The Student Room Group

Dexter Society

TSR seems to hold societies for pretty much all my favourite TV programmes other than Dexter, so I thought I'd initiate one.

If you're a Dexter fan, feel free to join/post/whatever.

PS: I'm not that fussed about being leader, I just wanted this to exist. If anyone wants to be leader, I'm sure we could sort that out.

:smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1039

(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Surprise! Motha****a!
Reply 2
Just finished season 4 and John Lithgow was AMAZING. I knew he was a good actor but I can't believe how great a job he did.

Also, it seems to me that they want Quinn to be the next Doakes, and that doesn't fly with me. Doakes was a special kind of awesome.
Reply 3
Cool. Am really enjoying the new season, though Lumen (WELL DONE DEXTER CREATION PEOPLE, CLEEEEVER....) was getting on my nerves for a while.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorani
Just finished season 4 and John Lithgow was AMAZING. I knew he was a good actor but I can't believe how great a job he did.

Also, it seems to me that they want Quinn to be the next Doakes, and that doesn't fly with me. Doakes was a special kind of awesome.

Agreed. Lithgow was made for that role.

Ah! I'm not a Quinn fan personally; he'd never fill Doakes' shoes.

Original post by nempozpag
Cool. Am really enjoying the new season, though Lumen (WELL DONE DEXTER CREATION PEOPLE, CLEEEEVER....) was getting on my nerves for a while.

She annoys the hell out of me too (still does).

Also, if you're talking about a season/episode that's not already out in England, it's probably best to spoiler it. Just mentioning names is probably OK though, providing it doesn't give story lines away.
Reply 5
Original post by Kinkerz

She annoys the hell out of me too (still does).

Also, if you're talking about a season/episode that's not already out in England, it's probably best to spoiler it. Just mentioning names is probably OK though, providing it doesn't give story lines away.

Ah yeah sorry :s-smilie: Don't think it gives anything away though fortunately.
Reply 6
Original post by nempozpag
Ah yeah sorry :s-smilie: Don't think it gives anything away though fortunately.

Nah, not really.

It was more directed at the thread in general.
Reply 7
Original post by Kinkerz
Agreed. Lithgow was made for that role.

Ah! I'm not a Quinn fan personally; he'd never fill Doakes' shoes.

I miss Doakes. The way he'd thunder around the station like a big muscular bulldozer, glaring at everyone, motherf***ing everyone. And to give the guy his due, he was obviously the smartest one there considering he got suspicous of Dexter so fast. It may be because he himself had a pretty dark part to his character but still - a lot of people at that station really need to pay better attention.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.
The season finale for 4 made me cry though. </3
Original post by Sorani

Completely agree with this sentiment.

Quinn has just irritated me this season and frankly, no one can be as cool as Doakes (so sad to see him go).

This season has started off quite slow and they've got a lot to do in order to top the last season - Dexter's new little helper can go both ways, thus far I'm quite interested in how things turn out, but given they've got more than half of the episodes to fill, spending them hunting down her rapists might get a bit tiresome.

Officially, my 3rd/4th favourite show to watch on Sundays/Mondays (after Mad Men, Rubicon and Boardwalk Empire).
Reply 10
Original post by manchild007
Completely agree with this sentiment.

Quinn has just irritated me this season and frankly, no one can be as cool as Doakes (so sad to see him go).

Spoiler

Officially, my 3rd/4th favourite show to watch on Sundays/Mondays (after Mad Men, Rubicon and Boardwalk Empire).

Some people might not have seen season five yet.

Original post by Sorani
I miss Doakes. The way he'd thunder around the station like a big muscular bulldozer, glaring at everyone, motherf***ing everyone. And to give the guy his due, he was obviously the smartest one there considering he got suspicous of Dexter so fast. It may be because he himself had a pretty dark part to his character but still - a lot of people at that station really need to pay better attention.

I miss Doakes too. He was a really good character. I thought his last few episodes in season two were awesome.

A lot of people in Dexter's life need to pay more attention! I guess it just shows that he's good with his disguise.
(edited 13 years ago)
:jiggy:

Anyone up to date with season 5?
Reply 12
Original post by Johnny Christ
:jiggy:

Anyone up to date with season 5?

I think so?

Spoiler

Joined the group :smile:
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
I think so?

Spoiler

Yesss!
I did laugh when I saw what he did to disguise it :laugh:
Reply 15
Original post by Kinkerz

A lot of people in Dexter's life need to pay more attention! I guess it just shows that he's good with his disguise.

It always confused me because, surely, they monitor what people look at on their computers in the police station and Dexter is contantly looking up these criminals who then disappear off the face of the planet.

I also thought that LaGuerta was chasing up Doakes' death at the end of season 2, because it seemed really clear that she didn't believe he was the Bay Harbour Butcher. But then they just kinda dropped the whole thing and had her accept it, I know LaGuerta was pretty useless at first but she should be getting better than that.
I'm joining XD dexter is the best!

does anyone read the books and watch the tv show? would like to know what people think of the books :smile: I personally prefer the tv show but I like them both.
Season 5 has been deeply disappointing, especially when the first 4 were so good.
Reply 18
I don't think season5 is that bad, Lumen is annoying though
The first few episodes of season 5 were rather slow, but the last one just finally upped the ante a bit.

I really do hope they end this season with Dexter being caught though.

Quick Reply

Latest