Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dexter Society

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Season 5 has been deeply disappointing, especially when the first 4 were so good.
    Agreed - particularly when you compare it to the other Sunday drama shows on television. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Rubicon, The Walking Dead (basically anything by AMC), Boardwalk Empire etc, are all so much better in my view.

Dexter is slipping...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dexter is awesome. Yeah season 5 is not brilliant so far. First time Dexter is breaking apart at the seams though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostkillah)
    Dexter is awesome. Yeah season 5 is not brilliant so far. First time Dexter is breaking apart at the seams though
    I quite like the way he held it together...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought season 3 was a bit weak, myself, I liked Jimmy Smits and I thought he played a good character but there were parts that I didn't like, for example, The Skinner, I know they have to have a big bad in the season but by the end of it I was so into Jimmy Smits and the way his character was going that I couldn't care less about The Skinner anymore - he shouldn't have been the big finale kill. I found a few times that that season seemed to treat the audience as if it was a bit stupid (especially all the scenes concerning LaGuerta trying to figure out if Prado was linked with Ellen's murder). Also that they kept bringing up f***ing Freebo all the way through the season - I don't care.

I make it sound like I hated the season, I didn't, I really enjoyed it but there were just some really weak moments in it for me. Season 4 was an amazing improvement.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    Also that they kept bringing up f***ing Freebo all the way through the season - I don't care.
    Worth it for the way Angel says fwebo.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Worth it for the way Angel says fwebo.
    It's not his fault his Cuban tongue can't curl very well....except in LaGuerta. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

...sorry.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Christ)
    Yesss!
    I did laugh when I saw what he did to disguise it :laugh:
    Haha, some seriously quick thinking!

It always confused me because, surely, they monitor what people look at on their computers in the police station and Dexter is contantly looking up these criminals who then disappear off the face of the planet.
    It's true. You would think they'd have some form of system in which they can check what people are looking at on station computers. Unless Dexter's got a way of hiding from it, of course.

I also thought that LaGuerta was chasing up Doakes' death at the end of season 2, because it seemed really clear that she didn't believe he was the Bay Harbour Butcher. But then they just kinda dropped the whole thing and had her accept it, I know LaGuerta was pretty useless at first but she should be getting better than that.
    I know! And in season three, when Miguel finds out about Dexter and his tendencies, how on earth did he not make the Bay Harbour Butcher connection?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just finished season 4 and John Lithgow was AMAZING. I knew he was a good actor but I can't believe how great a job he did.

Also, it seems to me that they want Quinn to be the next Doakes, and that doesn't fly with me. Doakes was a special kind of awesome.
    I agree, Quinn doesn't fit the show for some reason, I can see HIM in Chicago or Boston but not Miami, but yeah, it was a mistake for the writers to
    Spoiler:
    Show
    kill off doakes
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Christ)
    Yesss!
    I did laugh when I saw what he did to disguise it :laugh:
    I didn't here is why, I'll spoiler it

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was ridiculous. They found so much blood somewhere completely different. They followed it and all of a sudden forgot about it. They did not question how the blood got to the other place. The coroner would notice that the guys neck got broken - he didn't die from the gun wound.

I guess it was funny the way Masuka went on about it. But it did not make much sense.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    I didn't here is why, I'll spoiler it

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was ridiculous. They found so much blood somewhere completely different. They followed it and all of a sudden forgot about it. They did not question how the blood got to the other place. The coroner would notice that the guys neck got broken - he didn't die from the gun wound.

I guess it was funny the way Masuka went on about it. But it did not make much sense.
    I know. It was a bit stupid, and it all seemed a bit...informal for a crime scene. Masuka would be fired in real life, I reckon.

I still found it funny :ashamed2:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I agree, Quinn doesn't fit the show for some reason, I can see HIM in Chicago or Boston but not Miami, but yeah, it was a mistake for the writers to
    Spoiler:
    Show
    kill off doakes
    It really was, granted it was a better fate than the one they gave him in the books:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Alive, but with limbs and tongue removed by Dr Danco.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    It really was, granted it was a better fate than the one they gave him in the books:

Spoiler:
    Show
    What?

Spoiler:
    Show
    who is dr danco, and surely he could at least still use his nose to type, or is a nose a limb? or use his eyes to communicate with those computers
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Wow, interesting, I didn't read the books. Probably check them out.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen episode 8 yet?

It was the best in the season so far in my opinion.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how up to date people are but..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    la guarta! what an absolute cow! i really started to like her when she first got with angel, but what she's done to Deb.. euuurgh. really want Quinn to drop his whole thing with Dexter cos i actually quite like him with Deb. & we dont need another Doakes. Lumen irritates me, less and less as the episodes go by but still. I really thought she was gonna go off round the world with Owen.

The season four finale was literally the most heartbreaking episode. I really really didnt see it coming. Poor baby Harrison (who is actually the cutest little boy ever!) and poor poor Rita.

Ps. bring back Cody! i loved that kid.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    Not sure how up to date people are but..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    la guarta! what an absolute cow! i really started to like her when she first got with angel, but what she's done to Deb.. euuurgh. really want Quinn to drop his whole thing with Dexter cos i actually quite like him with Deb. & we dont need another Doakes. Lumen irritates me, less and less as the episodes go by but still. I really thought she was gonna go off round the world with Owen.

The season four finale was literally the most heartbreaking episode. I really really didnt see it coming. Poor baby Harrison (who is actually the cutest little boy ever!) and poor poor Rita.

Ps. bring back Cody! i loved that kid.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I KNOW la guerta is a bitch. she has turned really horrible this season. i hope they get rid of her as boss. i mean what's his name, the old guy who was up her neck already about the fuentes case, if debra and batista get listened to, i predict he will kick la guerta out.

i dont get why people hate lumen? i guess she is annoying, but she is an integral part of the story. she is closest to dexter this season. season 1 it was his brother, last season trinity killer, season before that prado. i think she is important for dexter's sake.

haha yes, astor can stay away, but bring cody back!

and i dont know. it would have been funny if dex took harrison on some killing with him. but he isnt on in the season much is he.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok Ep 9 just made me establish and maintain an erection. Gonna hit you sluts up with some spoiler right now inda house, don't read if you haven't seen it.

When Dexter is beating that man up and describing exactly where he is hitting him and the pain it will cause was the most bad ass thing I've seen since when Trinity was all "Sup Dexter Morgan"
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexygenocide)
    Ok Ep 9 just made me establish and maintain an erection. Gonna hit you sluts up with some spoiler right now inda house, don't read if you haven't seen it.
    Excellent spoiler skills... oh wait, that's a quote

I also really liked this one. Thought it was one of the best of the season thus far.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lumen is actually growing on me.
    I'm also anticipating the whole thing with Quinn's dodgy investigation person is going to hit the fan and cause some interesting situations.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    GUYS

did you see the preview of the next episodes at the end?

o.m.g.

how the hell is gonna get out of that one?

and yes, the way he described hitting Barry. Stuff of genius.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    GUYS

did you see the preview of the next episodes at the end?

o.m.g.

how the hell is gonna get out of that one?

and yes, the way he described hitting Barry. Stuff of genius.
    What's on the preview?
    Best part of the episode that, seems be doing whatever the **** he wants these days. Last few episodes have really picked up the pace.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.