University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Zara Gibson
What happens if you can't go to the open day then? I just got asked today to go

I just got an invite too - is this a good sign or does everyone get an invite? And do you know if its like an 'informal interview' or something?!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by kat1912
I just got an invite too - is this a good sign or does everyone get an invite? And do you know if its like an 'informal interview' or something?!

It means if you attend you have got an offer :smile:
Reply 522
Original post by Noodlzzz
It means if you attend you have got an offer :smile:

Really? How do you know?
Original post by kat1912
Really? How do you know?

Because I'm a current student and promise you it means you have an offer!
Reply 524
Should I be worried that I haven't been sent a questionnaire yet?
I received this email on the 29th of November:
"Dear BSc Psychology applicant,

Thank you for UCAS application to read C800 in Psychology at the University College London.

In order to better meet our UCAS obligations, which require that we consider all candidates up to the January 15th 2012 deadline, we have for this year, introduced a small delay into our admissions procedures.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but will be in touch with you via UCAS as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,
Cristina Imbuzan"

Is this good or bad? Or just neutral? :frown:
Original post by Mmrawrr
Should I be worried that I haven't been sent a questionnaire yet?
I received this email on the 29th of November:
"Dear BSc Psychology applicant,

Thank you for UCAS application to read C800 in Psychology at the University College London.

In order to better meet our UCAS obligations, which require that we consider all candidates up to the January 15th 2012 deadline, we have for this year, introduced a small delay into our admissions procedures.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but will be in touch with you via UCAS as soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,
Cristina Imbuzan"

Is this good or bad? Or just neutral? :frown:

Neutral. I didn't hear until February and still got in :colone:
Reply 526
Original post by Noodlzzz
Neutral. I didn't hear until February and still got in :colone:

Hmm okay, thanks for the reply. :yep:
Reply 527
I got an offer for Psychology ages ago like november but that must have been before they decided to wait or something :smile: anyone else?
Reply 528
Original post by Luccy.
I got an offer for Psychology ages ago like november but that must have been before they decided to wait or something :smile: anyone else?

You're so lucky :colondollar:
Original post by Luccy.

Are you an international student? If so, that might be why :s-smilie:
Or it's possible that they've changed things from last year
Reply 530
Original post by Karailieva
Are you an international student? If so, that might be why :s-smilie:
Or it's possible that they've changed things from last year

Yeah i think they must have changed it because i'm overseas not international i live in the channel islands so we're a category of our own really :smile:!
Reply 531
I got neither a questionnaire nor a rejection...
Is it too late for receiving a questionnaire? I haven't heard form them form November and I am pretty scared :frown:
Original post by judy93
I got neither a questionnaire nor a rejection...
Is it too late for receiving a questionnaire? I haven't heard form them form November and I am pretty scared :frown:

I'm in the same situation, I wish they would make a decision...
Reply 533
Original post by panda1093
I'm in the same situation, I wish they would make a decision...

I'm joining your forces. No questionnaire, no rejection, no offer.. March is coming, hope they will finally let us know. As far as I remember somebody from the previous year application cycle said that after months of silence , they just gave him/her an offer. Hope it hasn't just happened in my mind D: seriously, this waiting is killing me ;c
Original post by micemice
I'm joining your forces. No questionnaire, no rejection, no offer.. March is coming, hope they will finally let us know. As far as I remember somebody from the previous year application cycle said that after months of silence , they just gave him/her an offer. Hope it hasn't just happened in my mind D: seriously, this waiting is killing me ;c

It's killing me too lol
Are you international/EU students or English students?
I'm an EU student
Reply 535
It's killing me too lol
Are you international/EU students or English students?
I'm an EU student

it's kind of reassuring that I'm not alone ;d but still so annoying.
I'm an EU student as well :smile: let's hope that UCL still needs some foreign students to maintain their international status ;d

Where else have you applied?:smile:
Original post by micemice
it's kind of reassuring that I'm not alone ;d but still so annoying.
I'm an EU student as well :smile: let's hope that UCL still needs some foreign students to maintain their international status ;d

Where else have you applied?:smile:

I have applied to Birmingham, QMUL, Aston and UEA (don't know why as I'd never go there LOL).
So I would firm UCL if I got an offer, if not...Birmingham!
what about you?
Reply 537
I have applied to Birmingham, QMUL, Aston and UEA (don't know why as I'd never go there LOL).
So I would firm UCL if I got an offer, if not...Birmingham!
what about you?

hmm ok, stupid question's coming. What's wrong with UEA?;o to be honest, I've never heard of it so I don't know anything about this uni ;d
I chose Bristol, Queen's Mary, Royal Holloway and Glasgow. And only UCL is lagging with the answer !;c I'll choose Glasgow, if UCL rejects me but oh, I so want to study in London! And when I visited UCL, I just fall in love with it. I'm sometimes honestly considering reapply nest year, if they reject me but after all I think I would prefer to not waste whole year ;d
Good luck to you and let's hope we will hear positive news soon (hmm... like now would be nice) !
Reply 538
Sorry, I know this question has been asked a million times before, but does an invitation to a UCL Department Open Day definitely mean you will get an offer if you attend?

Just checked my email and discovered I've been invited to (and will obviously be attending :biggrin:) the Psychology open day on the 21st March. I'm absolutely over the moon at the thought it could mean I have an offer, but I really don't want to get my hopes up! The general consensus seems to be it does, but I still can't help believing it's all a bit too good to be true! :colondollar:

For those who have been on one, is there any sort of interview involved at all? Or is it literally just a chance to visit the department and talk to the staff/students?

Thank you!
I think so - that's what I've heard, and fits with my experience (though I haven't had my offer yet).

I went to a modern languages one last week having been recommended for offers for both of my applications (I applied twice). There was a general talk from the admissions tutor about how great UCL is, then a couple of mini-lectures about language related things, then we each had an individual timetable. Most people had a chat for each language and a tour for one of them but I had 3 chats as I had 3 languages. We just sat around tables with a couple of other students, some teachers and sometimes some current students, and we talked about what we wanted to do and asked questions about the course. It definitely wasn't an interview, though - the only time I was asked anything remotely interview-ish was in my discussion for Scandinavian languages, where they asked what languages we'd chosen and why as they're not ones people study at A-level.

We were explicitly told that we would be receiving offers, and to expect them within about 10 days. I haven't heard yet but it's only a week today so that's hardly surprising.

I think it mostly seems to be a test of commitment - for example, I know some people who have already had offers from their favourite and somewhere they'd rather go than UCL, so they just didn't bother with the open day as they knew they weren't going to take the offer anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending