The Student Room Group

MAC to Protest Rememberance Day

So, the group Muslims Against Crusades plans to protest on the 11th of November. Tomorrow.

A direct quote from their website.

MAC
Unfortunately, the bitter reality of Remembrance Day is that the majority of people (who participate in it) are blissfully unaware of the hidden truths behind this very distasteful event. Put simply, Remembrance Day is a symbol of imperialism and everything that is wrong with democracy and man-made law.

From what I've heard of their plans, they are going to disrupt ceremonies that are going on. Other than that, I don't know. Either way, I find it lacking any respect.

My opinion is rather strong on this matter.

Remembrance Day is for just that, remembrance. Although they have the right to free speech, and to freedom of expression, this seems to me to be an insult to the British public. To my mind, easily as bad as the burning of the Qu'ran.

I understand these people are extreme, perhaps some of the more moderate Muslims could talk some sense into them? Their contact info is posted on heir website. I'll post the link at the bottom of my post.

So, you're thoughts on this? In my opinion, this sort of behaviour is exactly the thing that gives justification to groups like the EDL.

However, if they still ish to go ahead with this 'demonstartion' they should be kept seperate from any ceremonies that are already happening.

Link to their website : http://muslimsagainstcrusades.com/

Edit : Neg? Really? :rolleyes: At least have the decency to tell me why you've negged the post.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:rofl: "muslims against crusades"

hopefully them and edl meet in some car park and cancel eachother out
I was imagining MAC the make-up company... :lolwut:
Reply 3
Ok, a quick update.
Due to immense pressure on the MET, the main MAC demonstration has been disallowed.

Most of the work on this as done by the EDL. They can do good aswell :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Steevee
So, the group Muslims Against Crusades plans to protest on the 11th of November. Tomorrow.

From what I've heard of their plans, they are going to disrupt ceremonies that are going on. Other than that, I don't know. Either way, I find it lacking any respect.

Remembrance Day is for just that, remembrance. Although they have the right to free speech, and to freedom of expression, this seems to me to be an insult to the British public. To my mind, easily as bad as the burning of the Qu'ran.

I understand these people are extreme, perhaps some of the more moderate Muslims could talk some sense into them? Their contact info is posted on heir website. I'll post the link at the bottom of my post.

So, you're thoughts on this? In my opinion, this sort of behaviour is exactly the thing that gives justification to groups like the EDL.

However, if they still ish to go ahead with this 'demonstartion' they should be kept seperate from any ceremonies that are already happening.

Edit : Neg? Really? :rolleyes: At least have the decency to tell me why you've negged the post.

It's quite ridiculous, isn't it? If you've got beef with the war, then protest on any day but remembrance day or worse yet, when coffins are brought home, take it to the top, do whatever, but don't do this! The poppies are for the soldiers who have no choice about which wars they enter and what cause they're fighting for. I feel the same about white poppies - you might not agree with war, but you can still remember those who have passed.
Reply 5
Some pathetic little fringe minority protest group, why are such people even given media attention? Laugh at them by all means, but give them the attention they desire? There's no point.
lol @ MAC
(edited 13 years ago)
They are a horrible disgusting group who do not represent the view of most muslims in the UK
Reply 8
I thought this was going to be either the make up store or Mac as in Apple computers.
I thought it was going to be the cosmetics company too, I opened this thread like :lolwut:
Reply 10
this is a sure fire way for guarantee a load of EDL go paki bashing.
(edited 13 years ago)
this will just cause more people to join groups like the EDL, people are really getting pissed off with the "special ones" now and big riots are going to happen, people aren't going to take crap like this for much longer, **** is going to get real and some muslims will go flying
Reply 12
lol, muslims
Reply 13
Original post by Square
this is a sure fire way for guarantee a load of EDL go paki bashing.

Bringing it on themselves too be honest, its like going up to the doorman and calling him a fat prick.. you are in for a beat down.
Reply 14
Re-update.

The Muslims Against Crusades demo will be going ahead tomorrow and they plan to chant through the 2 minutes silence.
****ing disgraceful.
Original post by Steevee
Re-update.

The Muslims Against Crusades demo will be going ahead tomorrow and they plan to chant through the 2 minutes silence.

pathetic
I was initially incredibly confused by why MAC would be protesting - where on earth did cosmetics come into this?

Original post by Steevee
Re-update.

Downright disrespectful.
Original post by Steevee
Re-update.

Urgh they are utterly abhorrent.
Original post by Steevee

Muslims against crusades?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is so pathetic thay they wish to do that. If they have not a single reasons to do such a thing, pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending