The Student Room Group

Declining AS levels/ UCAS PLEASE HELP!

ok this is not the usual declining AS thread before anyone has a go at me. Basically i'm repeating a year in sixth form and doing biology, chemistry and psychology so on my ucas form i've put down the grades i've got for them (C in bio, b in chem and a in psy) but in my first year of sixth form i also did a maths as level which i declined last year because when i applied to UCAS last year i didn't want uni's to know my grade although i did not want to retake any modules to get my maths grade up, i was just going to cash the maths as in when i had got my place in uni in august. unfortunately i didn't get into uni and i'm repeating my alevels this year but i still haven't got my maths as certficate, i talked to the exam officer in my school and she said that she would cash it in june for me but i'm really worried cos i've sent my ucas form and put my maths as grade on it this time is this ok since i have declined the result?
--------------
also i've heard that you can decline and As/a2 for up to 4 years and keep improving ur result any one know if this is true (NOT that i want to do A2s for 4 years just very worried that i've lost my maths AS level)
my maths exam board is AQA BTW
Reply 1
It shouldn’t matter as you theoretically have the grade anyway, you just won’t get the certificate until you complete your A2's which is all uni's are bothered about anyway. oh and that second thing no its not true...... as far as I know there is no limit, all declining means if you wont get an AS certificate, your points are still valid and will count towards your full A-Level as soon as you complete your A2 whenever that may be.

Latest

Trending

Trending