The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
it's shl and takes about 2days after the meet and greet
have people been referred to the partner banks yet?
Reply 382
Still waiting for partner banks to get in touch
does it mean anything that I am having my meet & greet at Barcap? i.e. barcap interest in me?
Hey,

Is anyone going through legal and compliance? i was sent a verbal reasoning test last week, did it, but haven't heard anything since.
@monster101 - Same, I'm going to BarCap on Wednesday. Is that for Credit Risk?

Anyone been to a meet and greet and got any tips/advice?
Reply 386
Original post by Kennethx
That depends on what you got for me :wink:

I've given him enough advice, he shouldn't be asking for more.
has anyone heard back from their numerical test? how long did it take?

also do you get told which banks are interest in you or do they just call you out of the blue?
Put forward for legal and compliance :-)
Reply 389
Original post by monster101
has anyone heard back from their numerical test? how long did it take?

also do you get told which banks are interest in you or do they just call you out of the blue?

Yeah, just heard back from SEO today! Put forward for ECM/DCM in Investment banking.

Oh yeah, jiggle that! Work it baby, uhh huhhh jiggle it all out!

(Bender-style victory celebration)
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, just heard back from SEO today! Put forward for ECM/DCM in Investment banking.

Congrats! any idea which banks you've been put forward?

How long after the numerical test did you get a reply?
I've not applied through SEO but have got an offer through a direct application. I have heard that you can ask to join even if they haven't assisted you through the process. Does anybody have any experience if there is any value in this and, in a nutshell, whether this will be beneficial or not?

I should mention that I do meet the eligibility requirements.
Reply 392
Hey Im second year applied on first year fast track and ive been accepted on to the track. For those of you who have done this last year please tell me of your experiences.
Reply 393
Original post by XboxWaste
I'll PM you.

Hey if you could please PM me also, im interested in the answers to these questions.

Have they given you more information regarding your application being put forward?
Hey everyone, I just found out that a very good friend of mine who is at Barcap (Sales) actually went through SEO London - Do you think it be worth contacting him and asking him to let seo know of my application? (iv just had my meet and greet today)
Henrietta, I am attending the training session on the 4th.

Like the previous Kenneth before me I am also applying for capital markets, although in this climate the competition is really intense.

I think SEO London is a great organization considering it provides you with training in relevant technical and soft skills. If you read the website it states that not only do they help you with developing interview techniques but it also helps with Financial Modeling and relevant skills.

People suggesting that a candidate coming from this group is weaker then the average candidate have no basis to say this at all. The fact is I have secured interviews without help of SEO and would still want to join.

See you on Thursday.
Original post by hannah_213
i think it's worth a shot. Which division have you applied for?
How did your meet and greet go? what time was it?

Iv applied for trading. my meet and greet was at 10am. It went really well - there were quite a lot of candidates there who didnt actually know much about trading - i.e. they knew the stuff that is mentioned in the SEO description of trading requirements however they had no experience within trading and it was easy to differentiate myself through technical knowledge. I was a little intimidated though due to the calibre of the students i.e there were a lot of top london uni/oxbridge students in my meet and greet (most likely also straigh A students) studing top courses - so I am bit worried that SEO will lean more towards your top grade students

Nb i easily meet the requirements and go to warwick.

How did you find it - did they say when you are likely to hear from the partner banks with regards to an offer?
Reply 398
Original post by monster101
Iv applied for trading. my meet and greet was at 10am. It went really well - there were quite a lot of candidates there who didnt actually know much about trading - i.e. they knew the stuff that is mentioned in the SEO description of trading requirements however they had no experience within trading and it was easy to differentiate myself through technical knowledge. I was a little intimidated though due to the calibre of the students i.e there were a lot of top london uni/oxbridge students in my meet and greet (most likely also straigh A students) studing top courses - so I am bit worried that SEO will lean more towards your top grade students

Nb i easily meet the requirements and go to warwick.

How did you find it - did they say when you are likely to hear from the partner banks with regards to an offer?

Nice one :smile:
Original post by XboxWaste
Nice one :smile:

Cheers, thanks for the pm info!

Hows your application going? heard from any of the partner banks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending