The Student Room Group

Girls, would this £300 necklace make a good gift for my girlfriend? (pics)

Scroll to see replies

Don't get it, buying expensive things, fancy fancy etc does not impress a girl. If you really want to impress her, be creative.
Reply 161
You are paying for the brand because that necklace is actually quite disgusting, it looks like something you would buy for a 10 year old and in the pictures it looks badly made, I would have assumed it was a fake no offence.

I can understand you want to do something nice for your girlfriend but why spend so much on her? You're asking her to go on holiday and this seems like you're bribing her into accepting this offer.
Reply 162
One of the ugliest necklaces i've seen, and that flower. :/
Get something from Tiffany instead, much nicer!
Reply 164
Tbh, I wouldn't pay £25 for it.
Don't buy it, it's a fake!
Reply 166
Original post by Beska
That necklace is god awful.

This. It looks nasty and cheap in the pictures, I can only imagine how tacky it looks in person.

If she likes black diamonds, judging by your second suggestion, why not go for something like this:

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/6842356/9ct+white+gold+black+and+white+diamond+pendant/

Or:

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/6842259/9ct+white+gold+black+and+white+diamond+pendant/

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/6864457/9ct+white+gold+black+and+white+diamond+trilogy+necklace/
Reply 167
Where did you find the image - is that the actual one you intend to buy? Like off ebay or something..

It looks ridiculously fake tbh, the packaging looks plastic and what the hell is going on with the 'Chanel' tag?!

Its a lovely idea OP, what a keeper! :smile: Just please don't get ripped off! A friend of mine has a beautiful Tiffany and Co bracelet which is quite understated, but very very beautiful all the same and I believe that was £100-120. Maybe something more 'classic'??
A lot of people have agreed that it is a nice idea, but being creative may be even better.

I know at Hobbycraft they have some bracelet/necklace beads where you can make them yourself? Just an idea :smile:
Reply 169
Original post by parmdeep18375
OK, I want to buy my girlfriend something really nice because I am about to ask her if she will go away on holiday with me. I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and would like to spend about £300 to do something really nice for my girlfriend.

Girls, do you think this necklace would make a good gift?
Do you think it looks nice?
It is Chanel, so am I just paying for the brand name or is it actually a nice piece of jewelry?
Would you be happy if your bf bought it for you?

Many thanks in advance and rep will be given for helpful replies :smile:

Trust me with this one: Don't spend on her what she wouldn't spend on you.
Reply 170
I don't see any problem if the op is willing and able to spend £300 on a necklace, he can give it to whoever he likes.

Anyway for this price the necklace is not made by all gold (it would be £500+ if made by a higher proportion of gold), in my opinion the silver chains actually look nicer than this rose gold in real life, and it is also slightly cheaper :smile:
paying for the brand, it looks tacky.
Original post by .Ali.
It's beautiful. :smile:

I think it would make a brilliant gift, your girlfriend is lucky to have such a caring boyfriend lol. :biggrin:

You're such a chav-in-denial.
Reply 173
erm...300 pounds spent on a girl? does she spend this much on you? If you ever break up (lool) would you be happy with this investment. Of course the girls are going to love this thread. But I dont know kind of sounds silly to me.
Reply 174
Original post by domino0806
You're such a chav-in-denial.

Erm, no, I'm not. I hate that sub species of human, and I do my all to distance myself from them. If you have an issue with something I have said, fine, let's dicuss it, but I don't see why you feel the need to attempt to insult me? I said the necklace was pretty, as it isn't a fake and would be nice if worn with some simple, classic clothing. Obviously, things look chavvy if you pile on the fake poundland 'gold' or whatever.

Quick Reply

Latest