The Student Room Group

Problems with my college

Hi I am new to the forum I am 27 currently studying at Eastleigh College Hampshire this is my 2nd year at that college I am studying ICT. last year I found some of the staff there to be quite lazy and cant be bothered in there work. This year it seems to have become much worse. for example I have learning difficulties so I sometimes have problems with the written work and understanding the assignments. So I will ask the tutor for advice. He says you will need to speak to learning support. I go to learning support who say they dont now much about computing you need to go back to your class tutors. I do that. Then the tutors will say all assignments are on the VLE virtual learning enviroment. thats very well and good but if I dont understand it I cant do it. They will then say I am falling behind which is my fault. They are aware of my problem and they say I cant cope which my well be true because of my learning difficulty. I just that there is no communication at that college between other staff members and students.

I think I may as well leave college has I feel I aint going anywhere.
Original post by kevmufc83
Hi I am new to the forum I am 27 currently studying at Eastleigh College Hampshire this is my 2nd year at that college I am studying ICT. last year I found some of the staff there to be quite lazy and cant be bothered in there work. This year it seems to have become much worse. for example I have learning difficulties so I sometimes have problems with the written work and understanding the assignments. So I will ask the tutor for advice. He says you will need to speak to learning support. I go to learning support who say they dont now much about computing you need to go back to your class tutors. I do that. Then the tutors will say all assignments are on the VLE virtual learning enviroment. thats very well and good but if I dont understand it I cant do it. They will then say I am falling behind which is my fault. They are aware of my problem and they say I cant cope which my well be true because of my learning difficulty. I just that there is no communication at that college between other staff members and students.

Next time it happens, write everything down as you go along. The name of the person you spoke to, when you spoke, where you spoke, and what they told you. As soon as you have a round robin of people passing the buck, take it to your head of department and see what solution they can offer.
Reply 2
Original post by kevmufc83

hi Kevmufc it sounds to me anyways that everyone at each stage in your college organisation is passing the buck,i would advise you to also write down who these people are and what they do ie their job discription and take it further like the head of the department as threeportdrift has rightly pointed out to you take the approximate steps and see what happens,you want to learn its just that you not receiving the support you should be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending