The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well if you accept those things about you that are not 'normal' then it makes conversation
Reply 2
Krazney doesn't really get it either. Most people are normal whether or not they like or realize it, but Krazney thinks that double checking every so often is very socially paranoid
Reply 3
Who's to say what's normal?
Original post by Krazney
Krazney doesn't really get it either. Most people are normal whether or not they like or realize it, but Krazney thinks that double checking every so often is very socially paranoid

what the hell, how did you get 1000 warning points and a ban in 6 posts?
Reply 5
Original post by Yawn11
Who's to say what's normal?

Presumably the majority. For example if someone partakes in a certain activity but by doing so is in the extreme minority, it is justifiable for them to be dubbed abnormal, however, that is not the point; although the word 'abnormal' has some minor negative connotations, presumably stemming from the whole 'going against the flow and fighting against society is bad' mindset, it still does not give sufficient reasoning for so many people to be so desperate to please others and shape themselves, not even by how others perceive them (which is still somewhat shallow and superficial), but by how others are. That is what I truly don't understand. Naturally, there are certain situations and extents where being 'normal' and indeed following the crowd - baaaaa - is good, if not necessary, a bizarre example being in a medieval battlefield if you're the only one running at the enemy shouting your warcry with all your might and wielding your sword, whilst everyone else just watches, you're going to get slaughtered. But the people I'm talking about are talking about such minor thing which have no impact on others around them and little to themselves, yet still they feel the need to validate themselves and their actions by finding out if its 'normal'; if others do it. Who cares what others do?!
Reply 6
Depends, doesn't it?
Some are obsessed with trying to appear as 'unique' as possible and others try their hardest to appear 'normal'.
Original post by ScrewNormality
... to be constantly questioning one's own normality?

People on this forum seem to be obsessed with being normal, and I don't understand it! Is being different or indeed individual wrong in this society or am I just missing something?!

There is no 'normal' IMO. Everyone is indicidual/unique in one way or more which implies "normality" is an illusion which implies to be questioning your normality is normal due to this illusion.

I confused myself writing that :biggrin: makes me sound very wise though :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending