The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
It depends where you end up. I'm on the Brunel Runnymede campus (I hear RHUL is buying this off Brunel soon, since no Brunel students are here anymore?! Anyway...) and I'm allowed to park my car on this campus. However, I'm not allowed to take it down to the RHUL campus and park there between 9-6 in the week. They provide a bus service for that. I assume the same applies to Kingswood- ie. they provide a bus service, but you can park at KW. On campus, however, I'm pretty sure you're *not* allowed to bring a car, as to get a permit you need to travel over 3 miles.

Ah, here we go, taken from the RHUL website:

"Parking facilities at the College are very restricted and in most cases, students who are living in Residence Halls or within one mile of the College are not permitted to have cars at the College. None of the Halls on the main campus (Athlone, Cameron, Founder's, Reid, Runnymede and Williamson) allow resident students to have parking permits."
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
yeh the uni said it was something to do with the uni being in a greenbelt area or something like that..hmm i only half believe that excuse!

You deffo cant park on the uni campus...hmm
Reply 3
Rivey
They provide a bus service for that. I assume the same applies to Kingswood- ie. they provide a bus service, but you can park at KW.

I thought that you can get a parking permit to park at Founders, but you need to show all your insurance, ownership details etc. It seems a bit confusing, you hear one thing, then you read another somewhere else and they contradict each other.
Reply 4
Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, it stands to reason that I could, in theory, apply for a parking permit? Runnymede is over a mile away, and I don't live in a University-owned hall, so what's the problem?

"Get the bus".

Wonderful....
Reply 5
Argh.. If I end up at RHUL I'll need a car as I need to come to London at really awkward hours sometimes at very short notice.... sigh.
Reply 6
Rivey
Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, it stands to reason that I could, in theory, apply for a parking permit? Runnymede is over a mile away, and I don't live in a University-owned hall, so what's the problem?

"Get the bus".

Wonderful....

And the buses are awful. We pay for a service that's not often on time and is unreliable. I mean, the university doesn't want people to walk home in the dark but often there's no other option.

Latest

Trending

Trending