The Student Room Group

What is Bournemouth like?

I'm considering applying to Bournemouth next year but have never been to the city and is wondering what it's like. I've researched some parts of it and found that if I study Psychology I'll be on the Talbot Campus which apparently is in Poole not Bournemouth? I'm from Plymouth and wanted to go somewhere a bit bigger with more going on, is this the place for me?
I would really appreciate people's opinions, if they've ever been to Bournemouth or actually study there at the University. What's it like for students?
Original post by sarahbrooks
I'm considering applying to Bournemouth next year but have never been to the city and is wondering what it's like. I've researched some parts of it and found that if I study Psychology I'll be on the Talbot Campus which apparently is in Poole not Bournemouth? I'm from Plymouth and wanted to go somewhere a bit bigger with more going on, is this the place for me?
I would really appreciate people's opinions, if they've ever been to Bournemouth or actually study there at the University. What's it like for students?

Hi, I'm from Bournemouth so hopefully this will help. Bournemouth is actually a town, but is largish for a town. Talbot Campus is technically in Poole, but is literally about 100m past the sign saying 'Poole Borough' so barely. The most studenty areas (Lansdowne, Winton, Charminster) have good links to the centre and good links to the Talbot Campus itself, most people in Winton would walk easily. I don't think I've been to Plymouth so can't really comment on size. Over the past decade Bournemouth has had a large influx of students so is now a lot more of a student town than it was, with lots of deals on nights out and student nights etc. Other things: the shops are pretty average, there's a lot of old people, if you have a car or other means of transport there is a lot to see from a natural beauty point of view in the area. Hope that helps!
Reply 2
Don't know about the Uni, but Bournemouth is one of my fav places in the country. <3

Quick Reply

Latest