The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Union Bars/Clubs?

Hey guys :smile:

I was just looking at the leeds student union site and it mentions pubs/clubs such as terrace, hidden cafe, pulsa and old bar.

Are these accessible to just students or can members of the public go in?
Also do you find that as a student, you go to these places a lot?
Reply 1
The three clubs are Stylus,Pulse and Mine. The two bars are Terrace and Old Bar. As far as I know they are totally accesible to public.

How often you go to them probably depends on how near to Campus you are.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I never lived on campus but went to these quite a lot. If I wanted to meet people for drinks during the daytime or after lectures it was generally the Old Bar or Terrace, or the Faversham.

Stylus was fun in 1st year but after that I didn't go in it till after I'd graduated.

But yeah these are popular places and they are good venues as well. Having seen some other unis social facilities, I now appreciate Leeds more, the stuff in the union is really good.
Reply 3
I don't go in the clubs as I'm not a club person but I do spend my lunches in old bar during the week between morning lectures and afternoon ones.
Reply 4
They tend to hold quite a lot of arranged events, like music acts and such so we tend to go when its a night with something that appeals, although Fruity on a friday in the union never goes amis really!

Pretty sure its open to public as i've never been asked for student ID, just regular...

Quick Reply

Latest