The Student Room Group

Does UCL accept OCR Nationals level 3?

has anyone got in with doing this qualification?
Reply 1
You will definitely need DDD.

It isn't usually favoured, but aside from contacting the university directly, looking here is your best bet:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-study/application-and-entry/other-qualifications/b-tec/

The OCR diploma is thought by a lot of people to be harder than the BTEC (just saying what I've heard), and so that table should be of some help. However, if you're intending to do a scientific subject - i.e Maths/Computing/etc, I wouldn't bother applying with it.

Out of curiosity, what subject are you taking? I'm in my second year of doing the OCR IT extended diploma :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Wookie42
You will definitely need DDD.

It isn't usually favoured, but aside from contacting the university directly, looking here is your best bet:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-study/application-and-entry/other-qualifications/b-tec/

The OCR diploma is thought by a lot of people to be harder than the BTEC (just saying what I've heard), and so that table should be of some help. However, if you're intending to do a scientific subject - i.e Maths/Computing/etc, I wouldn't bother applying with it.

Out of curiosity, what subject are you taking? I'm in my second year of doing the OCR IT extended diploma :smile:

well im doing 3 A levels, two of which are OCR Nationals Business and ICT and my third is Psychology which is a proper A level...so i don't know how this can work out. I was thinking of applying of Information Management for Business at UCL but i don't know as I am still looking at my options and looking for further information.
BTW i am not doing the diploma i am doing the level 3 certificate, if you understand. :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by maazzy
well im doing 3 A levels, two of which are OCR Nationals Business and ICT and my third is Psychology which is a proper A level...so i don't know how this can work out. I was thinking of applying of Information Management for Business at UCL but i don't know as I am still looking at my options and looking for further information.
BTW i am not doing the diploma i am doing the level 3 certificate, if you understand. :confused:

Oooh sorry, I assumed you were doing the whole 3 A level equivalent thing :smile: Well in that case, its probably best to ring them up or email them - they'll be quite happy to talk to you about it. Its quite hard to work out really, Liverpool told me that I was a stronger applicant for my course - I applied for an IT degree with the equivalent of 3 A levels in that subject - whereas I was told by Kent that I might find it more difficult to get a place... Sorry I can't be of much help :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Wookie42
Oooh sorry, I assumed you were doing the whole 3 A level equivalent thing :smile: Well in that case, its probably best to ring them up or email them - they'll be quite happy to talk to you about it. Its quite hard to work out really, Liverpool told me that I was a stronger applicant for my course - I applied for an IT degree with the equivalent of 3 A levels in that subject - whereas I was told by Kent that I might find it more difficult to get a place... Sorry I can't be of much help :frown:

well i was still thinking and not completely serious, i have heard its about 50-50 as some won't accept it. Thanks, at least you tried. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending