Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Working for ASDA, any questions?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robm612)
    Hey all,
    I applied a week and 2 days ago and got the automated email. Since then my application status has been "application under review". I was just wondering if 1-2 weeks is a usual amount of time to wait to hear back from them. Im pretty sure i passed all the questions as im sure you get an automated email saying you were unsuccessful straight after you apply.

I know a m8 in the store i applied to and put him down as a colleague referral but hes away on holiday atm, could that be why i havent heard back.

I also just checked the available positions and the one i applied for is no longer there, is it a bad sign that i haven't heard anything and its no longer up.

Sorry for all the questions but if i had got this job it would have been pretty convenient as i live pretty close.
    I doubt it's because of your friend's holiday, though it is good you got a referral. I don't work at Asda, but I've applied many times, and from my experience they take a while to respond. I never managed to get an interview, just usually get a response varying from 1-2 months after the end date stating they can't process my application further.

This is purely guesswork, but I'm thinking if they wanted to proceed with your application, they'd surely contact you within two weeks? You can ring the store and enquire.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a new Asda opening near me around winter this year. I've had a look at the new store opening job site for Asda but nothing has come up. Do you guys know when they will be advertising for places or should I go an alternative route for finding a job there?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    Argh still haven't heard anything from group interview !
    I had a magic assessment on wednesday and interview on the same day. When do you think we will hear replies? Getting addicted on checking on ASDA website to see if anything has changed.

Will you also have to go like manchester for training?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much do you earn on average monthly? Is there any requirements, and how many hours do you do? Looking for a job in september, so trying to think of the best ways to apply and where to any suggestions?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got the magic session thing in a couple of weeks.

Thing is, it's for an asda like an hour's bus journey from me. While I'm perfectly happy to make the distance, there's one just a 5 minute walk down the road from where I live. Do you think if I get the job it would easy enough to request a transfer? It seems silly to go so far out when there's one right nearby.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)

Thing is, it's for an asda like an hour's bus journey from me. While I'm perfectly happy to make the distance, there's one just a 5 minute walk down the road from where I live. Do you think if I get the job it would easy enough to request a transfer? It seems silly to go so far out when there's one right nearby.
    That's exactly what happened to me! It should be as simple as if there is a vacancy (and you are doing alright in your current store) you can do an internal transfer. Though I haven't actually tried it yet as I was happy just working in my current store.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    That's exactly what happened to me! It should be as simple as if there is a vacancy (and you are doing alright in your current store) you can do an internal transfer. Though I haven't actually tried it yet as I was happy just working in my current store.
    Ah cool, good to hear!

Kinda bricking it about the 'magic session' thing though. I've never done a one-to-one let alone a group interview.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, good to hear!

Kinda bricking it about the 'magic session' thing though. I've never done a one-to-one let alone a group interview.
    I think it's easier than a 1-1 session. I was nervous but you didn't really have to do much. We just had to say what our favourite movie was and why (the worst bit for me as I don't have one!), have a chat with the person next to us then tell the group why they should get the job and then build something out of spaghetti and marshmallows as a group.

I don't know if it's normally the case - but everyone at my magic thing was hired. As long as you don't come across as inflexible and someone who hates people, you should be fine!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    I think it's easier than a 1-1 session. I was nervous but you didn't really have to do much. We just had to say what our favourite movie was and why (the worst bit for me as I don't have one!), have a chat with the person next to us then tell the group why they should get the job and then build something out of spaghetti and marshmallows as a group.

I don't know if it's normally the case - but everyone at my magic thing was hired. As long as you don't come across as inflexible and someone who hates people, you should be fine!
    Thanks, that's calmed me a little.

Only slight problem is that it's currently being built (or at least hasn't opened yet) so I've got no idea where the interview is apart from some really vague directions on the wee date application thing they emailed me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I've got a similiar problem. This is what I posted in the other Asda thread:

(Original post by Mr. Frying Pan)
    OK, I need some help urgently. The positions that I applied for were all in Birmingham, yet I've been invited to an Asda Magic session in Stoke. I've checked but this is the only place where one of these sessions is being held. What should I do, considering it's quite far from me?
    Has anyone else had to go to a Magic session at a store that isn't one that they applied to? Also, I've applied to quite a few stores so how do I know which one I've been selected for?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

I've got a similiar problem. This is what I posted in the other Asda thread:

(Original post by Mr. Frying Pan)
    OK, I need some help urgently. The positions that I applied for were all in Birmingham, yet I've been invited to an Asda Magic session in Stoke. I've checked but this is the only place where one of these sessions is being held. What should I do, considering it's quite far from me?
    Has anyone else had to go to a Magic session at a store that isn't one that they applied to? Also, I've applied to quite a few stores so how do I know which one I've been selected for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Me too! I've been given a 'Magic Session' and it's all the way in Stoke, and I'm from Birmingham! I advise you to just go, that's what I'm doing. Maybe it's a test... They want to see if we're willing to go that far! LOL
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_1123)
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Me too! I've been given a 'Magic Session' and it's all the way in Stoke, and I'm from Birmingham! I advise you to just go, that's what I'm doing. Maybe it's a test... They want to see if we're willing to go that far! LOL
    I know I've been quoting you in the other thread, but did you apply to the new Bordesley Green store?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piedpiper)
    How much do you earn on average monthly? Is there any requirements, and how many hours do you do? Looking for a job in september, so trying to think of the best ways to apply and where to any suggestions?
    depends how many hours you wish to work

well I have a 5.5 hour contract but do anything from 10 to 50 hours depending on what is going and what I feel like doing. and if you feel you want more you just ask your dpt manger/ around for overtime. but I can always find how much I want
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does Asda contact your references??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had the Magic Session last Tuesday which consisted of some group tasks and going onto shop floor. It wasn't in the store that I applied for because the store is being re-branded from Netto to ASDA.

After the group interview they said they were going to call everyone by Friday but didn't till Saturday (so don't sweat it if they are a bit late). Been invited to 1-1 with a manager that I already met and chatted to during the group interview so hoping that I get the job next week.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a magic session tomorrow but i'm not sure how i can prove eligibility to work.

I have a passport although it's out of date (by 4 years) and i've looked at the alternatives and they want a NI Card and Full birth certificate.
    I've checked and I only have a short birth cert which apparantly isn't accepted. I'm going to ring them tomorrow to check but has anyone had any problems like
    this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy guys, I have ASDA Best Welcome tomorrow, so i got the job just wondering do I get paid for it? Its 8.30am to 4.30pm, and what does it involve? :-)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there a slow update on the ASDA online application because I completed the tests a couple of hours ago and the status of my application is still 'Assessments to be completed'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    i am on holiday from college since 2 weeks now and on the ASDA application form it asks for two referees one should be someone like headteacher/tutor i want to put down tutor but i dont have any permission from my tutor at college to put him down as my referee so what should i do? shall i put him down or not?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2014
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.