to heriot-watt, liverpool, lancaster, leeds and sheffield and only have offers so far from the first two....although i got a letter in the post from lancaster yesterday saying they were considering me so...
    How about you? What offers/other places have you got/applied to?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same, it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm going back in Feb for the open day, can't wait!!
    I got one from them before I got my email, so you might be in luck!
    Nothing from Dundee yet, but offers from the other four. I feel so much calmer about uni now it's insane. XD Where's your top choice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lancashire as a whole has a lot of deprived areas. Only 30 minutes down the road you have preston which has some really bad parts and not that far away is morecombe.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same, it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm going back in Feb for the open day, can't wait!!
    I got one from them before I got my email, so you might be in luck!
    Nothing from Dundee yet, but offers from the other four. I feel so much calmer about uni now it's insane. XD Where's your top choice?
    I went to an open day in august but am going again for a post-applicant subject course day thingy in march i think
    Ooh exciting times!!
    Wow! 4 offers! I have 2 Leeds i think is my top choice purely due to the whole package of course, campus and location but lancaster is definately top for campus!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went to an open day in august but am going again for a post-applicant subject course day thingy in march i think
    Ooh exciting times!!
    Wow! 4 offers! I have 2 Leeds i think is my top choice purely due to the whole package of course, campus and location but lancaster is definately top for campus!
    Ooh sounds good. I've got a couple in February, I'm not going to UEA, but I might go to the other three. Maybe Dundee too if I get an offer.
    Same for me. But best to go for the package deal in my opinion.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ooh sounds good. I've got a couple in February, I'm not going to UEA, but I might go to the other three. Maybe Dundee too if I get an offer.
    Same for me. But best to go for the package deal in my opinion.
    Ahh cool I was offered to go to one from Liverpool seen as though i got a conditional from there, but wont be going as fingers crossed i'll get offers from my two favourites
    Yeah the package deal is better but agghhh i dont know i really want to go to lancaster!!!!!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool I was offered to go to one from Liverpool seen as though i got a conditional from there, but wont be going as fingers crossed i'll get offers from my two favourites
    Yeah the package deal is better but agghhh i dont know i really want to go to lancaster!!!!!
    Yeah, definitely! At least they give you ages to reply. I just found out I can't go to my Manchester one because I'm in France, so it'll be a bit difficult. :P
    One of my friends has five offers, it's ridiculous! XD
    Lancaster's amazing, which is why I'm going again, to make sure I'm not making the wrong choice with Hull.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely! At least they give you ages to reply. I just found out I can't go to my Manchester one because I'm in France, so it'll be a bit difficult. :P
    One of my friends has five offers, it's ridiculous! XD
    Lancaster's amazing, which is why I'm going again, to make sure I'm not making the wrong choice with Hull.
    They do yeah Oh dear!! haha That will be quite difficult....is there only one though? For lancaster theres like 7!!!
    :eek: i'm so jealous!
    Hahaha yeah i think i am too....and am going to look at the surrounding area like lancaster town to see what its like I've been to open days at all 5 unis i've applied to and for all except lancaster i spent like 2-3 hrs there but for lancaster i was there the full day!! hehe
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    They do yeah Oh dear!! haha That will be quite difficult....is there only one though? For lancaster theres like 7!!!
    :eek: i'm so jealous!
    Hahaha yeah i think i am too....and am going to look at the surrounding area like lancaster town to see what its like I've been to open days at all 5 unis i've applied to and for all except lancaster i spent like 2-3 hrs there but for lancaster i was there the full day!! hehe
    I was only given the option for one day for both Manchester and Lancaster. I'll have to check that out.
    Lol I know! She kept it really quiet too! I had no idea until she said she had five. XD
    Yeah, I need to look at the town too, I didn't get a chance to see it at all, even though I was there quite a long time. I looked around them all about the same amount, but it depended on how long my feet could hold up! XD I was absolutely knackered for the Leeds one, so I had to leave early and get an earlier train. I slept for about 15 hours when I got back, I was really tired!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was only given the option for one day for both Manchester and Lancaster. I'll have to check that out.
    Lol I know! She kept it really quiet too! I had no idea until she said she had five. XD
    Yeah, I need to look at the town too, I didn't get a chance to see it at all, even though I was there quite a long time. I looked around them all about the same amount, but it depended on how long my feet could hold up! XD I was absolutely knackered for the Leeds one, so I had to leave early and get an earlier train. I slept for about 15 hours when I got back, I was really tired!
    Oh. I was given quite a few for Lancaster (don't know about Manchester!!)...but then I was only given one for Sheffield so......
    Well good luck to her!!
    Yeah I think we're going to go back sometime......
    For Leeds and Liverpool I had to go somewhere in the afternoon so we were only there a few hours :/ hehe
    God!!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh. I was given quite a few for Lancaster (don't know about Manchester!!)...but then I was only given one for Sheffield so......
    Well good luck to her!!
    Yeah I think we're going to go back sometime......
    For Leeds and Liverpool I had to go somewhere in the afternoon so we were only there a few hours :/ hehe
    God!!
    I really need to reply, it's not good, I keep forgetting that I haven't said I'm going.
    Well done on Sheffield if I haven't already said it!
    That sucks. :/ At least you'll get the chance for a whole day if you get an offer!
    Yeah lol, I'm good at sleeping for ages. XD 19 (or 22 - I can't remember) is my most. I tend to get really tired after shows and stuff.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really need to reply, it's not good, I keep forgetting that I haven't said I'm going.
    Well done on Sheffield if I haven't already said it!
    That sucks. :/ At least you'll get the chance for a whole day if you get an offer!
    Yeah lol, I'm good at sleeping for ages. XD 19 (or 22 - I can't remember) is my most. I tend to get really tired after shows and stuff.
    Hahaha i dont think i've said im going to the lancaster one yet either...hmm....i better do so!!
    Sheffield isnt actually an offer yet...i have to go to the open day first so i wont get an offer until march But you couldve said no i dont want to go and they'd give you your offer (which i wish i'd done now!!)
    Yeah true
    OMG!!! I never sleep for any more than 10 hours :/

I got an offer from Lancaster yesterday
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha i dont think i've said im going to the lancaster one yet either...hmm....i better do so!!
    Sheffield isnt actually an offer yet...i have to go to the open day first so i wont get an offer until march But you couldve said no i dont want to go and they'd give you your offer (which i wish i'd done now!!)
    Yeah true
    OMG!!! I never sleep for any more than 10 hours :/

I got an offer from Lancaster yesterday
    I still haven't booked them. It's been a busy few days! XD
    That sucks! But at least you'll get a chance to look at it. I don't get anything from Dundee til then either. :/
    Haha lol, switch with me an you will. :P
    Sorry I haven't replied for a while btw, I've been at my Grandma's.

WOOOO WELL DONE!! What is it?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't booked them. It's been a busy few days! XD
    That sucks! But at least you'll get a chance to look at it. I don't get anything from Dundee til then either. :/
    Haha lol, switch with me an you will. :P
    Sorry I haven't replied for a while btw, I've been at my Grandma's.

WOOOO WELL DONE!! What is it?
    Haha same :/
    Yeah thats true. I'll get to look at bits i didnt see first time around like accomodation....
    Nah i'm ok.....hehehe
    Ahh thats fine
    I know!! Thank you Its ABB!!!! I was very shocked as its a top 10 uni but lower than most of my others!! Because of this i'll have to put it as my insurance if i get AAB offer from Leeds....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha same :/
    Yeah thats true. I'll get to look at bits i didnt see first time around like accomodation....
    Nah i'm ok.....hehehe
    Ahh thats fine
    I know!! Thank you Its ABB!!!! I was very shocked as its a top 10 uni but lower than most of my others!! Because of this i'll have to put it as my insurance if i get AAB offer from Leeds....
    Yeah, the only accommodation I got to see was Hull. I liked it.
    ABB? That's surprising!! And really good. Is there not another one you could get with a lower offer? :s You don't have to accept two offers if you really want to go to Lancaster. I dunno though, you could always talk to someone at school about it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 8, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.