The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Interview - University of Gloucestershire!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Becky_louise
hey
i have an interview at Gloucestershire in two weeks, could you tell me what it was like please :smile:

Heeyy,
have you heard anything back from Gloucestershire yet?
xx
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by lissshannon
Yes! I've been worrying about the presentation for like two weeks now, that and the maths tests D:

Heeyy,
just wondering if you've heard anything back from Gloucestershire?
xx
Reply 22
Original post by Becksiee26
GAH!
Sorry I didnt read this sooner.
Only just read it now -.-
How did you think it went?
Did they say when you'd hear back?
x

It went ok I think, quite relaxed atmosphere. Spelling test, English and Maths tests all went ok but my presentation was a disaster! But the actual interview went ok. However, the actual uni was blooming freezing!

We were told that none of the unis have heard from the Government about numbers of applicants they can take, and they have no idea when they will find out. So who knows.
Heeyy,
have you heard anything back from Gloucestershire yet?
xx

yeah just heard back today and was unsucessful :/
i kinda expected it tbh, i wasnt happy with my interview
Reply 24
yeah just heard back today and was unsucessful :/
i kinda expected it tbh, i wasnt happy with my interview

yeahh me too "/
was starting to believe the phrase, 'no news is good news' but clearly not "/
butt yeah thinking back tbh i messed up in the maths test and my nerves got the better of me at the presentation... its just so degrading gettine a rejection "/

anyways best of luck for the rest of your uni process xx
Reply 25
Original post by sofiejo
It went ok I think, quite relaxed atmosphere. Spelling test, English and Maths tests all went ok but my presentation was a disaster! But the actual interview went ok. However, the actual uni was blooming freezing!

We were told that none of the unis have heard from the Government about numbers of applicants they can take, and they have no idea when they will find out. So who knows.

awwww well im glad you think it went well, just a matter of waiting round now. and since i waited 4 months.. and then got rejected on friday.. "/
the whole Government thing is a rightttt pain tbh!

What did you use as yours item in the presentation? xx
Reply 26
awwww well im glad you think it went well, just a matter of waiting round now. and since i waited 4 months.. and then got rejected on friday.. "/
the whole Government thing is a rightttt pain tbh!

What did you use as yours item in the presentation? xx

I got rejected yesterday :frown: for not talking about current affairs enough, though there was no where in the whole interview or group discussion to put anything about current affairs in so bit confused. They said my presentation was good and used a good item, which was dominoes and my tests were good just that.
Original post by sofiejo
I got rejected yesterday :frown: for not talking about current affairs enough, though there was no where in the whole interview or group discussion to put anything about current affairs in so bit confused. They said my presentation was good and used a good item, which was dominoes and my tests were good just that.

same, the reasons they gave me where kind of vague as well. i know they dont have many places anyway though, so probably just looking for excuses
Anyone joining Gloucestershire University September 2011 check out the facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_163955256988741

I had an interview a while ago and was successful! Good luck to anyone else!
Reply 29
Woo hoo I just had my interview with Gloucestershire and she told me on the spot that I got it! And just 1 minute after that I got this email from her!!!

Dear All,

Luna and I had a telephone conversation this morning and I am happy to confirm that I would like to offer her a place on the TVP course for September 2011.

Gloucestershire is my first choice and I am very happy. Now I just have to cross my fingers for my Alevel results!
Reply 30
Hi

I've got an interview for Gloucestershire this Saturday, I was wondering if many people used teddies or puppets for their item???

Original post by lunapham

Original post by lunapham
Woo hoo I just had my interview with Gloucestershire and she told me on the spot that I got it! And just 1 minute after that I got this email from her!!!

Dear All,

Luna and I had a telephone conversation this morning and I am happy to confirm that I would like to offer her a place on the TVP course for September 2011.

Gloucestershire is my first choice and I am very happy. Now I just have to cross my fingers for my Alevel results!

congrats :smile: sounds like you were a shoe in :biggrin: what are you studying?
Reply 32
it wasn't too bad, it was quite relaxed and everyone was really friendly, my only advice would be to get creative with the object you use for your presentation.

Is there anything you could recommend? Could you perhaps tell me the sort of thing that alot of candidates used so I can gain and idea of what is done? I'm stumped for ideas at the minute lol
Reply 33
I have an interview at gloucestershire this saturday, so nervous it's unreal! Any advice for the 5 minute presentation? so scared hahaha! X
Reply 34
Original post by avw
I have an interview at gloucestershire this saturday, so nervous it's unreal! Any advice for the 5 minute presentation? so scared hahaha! X

i really feel like i'm missing something here.. i've scrutinised every attachment gloucestershire sent me in mi email and yet i still can't find anything that explains anything about the presentation, other than we have to give one, yet everyone on here seems to know what to do.. i have mi interview on saturday too and, while gloucestershire isn't mi first choice, i would still like to know what i'm supposed to DO in this presentation instead of turning up empty handed and clueless |:
somebody, please help?! :eek:
Reply 35
Original post by kxlshann21
i really feel like i'm missing something here.. i've scrutinised every attachment gloucestershire sent me in mi email and yet i still can't find anything that explains anything about the presentation, other than we have to give one, yet everyone on here seems to know what to do.. i have mi interview on saturday too and, while gloucestershire isn't mi first choice, i would still like to know what i'm supposed to DO in this presentation instead of turning up empty handed and clueless |:
somebody, please help?! :eek:

Aaarrrghhh me too :frown: I've been reading over every attachment so much because I'm so scared! They give us no help or guidelines for our presentation at all so I'm scared I'll do something wrong and look silly. Nervoussssss
Original post by avw
Aaarrrghhh me too :frown: I've been reading over every attachment so much because I'm so scared! They give us no help or guidelines for our presentation at all so I'm scared I'll do something wrong and look silly. Nervoussssss

I have an interview on Saturday as well, for the presentation I'm just going to bring in an object and describe how I would use it in a lesson. They haven't really told us anything more so that's all we've got to go on. I've never done this kind of thing before though; I'm just hoping I don't go blank and embarrass myself :K:
Yes! I've been worrying about the presentation for like two weeks now, that and the maths tests D:

Can I ask what you did for your presentation? My interview is on the 17th and I'm panicking a bit!
Thank you and we'll done!
Original post by Kathryntea
Can I ask what you did for your presentation? My interview is on the 17th and I'm panicking a bit!
Thank you and we'll done!

Hi! My interview is on the 15th and I am using a plastic water bottle for my idea, I am hoping, I can explain how I can motivate children through recycling and the benefits of water :s-smilie: I too am stumped at exactly at what I should say! Good luck! :smile:
:smile: Just wondering if anyone has recieved an interview for the University of Gloucestershire?

Yah I have got mine next month 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending