The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm not even at Lancaster, but I remember the first time I came across the colleges on the website, Cartmel stood out the most - probably because I liked their logo (the Griffin and college colours) the best.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Its county all the way!
Im an honourary county member - mainly because im in bowland and dislike it and spend so much of my time in county anyway!
Reply 122
Do it for the tree!
Original post by ponpon14
Its county all the way!
Im an honourary county member - mainly because im in bowland and dislike it and spend so much of my time in county anyway!

Begfriend. Haha, j/k.
Original post by Mombasa Raha
Begfriend. Haha, j/k.

Sorry?
Sorry?

Erm, it was a joke. It may have been inappropriate. I apologise if I've caused offence. I just thought everyone supported their college (even if it's a bad one).
Original post by Mombasa Raha
Erm, it was a joke. It may have been inappropriate. I apologise if I've caused offence. I just thought everyone supported their college (even if it's a bad one).

I just didnt understand the joke. :smile:
I just didnt understand the joke. :smile:

Oh ok. :smile: It may be the London lingo then. :rolleyes:
Loving the weather atm. :biggrin:

Yesterday, my 3 hour special subject seminar turned into a right blast. We spent less than an hour in the seminar room working and then 2 hours in the beer garden, hidden behind Trev. [All the better because our tutor bought the drinks lol. ] Half the class then went and spent three hours playing on the playground with beer and cider lol.

After all the stresses this term of essays and dissertations, days like that make me thankful I am a third year! :smile:
Original post by affinity89
Loving the weather atm. :biggrin:

Yesterday, my 3 hour special subject seminar turned into a right blast. We spent less than an hour in the seminar room working and then 2 hours in the beer garden, hidden behind Trev. [All the better because our tutor bought the drinks lol. ] Half the class then went and spent three hours playing on the playground with beer and cider lol.

After all the stresses this term of essays and dissertations, days like that make me thankful I am a third year! :smile:

Yeh, its great at the moment with weather like this.

Went and had a proper blast on my motorbike this morning, 2 hours thrashing it around the local roads and am just off to have a kickabout with some mates while the suns still out.
Loving the weather, girls are wearing much less. :ahee:
Yep - the weathers great! Summer clothes coming out, barbecues, sports outside and reading on the grass! Cant beat it :biggrin:
Yep - the weathers great! Summer clothes coming out, barbecues, sports outside and reading on the grass! Cant beat it :biggrin:

It's gonna get cold again for the weekend :frown:.. apparently
Original post by Bleak Lemming
It's gonna get cold again for the weekend :frown:.. apparently

yeah...ah well. I made the most of it for the last few days via walking lot etc, so im ot oing to complain!

Did anyone else see that lancs are raising their fees to 9000!?
yeah...ah well. I made the most of it for the last few days via walking lot etc, so im ot oing to complain!

Did anyone else see that lancs are raising their fees to 9000!?

Aye.
To be honest, I think the 'variable' fees thing was always going to result in the majority charging the maximum. To charge less would be like saying a Lancaster degree is less valuable than one from Manchester, Exeter etc.
Not that I necessarily agree with the fees being so high, but I can understand why Lancaster has opted to charge the max along with so many others.
Today we went out for a walk around the campus and there were people playing, it all made me want to play games too. :biggrin:
Woo for it being loan payment day. :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
Woo for it being loan payment day. :biggrin:

All my friends got paid on Saturday. :p:
Reply 138
Yeah my money came through on saturday and immediately went to pay off the final accommodation payment.
Original post by cambo211
Yeah my money came through on saturday and immediately went to pay off the final accommodation payment.

Original post by RabbitCFH
All my friends got paid on Saturday. :p:

I would have to check when mine came in. I checked the bank for the first time today [since March 7th] and noticed it had gone in. :smile:

This payment is really good for me. My rent is about £300-£400 less than the previous two terms, and my loan is slightly higher so for a change I actually have money left over. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending