The Student Room Group

Celtic warriors are anti-poppy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GEN.
Wait, wait...the British Empire fought for freedom??

Just as much as the Alexander II's army was...
Original post by GEN.
Freedom fighters aka terrorists just like the Iraqis.

The term 'freedom fighter' depends which side of the fight you're on.
Original post by iainthegreat
Anyone else find it a bit ironic than an anti-war protest group are called 'warriors'

Warrior, definition:

someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
a brave or experienced soldier or fighter

:facepalm:

They're not. They're the Green Brigade.

Which may be just as warfare-esque.

And as pointed out, they are anti-British Army, not necessarily pacifist.
Reply 43
Original post by GEN.
Wait, wait...the British Empire fought for freedom??

:facepalm: Go google World War one and two you may have heard of them? Although your such a cretin I would be quite surprised if you have
Reply 44
He's a good troll, this OP. I give him 8/10.
Reply 45

The real Irish army.

vs the British

There's an argument to be made; he's just not doing it very well.
Reply 47
Original post by GEN.
Freedom fighters aka terrorists just like the Iraqis.

The Iraq's blow each other up more than they attack the Americans. Care to say how a civil war is a fight for freedom?
Reply 48
Original post by Hylean
He's a good troll, this OP. I give him 8/10.

Don't be ashamed or get pressured by the Brits I'm Half and more nationalistic then you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOoPQ6JmbM
Original post by GEN.
warfare to save and protect yourselves vs fighting and killing to exploit other countries.

Your arguement is invalid for WWI and WWII

Exploiting other countries or ridding them of dictatorships for a brighter future, and ridding their land of drug smuggling terrorists?
Reply 50
Original post by Celtic_Anthony

Sign of a good troll, really.

There is a decent debate behind this, but he's just trolling now.
Reply 51
Original post by Aj12
The Iraq's blow each other up more than they attack the Americans. Care to say how a civil war is a fight for freedom?

That happened because the Americans caused a civil war, don't forget that they caught BRitish soldiers trying to plant explosives in a mosque in the south of Iraq.
Reply 52
Original post by GEN.
Don't be ashamed or get pressured by the Brits I'm Half and more nationalistic then you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOoPQ6JmbM

You can be whatever you want to be, mate.

Til you learn how to write a decent argument and discover what coherency is, I'm not that interested.

I don't need to be any more nationalistic than I already am. Northern Ireland doesn't need Republicans running their mouths off about the 'RA and the British Army, etc. Celtic doesn't need that ****. Celtic Anthony is right in that. Leave the bull**** at the door and sit down and watch the match without poppies, without the 'RA, without Paisley or any of the other symbols we all love/ hate so much.
Reply 53
Original post by GEN.
That happened because the Americans caused a civil war, don't forget that they caught BRitish soldiers trying to plant explosives in a mosque in the south of Iraq.

No the Americans invaded killed Saddam and went to their bases and then fought a war against an insurgency that then turned into a full blown civil war when the insurgents started killing other Muslims. A war that goes on across the middle East between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims
Reply 54
Original post by Aj12
No the Americans invaded killed Saddam and went to their bases and then fought a war against an insurgency that then turned into a full blown civil war when the insurgents started killing other Muslims. A war that goes on across the middle East between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims

By getting rid of Saddam they caused a civil war, instead of letting the bathists soldiers etc. stay they got rid of them. Thats just like them invading London getting rid of the police/army etc. and then withdrawing, can you imagine chavs/edl/islamists etc. with weapons ofcourse the same thing would happen here.
Reply 55
Original post by GEN.
By getting rid of Saddam they caused a civil war, instead of letting the bathists soldiers etc. stay they got rid of them. Thats just like them invading London getting rid of the police/army etc. and then withdrawing, can you imagine chavs/edl/islamists etc. with weapons ofcourse the same thing would happen here.

I'm guessing you don't want to talk about imperialistic Scotland then?
Original post by iainthegreat
Your arguement is invalid for WWI and WWII

Exploiting other countries or ridding them of dictatorships for a brighter future, and ridding their land of drug smuggling terrorists?

Oh come on, you cant be that naive. All military action and conquest by Britain has always been in self interest. Maybe on a rare occasion this would in the short term be an improvement for the indigenous population, but this does not mean they went around freeing countries.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Celtic_Anthony

Agreed.
Reply 58
Original post by GEN.

Yes but we are a free democratic society not a brutal dictatorship that likes to gas its own population
Reply 59
Just watch Avatar the movie is probably about you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending