The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Hockey/lacrosse for freshers at Warwick

Hi guys

I'm applying to Warwick for 2011 & am interested in joining the ladies' hockey/lacrosse club... firstly what sort of standard do you have to be to join? I've been playing lacrosse for a while & used to play hockey a lot but haven't for a couple of years... the other thing I'm worried about (may sound stupid but meh I'll say it anyway) is the initiation thing, I love a load of drinking & dressing up & messing around so that suits me down to the ground, but please tell me there's nothing disgusting involved...? Lol thanks
Original post by LittleChloPeep
Hi guys

I'm applying to Warwick for 2011 & am interested in joining the ladies' hockey/lacrosse club... firstly what sort of standard do you have to be to join? I've been playing lacrosse for a while & used to play hockey a lot but haven't for a couple of years... the other thing I'm worried about (may sound stupid but meh I'll say it anyway) is the initiation thing, I love a load of drinking & dressing up & messing around so that suits me down to the ground, but please tell me there's nothing disgusting involved...? Lol thanks

If you love drinking, dressing up, or messing around then initiations/adoptions are nothing to worry about, they're not at all intimidating and are about having a good night.

Can't really comment on ladies hockey but ladies lax have 2 teams, one which is in the BUCS prem (top uni league) and another which isn't, so whatever your level there'll be a spot for you in the teams.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by GarethBrown
If you love drinking, dressing up, or messing around then initiations/adoptions are nothing to worry about, they're not at all intimidating and are about having a good night.

Can't really comment on ladies hockey but ladies lax have 2 teams, one which is in the BUCS prem (top uni league) and another which isn't, so whatever your level there'll be a spot for you in the teams.

Ah thanks, just needed some reassurance, people have told me some horror stories lately & don't want to be put off! Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest