The Student Room Group

WJEC English Language Paper 1 8th November

Did anyone find it hard? :/
I did.
Predicted A-A*'s D: but that exam was quite difficult...
I found Section A really hard and struggled quite abit.
If I get a B in my exam, but have 5 pieces of coursework A-A*, does anyone know what that will make my grade?
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

i struggled a bit on section A
but i had memorised a lot for section B
Reply 2
Original post by oo-
Did anyone find it hard? :/
I did.
Predicted A-A*'s D: but that exam was quite difficult...
I found Section A really hard and struggled quite abit.
If I get a B in my exam, but have 5 pieces of coursework A-A*, does anyone know what that will make my grade?
:frown:

Which title did you choose for section b? I chose the roller coaster one!
Reply 3
oo-
OP
Original post by E.001
Which title did you choose for section b? I chose the roller coaster one!

I chose the emotional roller coaster one aswell:smile:
In my story, this women thought her life was going to change because she had a winning lottery ticket and as she was making her way to collect the winnings she got mugged by her brother and ended up in hospital; she didn't know whether to forgive him or not...
It was abit random:redface:
Reply 4
Original post by oo-
In my story, this women thought her life was going to change because she had a winning lottery ticket and as she was making her way to collect the winnings she got mugged by her brother and ended up in hospital; she didn't know whether to forgive him or not...

Wasn't it suppose to be about the roller coaster ride?:s-smilie::smile:
Reply 5
oo-
OP
nope... i dont think so
it said '..and thats when i knew it was going to be an emotional roller coaster'
i think it was more about comparing an expierience to a roller coaster ride than the literal sense.
i think it would be fine both ways though, depending on how you interpret it
Reply 6
oo-
OP
Original post by E.001
Wasn't it suppose to be about the roller coaster ride?:s-smilie::smile:

Ermm..
i dont know
the question was "write a story which ends in 'and this is when i knew it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster'"
so i just interpreted it to be an expieriece which provokes emotion rather thanthe literal sense.
Reply 7
Original post by oo-
Ermm..
i dont know
the question was "write a story which ends in 'and this is when i knew it was going to be an emotional rollercoaster'"
so i just interpreted it to be an expieriece which provokes emotion rather thanthe literal sense.

Well
i did the roller coaster one :woo:
Original post by oo-

do you watch holby city or casualty?
Reply 10
oo-
OP
Original post by halii_94
do you watch holby city or casualty?

none actually lol :')
I was stuck for ideas though.. none of the stories i'd prepared fitted in with the headings we could choose from.

What was your story about and have you got Paper 2 tommorow? :smile:
Original post by oo-
none actually lol :')
I was stuck for ideas though.. none of the stories i'd prepared fitted in with the headings we could choose from.

What was your story about and have you got Paper 2 tommorow? :smile:

ohh i just thought so because there was a story in one of those similar last week lol :smile:

my story was about a shipwreck
and two people had survived it so it was from their perspective and stuff lol

ahhh yess..im finding it harder to revise for paper 2 :frown:
and did you know that the reading extract in paper 1 was A level material?!
Reply 12
oo-
OP
Ooh that's a good idea:smile:
WHAT:|
A-Level. :|
no wonder I struggled D: I wonder if the examiners will take that into account
the text was quite hard to understand and boring

Yeah, I'm probably better at Paper 2 than 1 but i've only revised for that in my English lessons, where as I revised for Paper 1 for about a week outside of school...

The only question I struggle with is the Comparing the two texts one on Paper 2, I always find it difficult to put it into words ):
Original post by oo-
Ooh that's a good idea:smile:
WHAT:|
A-Level. :|
no wonder I struggled D: I wonder if the examiners will take that into account
the text was quite hard to understand and boring

Yeah, I'm probably better at Paper 2 than 1 but i've only revised for that in my English lessons, where as I revised for Paper 1 for about a week outside of school...

The only question I struggle with is the Comparing the two texts one on Paper 2, I always find it difficult to put it into words ):

yes a teacher of mine said that she taught her class it in college and a question like A4 had never been done so theyre annoyed lol
it was..do you think the soldier was mad then or not?

yeah same here.. :frown:
Reply 14
oo-
OP
Nope I dont think the soilder was mad, i think he had become withdrawn, shy and tortured by the things he had seen but not mad in the typical way, like talking to himself.
People probably called him mad because he was so withdrawn and quiet, and it said in the text how old men sat in clubs talking about "men power wastage" so i think it was just their opinion of him, thinking he was mad.

I really really hope the paper 2 texts are abit more interesting xD it would be helpful

How many pages did you write?
I feel sorry for alot of people because they have missed out B1 and B2 because you had to turn over the page to check it :| id feel so terrible if that was me
yeah i thought it was some kind of torture too :smile:

yess..they usually are actually :biggrin: more factual..well obviously lol

ermm i think i wrote about 7-8 wbu?
omg people actually did that? they cant get higher than a C and thats with full marks :eek:
Original post by oo-
Nope I dont think the soilder was mad, i think he had become withdrawn, shy and tortured by the things he had seen but not mad in the typical way, like talking to himself.
People probably called him mad because he was so withdrawn and quiet, and it said in the text how old men sat in clubs talking about "men power wastage" so i think it was just their opinion of him, thinking he was mad.

I really really hope the paper 2 texts are abit more interesting xD it would be helpful

How many pages did you write?
I feel sorry for alot of people because they have missed out B1 and B2 because you had to turn over the page to check it :| id feel so terrible if that was me

oops i forgot to quote..i answered up there ^^ :smile:
Reply 17
oo-
OP
oops i forgot to quote..i answered up there ^^ :smile:

I know... I think alot of people weren't talking it seriousley because we're only in year 10, did all our coursework in year 9 and they know we have a definate chance to resit.

I did 7 pages, a lot of people from my class did around that and under but there were a few people from Year 11 that did 12 pages. I'm not sure whether there exagerating the truth though xD don't know how someone could write that in 2 hours
Original post by oo-
I know... I think alot of people weren't talking it seriousley because we're only in year 10, did all our coursework in year 9 and they know we have a definate chance to resit.

I did 7 pages, a lot of people from my class did around that and under but there were a few people from Year 11 that did 12 pages. I'm not sure whether there exagerating the truth though xD don't know how someone could write that in 2 hours

oh your in year 10? im in year 11 but we have a chance to resit too in the summer

12? :eek: im sure i was writing the fastest possible and couldnt do anymore than 7 lol
Reply 19
oo-
OP
oh your in year 10? im in year 11 but we have a chance to resit too in the summer

12? :eek: im sure i was writing the fastest possible and couldnt do anymore than 7 lol

same LOL! my hands were numb it was so cold -_-
I've gotten all As-A* in my coursework, and if i get a B in the exam what do you think that would make my overall grade?:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending