The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

I would also like to know about the withdrawing app situation - I have a few outstanding direct apps but seing as i have been recommened by seo, i dont want to take risk of getting rejected
Original post by monster101
Congrats, when did you have your meet and greet?

nov 16@10am, you?
Original post by gaofantasia
nov 16@10am, you?

Same, with krishna at Barcap?
Same, with krishna at Barcap?

yep, hope we get called by partner firms soon!
for those that have applied before - any idea when partner banks usually start contacting applicants?
Reply 445
Hi

I applied on the 29/10/11, and am yet to here back from SEO London.

Is this normal? How long does it usually take to here back? Shall I presume I have been unsucessfully?

Thanks
Original post by JayLegend
Hi

I applied on the 29/10/11, and am yet to here back from SEO London.

Is this normal? How long does it usually take to here back? Shall I presume I have been unsucessfully?

Thanks

I got invited to my meet & greet 3 weeks after I applied, so I would say there is still a chance you might be invited to a meet and greet.

What division have you applied for?
Reply 447
I got invited to my meet & greet 3 weeks after I applied, so I would say there is still a chance you might be invited to a meet and greet.

What division have you applied for?

Hi

I applied for IBD.

What is a meet and greet? How do they contact you?
Hi

I applied for IBD.

What is a meet and greet? How do they contact you?

Meet & Greet is an informal interview where you and other applicants (from the same division - so in your case IBD/ ECM/DCM) take turns to talk about who you are, and why you have applied to your respective division.
I had my meet and greet on the 2nd of November and still haven't heard back. I applied for trading internships. Do u think there is still hope of them recommending me? Have all the positions been filled already?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nightingale_7
I had my meet and greet on the 2nd of November and still haven't heard back. I applied for trading internships. Do u think there is still hope of them recommending me? Have all the positions been filled already?

Hi, Did you receive a numerical test invite after your meet and greet? they might have just put your application on hold - usually they send invite the next day. As far as I am aware no one who has applied to markets has received correspondance from the partner banks yet, though I would be very interested to hear otherwise.
Hi, Did you receive a numerical test invite after your meet and greet? they might have just put your application on hold - usually they send invite the next day. As far as I am aware no one who has applied to markets has received correspondance from the partner banks yet, though I would be very interested to hear otherwise.

Yes, I did the numerical test a few days after the meet n greet. But I haven't heard back after that, whereas my friends who applied for other divisions got recommended within a week.
Reply 452
Yes, I did the numerical test a few days after the meet n greet. But I haven't heard back after that, whereas my friends who applied for other divisions got recommended within a week.

When did you apply and when did you find you progressed to the next stage? I have been waiting since October :frown:
When did you apply and when did you find you progressed to the next stage? I have been waiting since October :frown:

I applied on the 30th of october, went for the meet n greet on the 7th of november, and did the test on 9th. What division did u apply for?
Reply 454
I applied on the 30th of october, went for the meet n greet on the 7th of november, and did the test on 9th. What division did u apply for?

IBD

What about you?
IBD

What about you?

trading
Anyone heard from any of the partner banks for trading (or sales)?
Original post by faz123
has anyone been on the training day for this- is it worth going too? and anyone got it coming up next week?

Whats does the email say? what division have you been referred to the partner banks for?

Just got the training email for CM.
(edited 12 years ago)
Whats does the email say? what division have you been referred to the partner banks for?

Just got the training email for CM.

Hey, are you talking abt the one on 15th dec for CM? I got invited to that too, but it doesnt say which department I've been recommended for. I applied for trading. Have u been told which dept u were recommended for?
Hey, are you talking abt the one on 15th dec for CM? I got invited to that too, but it doesnt say which department I've been recommended for. I applied for trading. Have u been told which dept u were recommended for?

yes and when you were emailed saying you were being recommended to the partner banks it implies for your first choice unless otherwise specified.

I could be wrong though.

Anyone had any experience with training days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending