The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey guys. thanks for ur advice and comments.

as usual, i am in a forgiving mood at the moment (my nature) and now think that things arent that bad. but i guess there is no point pretending everything is ok when its not.

btw, its not like he beats us up everynight, but when things do get nasty - they really do.

right now my mum is away for a while so we'll see what happens.

i sometimes feel sorry. i duno. then again he is my dad and because of his logic, he has sacrificed everything for me.

i think its a difficult and delicate situation.
Reply 21
my dad can be a knob as well, he's the biggest hypocryte in the world, he'll slate someone for doing a really minor thing then just would just go and do it himself and when anyone would say anything he would just laugh and think its really funny, which really pisses me off! he lives life with the view that no one should ever step out of line yet, he's the acception. He's also an embarressment when my mates come round, starts asking what religeon they are and what books they read (which they dont) and how their not making the best of their lives regardless what their doing, yet he's 50 something pipe fitter and welder! He's not really violent, doesnt drink that much cuz he's too religeous but is hjust so intense about everything and everything seems to be a life or death issue e.g. how i dont have my index finger in the right position when i hold a knife and fork and how educated people will look down on that. he's just a joke he really is, i could go on all week about this but i'll stop now.
Reply 22
My dad gets on my nerves and i know exactly how u feel!!

Stay strong!
My Dad was a bully, whilst it probably is not sensible being open on a forum. In the end he turned on him self and killed him self.

Just don't let him ruin your life, or your sibblings. Stay happy as u can.
Don't worry I can't stand my mum, but it's got nothing to do with culture, it's just her freakn personality. Even her sister agrees :eek: (so there you go :wink: :cool: ).

She always complains about my dad I find it highly irritating as they have been divorced for a few years now. Also she's pessimistic and bitches all the time. Aaahh!

So I just try not to talk to her about anything personal :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending