Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by ponpon14
Me too! I dont want to go home...

Original post by RabbitCFH
Going home tomorrow, gonna miss Lancaster. :frown:

i went home last night(friday) cos i wanted to watch wigan rugby. only reason. i would rather stay at uni for the holidays than go home. but it would be a very lonely place during the holidays i suppose.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by affinity89
Was anyone else awoken by that thunder storm - at around 4am - last night? It literally made me jump, cause it was so loud lol! I think my room is rather exposed, being so high up and open to the wind. It meant that the wind and rain that followed seemed rather aggressive. Silly weather!

Yeah - mental, and I'm on the ground floor! I thought the underpass have caved it or something - it was crazy loud!
Original post by Sheepmaster317
Not me, although I woke up to find my suitcase had fallen over in the middle of the night, so I'm trying to remember if I managed to sleep through that or not :P

Being so high up must be annoying for Lancaster's constant windy days and nights :wink:

It is a little windy up here lol. It manages to make my curtains billow even when my window is shut lol. Also, the wind has a nasty habit of 'catching' my window - if I leave it open a tiny bit. Last time I did that, I came back to my room to find my curtains flying out in the rain and all the sand from my zen garden gone lol!

:smile:
Original post by `Chris
Yeah - mental, and I'm on the ground floor! I thought the underpass have caved it or something - it was crazy loud!

I was at a house party, and apparently some people really sketched out because of it, ha.
Original post by mackemforever
Lol, nah, I get plenty of weird looks on campus.

When I was coming back along the main road through campus yesterday I had 2 people at completely different spots shout at me to rev it and 1 guy who I let across a crossing walked across grinning at me, thumbs up!

I don't know why people find motorbikes so fascinating!

Do you park your bike outside of the Lonsdale park store?
Me and my friend have an agreement too - we either go to the lectures together or skip them together.

Haha, I actually have a similar arrangement with my friend in History. We spend a lot of time together socially, and so it's usually 'Hey, Vicky, you going to that History lecture tomorrow at 9?' 'Nah, probably not.' 'Oh, okay, me too'. It's ace.
Last time we tried a mass skive some guy said he'd kick us out of a student facebook group if we "tried anything like that again"

If we weren't in a lecture when he said that I would have verbally destroyed him. I think the feeling was mutual with everyone else who heard it.
:lolwut:

Sounds like a bit of a prick, that.
Original post by RedRevolver
Do you park your bike outside of the Lonsdale park store?

Nope, down by the Cartmel bike sheds.
Just noticed that Google has finally been updated regarding campus. Since I started back in 2008, it has shown the old layout with no southwest campus and the old buildings up here for Furness and Fylde. Now, it seems to be bang up to date. :smile:

[Please don't judge me for noticing lol!]
Reply 170
that happened a couple of weeks back :smile: i went on one day to get some directions to campus. then the next day to print them off and it had changed :smile: my room now exists !! :smile:
Just noticed that Google has finally been updated regarding campus. Since I started back in 2008, it has shown the old layout with no southwest campus and the old buildings up here for Furness and Fylde. Now, it seems to be bang up to date. :smile:

[Please don't judge me for noticing lol!]
For those still on campus: Have you been having any problems with bandwidth at the moment?

Normally, I can watch things on iPlayer etc without any problems but these past couple of days it has been buffering a lot/not playing properly.

It is a bit random as I imagine there are far fewer people using the internet on campus right now than during term time. :/

Oh, and I checked the resnet usage thing. I am way, way under, so it isn't related to that. :smile:
I ordered 4 different 2012 univeristy prospectuses on 4th april (11 days ago) and 3 have come. The only one that hasnt is Lancaster... Should I wait a bit longer or oder another one in case it got lost? Thanks
Reply 173
For those still on campus: Have you been having any problems with bandwidth at the moment?

Normally, I can watch things on iPlayer etc without any problems but these past couple of days it has been buffering a lot/not playing properly.

It is a bit random as I imagine there are far fewer people using the internet on campus right now than during term time. :/

Oh, and I checked the resnet usage thing. I am way, way under, so it isn't related to that. :smile:

thats weird. i constantly have problems with it buffering in term time. but if you dont then its weird why there would be a problem now. i player shouldnt even count towards your quota and even if you were over, it wouldnt slow down iplayer or any other 'normal' internet usage. both my and my flat mate have discussed the annoyance when it stops buffering and the only way to get it playing again is to reload and skip forward :\.

Original post by BeccaCath94
I ordered 4 different 2012 univeristy prospectuses on 4th april (11 days ago) and 3 have come. The only one that hasnt is Lancaster... Should I wait a bit longer or oder another one in case it got lost? Thanks

i never ordered one, i picked one up in person. but i know that lancaster can be very slow in areas. maybe give em a ring. tell then you ordered on 11 days ago and see what they say. they may just order another for you there and then.
Original post by J1mjam

i never ordered one, i picked one up in person. but i know that lancaster can be very slow in areas. maybe give em a ring. tell then you ordered on 11 days ago and see what they say. they may just order another for you there and then.

Ok. thanks anyway :smile: I'll give them a few more days...its not like theres any rush!
Original post by BeccaCath94
Ok. thanks anyway :smile: I'll give them a few more days...its not like theres any rush!

You can see the prospectus in full here: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/undergrad/ugp2012.htm. :smile:
You can see the prospectus in full here: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/undergrad/ugp2012.htm. :smile:

Oh ok thenn...thank you...
So bored. Can't wait to be back. Need a good drink and a Friday night at Sugar.
Reply 178
So bored. Can't wait to be back. Need a good drink and a Friday night at Sugar.

im right with you there. apart from the sugar bit :P im getting my parents to take me back next weekend. i have **** loads of work to do and i dont look like getting any done here. house isnt quiet enough and i have nowhere to work. and im sick of being at home! id rather be the only one in my flat for a week that sit at home for a week xD
Funny you should both say that... I came home today. Got to go back to Lancaster for work, but loving being home and away from campus for a bit. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending