The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Living in the country, there aren't a great amount of clubs :rolleyes: the ones that ARE around 'tend to be cheesefests, such as Chicago Rock and other smaller, cheesier venues.

I don't have a choice, if I don't go to them, I don't go out. Simple. Now, remove yourself from your hideously narrow mind and think outside the box. If there are classier bars/clubs - I go to them. Being as there aren't, I can't.

I am not sleazy, nor a slut, slapper or any other derogatory term aimed at those that are more promiscuous than others. Opinions like that should be kept to yourself, quite the same as mine in the belief that people who don't go out are boring, miserable tits.
yes i have been wondering about this. firstly i dont understand the nerve or sheer audacity of some men who think that they have the right to pinch your ass or grind you....it could almost be termed molestation in some instances. secondly i dont see how this is meant to endear you to their charms either.
it's the same for "beepers" and "winkers" or "hey sexyers"....do you really think looking me up and down and licking your lips at me while i'm out shopping is going to make me drop to the floor with my legs apart...NO! it's just sleazy and gross!!!
there are far more classy ways of picking up women, guys...
mademoiselle84
yes i have been wondering about this. firstly i dont understand the nerve or sheer audacity of some men who think that they have the right to pinch your ass or grind you....it could almost be termed molestation in some instances. secondly i dont see how this is meant to endear you to their charms either.
it's the same for "beepers" and "winkers" or "hey sexyers"....do you really think looking me up and down and licking your lips at me while i'm out shopping is going to make me drop to the floor with my legs apart...NO! it's just sleazy and gross!!!
there are far more classy ways of picking up women, guys...

Such as?
talking to them, offering to buy them a drink...
Having intelligent conversation!

The most interesting guy I met on Saturday night, was the one I spoke to for half an hour whilst sat on a bench, waiting for some friends. He was a bit old for me really (26!) but attractive. We'd both had a drink but we really did have such an interesting conversation and were sat there having this reasoned debate about Foxhunting at 2 in the morning. Was absolutely crazy!

But the difference was; He hadn't groped my arse in the middle of a club, nor made suggestive advances that were blatently unwanted by a guy who was so obviously not my type, then when I tell him to piss off, gets v arsey and says I'm a miserable bitch! Er nice, not!

Manners Maketh Man.
Lady_Muck

The most interesting guy I met on Saturday night, was the one I spoke to for half an hour whilst sat on a bench, waiting for some friends. He was a bit old for me really (26!) but attractive. We'd both had a drink but we really did have such an interesting conversation and were sat there having this reasoned debate about Foxhunting at 2 in the morning. Was absolutely crazy!

But the difference was; He hadn't groped my arse in the middle of a club, nor made suggestive advances that were blatently unwanted by a guy who was so obviously not my type, then when I tell him to piss off, gets v arsey and says I'm a miserable bitch! Er nice, not!

Manners Maketh Man.

Yeah he still didn't get laid though?
god yeh that's the other thing- half the time they get p-ed off you haven't wanted to grind back/reciprocate the sleaze... i've had guys tell me i'm frigid or 'chuch you aren't that great, don't be so up yourself, what right do you have to tell me to piss off' type comment- FFS!!!!!

but then, i have to admit, i have been guilty of playing the system to get free drinks...mwahaha
tsforesth05
Yeah he still didn't get laid though?

Who's the sleazy one now...

So your sole prerogative when you go out is 'to get laid'. Nice. Bet you pick up some right classy ones there!

If you're attractive, in which case worth my time, then you won't resort to sleazy methods. You'll approach the girl beforehand and supply her with alcohol before progressing.
Reply 28
Lady_Muck

Manners Maketh Man.
So this guy was really cool and friendly towards you and you up and tell him to piss off??
Can girls tell when they are dancing close to a guy if he has an erection or not?
Lady_Muck
Who's the sleazy one now...

So your sole prerogative when you go out is 'to get laid'. Nice. Bet you pick up some right classy ones there!

If you're attractive, in which case worth my time, then you won't resort to sleazy methods. You'll approach the girl beforehand and supply her with alcohol before progressing.

Its not sleazy me saying that. Presumably the intention of a lot of these guys is to get laid. Whether this is in the toilets, at the back of the club or even back at home.

Isn't it a bit shallow saying he has to be attractive to justify you talking to him?
--------------
killerbee
has that happened to you :rofl:

bump and grind baby!!

It happened once when I was slow dancing with a girl. It wasn't intentional.
Reply 31
tsforesth05
Can girls tell when they are dancing close to a guy if he has an erection or not?

Hey, you're the 'has dirty dreams about Davina Macall and members of own family' boy aren't you?
You're a bit screwed up mate....get your damn hormones under control!

As far as clubs go...I personally don't like them, you can't really talk there as the music's too loud and I'm fairly introverted so I don't like to dance. But I can imagine how disgusting it is to have sleazy guys dancing with you...ew!
Also, the beeping at girls from cars...I don't get that. They do it to me and I'm not even that attractive... Maybe it's just a strange primitive male desire to attract attention to themselves...
Imagine how much worse when you're a bloke and the sleazy guys punch you so you stay away from their targets.
Kondar
So this guy was really cool and friendly towards you and you up and tell him to piss off??

No, I didn't tell him to piss off. I said, 'Oh look, there's my friend getting into a taxi - I better go! Bye!' He didn't warrant being told to piss off, he was a decent guy.

And yes, if they want me to be attracted to them, they have to be attractive. What's the point if he's not? I'm wasting his time and he's wasting mine. Sad fact, but a true fact! And quite the same with guys who go out purely to get laid, it's rather sad. Each to their own.
nikk
Clubs aren't called meat factories for nothing you know. If you go to a club and this happens then it is your own fault IMO. Moral of the story, don't go to clubs - they suck, and so do most of the people in them.

agreed
yes, yes you can- and it makes the experience even more revolting!!
Reply 36
Yes, they quite often can, but let's not discuss that too much shall we?
Reply 37
(Just before i start, shall confirm i aint a chav and am totally not into the whole clubbing scene, everythink i have seen has been from a staff point of view).

While working in busy club atmosphere it seems that 80% of the girls there are totally tarted up. Not being offensive if you wanna look good with your mates but if your going to a club and spend 2 hours trying to look as sleezy as possible you cant complain when a few guys get the wrong idea. The whole clubbing scene is so unbelieveable orientated around pulling someone. If your having this happen on a regular occurance either your going to the wrong place or maybe your just going out looking like a .. slut?

I 100% agree with you that it is unacceptable and disguesting (especially when i have to see it happen over and over) but its just something which happens in that situation... the alcohol dosent help much either :wink:
Reply 38
@ the threadstarter

I ALWAYS do that. And the success rate is incredibly good!

I'm never TOO sleazy when i do it. If the girl really shows she doesnt like it, i back off.

I'll grab an ass occasionaly also. I cant understand why girls with get uptight about this. They should take it as a compliment. I always do when i get mine grabbed.
Reply 39
Lady_Muck

That sounds like such a digustingly shallow thing to say " if you're attractive, in which case worth my time".

Post a picture of yourself. I wouldnt be surprised if you're appearence is synonymous with your user name.

I could bet an arm and a leg that YOU wouldnt be worth MY time.

ALSO

"You'll approach the girl beforehand and supply her with alcohol before progressing"

That is RIDICULOUS. I for one would never "supply a girl with alcohol" unless I had ALREADY progressed.

Why would a girl I dont even know deserve me to buy her a drink with my hard earned money??? I'll tell you one thing, if you want to try and lead on drunk lads by letting them buy you drinks and possibly not intend to be with them, then you could land yourself in very hot water.

And that advice is to any girls reading this. If you dont like a guy, you DO NOT accept a drink from him. You could end up in serious trouble.

I would certainly have no sympathy for any girl who would use a guy for getting drinks out of him, if she was to get in trouble sexual assault/rape wise. If you want to try and use people, it will fall back on you one way or another. What goes around comes around.

Too many people are idiots. Thats the moral of the story.

Latest

Trending

Trending