The Student Room Group

Do you must go to the open day to get into the uni?

a friend of mine says you must attend the open day if you want a placement in the uni, otherwise they won't give you a offer. is that true?
because i didn't go to any and i'm worried now.
thanks
Nope, he is wrong! but it's a good idea to go see where you gonna be "possibly" staying for the next 3/4 years of your Student life!
Nope, this is not true whatsoever. Although it is recommended you at least visit the universities you intend to put down.
Reply 3
No it's not true, but you do must need to be able to construct actual sentences.
Original post by VeeBelle
No it's not true, but you do must need to be able to construct actual sentences.

I enjoyed that. :awesome:
Reply 5
No its not true as others have said above, but my tutor told me last week, when I was asking the very same question - That when you go to your Uni interviews they will ask if you attended their open day, and any others, and if you say you didnt they would ask why...

So... Its still a good idea to go to a few if possible, but have a decent answer ready for your interview if you couldn't make it to any.
I say wouldn't do you must go open day.
Reply 7
Original post by LiamTheKook
Nope, this is not true whatsoever. Although it is recommended you at least visit the universities you intend to put down.

=D HULL FTW.

if you have any questions am happy to help =D
Original post by The_Goose
=D HULL FTW.

I can only agree with this statement (although I'm partial to a bit of Sheffield).
Reply 9
No. :smile:
Original post by LiamTheKook
I can only agree with this statement (although I'm partial to a bit of Sheffield).

I <3 Hull =)

so much i went the three open days, applied twice and put it as both my firm and insurance.

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending