Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even at Lancaster, but I remember the first time I came across the colleges on the website, Cartmel stood out the most - probably because I liked their logo (the Griffin and college colours) the best.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its county all the way!
    Im an honourary county member - mainly because im in bowland and dislike it and spend so much of my time in county anyway!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do it for the tree!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponpon14)
    Its county all the way!
    Im an honourary county member - mainly because im in bowland and dislike it and spend so much of my time in county anyway!
    Begfriend. Haha, j/k.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    Begfriend. Haha, j/k.
    Sorry?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry?
    Erm, it was a joke. It may have been inappropriate. I apologise if I've caused offence. I just thought everyone supported their college (even if it's a bad one).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    Erm, it was a joke. It may have been inappropriate. I apologise if I've caused offence. I just thought everyone supported their college (even if it's a bad one).
    I just didnt understand the joke.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just didnt understand the joke.
    Oh ok. It may be the London lingo then. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loving the weather atm.

Yesterday, my 3 hour special subject seminar turned into a right blast. We spent less than an hour in the seminar room working and then 2 hours in the beer garden, hidden behind Trev. [All the better because our tutor bought the drinks lol. ] Half the class then went and spent three hours playing on the playground with beer and cider lol.

After all the stresses this term of essays and dissertations, days like that make me thankful I am a third year!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Loving the weather atm.

Yesterday, my 3 hour special subject seminar turned into a right blast. We spent less than an hour in the seminar room working and then 2 hours in the beer garden, hidden behind Trev. [All the better because our tutor bought the drinks lol. ] Half the class then went and spent three hours playing on the playground with beer and cider lol.

After all the stresses this term of essays and dissertations, days like that make me thankful I am a third year!
    Yeh, its great at the moment with weather like this.

Went and had a proper blast on my motorbike this morning, 2 hours thrashing it around the local roads and am just off to have a kickabout with some mates while the suns still out.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loving the weather, girls are wearing much less. :ahee:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep - the weathers great! Summer clothes coming out, barbecues, sports outside and reading on the grass! Cant beat it
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep - the weathers great! Summer clothes coming out, barbecues, sports outside and reading on the grass! Cant beat it
    It's gonna get cold again for the weekend .. apparently
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleak Lemming)
    It's gonna get cold again for the weekend .. apparently
    yeah...ah well. I made the most of it for the last few days via walking lot etc, so im ot oing to complain!

Did anyone else see that lancs are raising their fees to 9000!?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah...ah well. I made the most of it for the last few days via walking lot etc, so im ot oing to complain!

Did anyone else see that lancs are raising their fees to 9000!?
    Aye.
    To be honest, I think the 'variable' fees thing was always going to result in the majority charging the maximum. To charge less would be like saying a Lancaster degree is less valuable than one from Manchester, Exeter etc.
    Not that I necessarily agree with the fees being so high, but I can understand why Lancaster has opted to charge the max along with so many others.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today we went out for a walk around the campus and there were people playing, it all made me want to play games too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woo for it being loan payment day.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Woo for it being loan payment day.
    All my friends got paid on Saturday. :p:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my money came through on saturday and immediately went to pay off the final accommodation payment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Yeah my money came through on saturday and immediately went to pay off the final accommodation payment.
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    All my friends got paid on Saturday. :p:
    I would have to check when mine came in. I checked the bank for the first time today [since March 7th] and noticed it had gone in.

This payment is really good for me. My rent is about £300-£400 less than the previous two terms, and my loan is slightly higher so for a change I actually have money left over.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 8, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.