Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlos_Vela)
    Did you all have to do SHL test again after SEO had computer system issues?
    I passed my SHL test in November and have been recommended after my test.
    But today I received an email saying SEO had computer system issues and required from me to
    fill a form for recommendation.
    Once I have filled in the recommendation form, I received an email asking me to an SHL test.

What is going on?
    Were you at the October Meet and Greet?

I have just checked my email and i have not received an email about computer issues. I taken my SHL test once and straight after i was recommended.

I have no clue whats going on mate it all seems rather mysterious with SEO the coming weeks will tell.

Im waiting desperately for something to happen. Perhaps most people are too. I hope someone could shed some light on my questions in the previous post. Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way what was on the recommendation form out of curiosity? Because when i was recommended after October meet and greet i was not sent such a recommendation form. I guess this recommendation form is something new for you too?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaknow61)
    Were you at the October Meet and Greet?

I have just checked my email and i have not received an email about computer issues. I taken my SHL test once and straight after i was recommended.

I have no clue whats going on mate it all seems rather mysterious with SEO the coming weeks will tell.

Im waiting desperately for something to happen. Perhaps most people are too. I hope someone could shed some light on my questions in the previous post. Thanks

I received a mail about grad positions available at a financial services (not IB) firm and was advised to fill in a form and send in a copy of my CV. After I have done this, I received an email saying SEO had issues with their computer system and therefore have to do everything all over again.

Other than this, nothing is happening this season at SEO.
    (Original post by yaknow61)
    By the way what was on the recommendation form out of curiosity? Because when i was recommended after October meet and greet i was not sent such a recommendation form. I guess this recommendation form is something new for you too?
    I was at great and meat in November....the recommendation letter is not new to me...i received one in November.

Yaknow...your not missing anything...its a bad year basically

Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information mate. I will keep you posted and I wish you all the best
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything?? im just wondering because this time last year people were getting AC's.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SEO is done getting all the candidates. If you didn't bother applying yourself, I'm afraid you missed the boat to get an internship or grad scheme!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiedough101)
    SEO is done getting all the candidates. If you didn't bother applying yourself, I'm afraid you missed the boat to get an internship or grad scheme!
    How do you know SEO are done, did you get an internship?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a full time offer from my summer internship last year. SEO isn't helpful at all and fortunately I did not place all my bets on them.
    I do speak to the SEO team regularly and they have confirmed they're done - at least for IB Programmes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a full time offer from my summer internship last year. SEO isn't helpful at all and fortunately I did not place all my bets on them.
    I do speak to the SEO team regularly and they have confirmed they're done - at least for IB Programmes.
    Congrats on converting

Did you get the summer offer through SEO or was it through a direct application?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there mate,

I am a recommended candidate of SEO for investment banking risk division. Im not too sure at what you are getting at. Do you mean to say that SEO has finished recommending candidates? or do you mean to say that SEO's partner banks have already given all of their offers to seo recommendees for investment banking?

since you are in touch with seo team. what are the chances of recommended candidates receiving an internship offer? If you do not know could you please find out.

It is great to hear that you have got a job lined up

Thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers yaknow and twinkl

I got my summer internship through my own direct applications. I was in touch with SEO to try and find me an alternative grad scheme as I didn't like the firm where I worked - they failed to do that and I managed to get another grad offer through my own applications and networking. SEO isn't helpful AT ALL! You should have applied yourself.

This year, due to a lack of grad opportunities, almost everyone has applied for internships (incl people who are in their final year, recent graduates and even people doing their masters). Most summer internship offers have been extended to successful candidates (majority) - GS(interviewing all candidates they are interested in now), JPM (they told everyone incl recent grads to apply for summer), BAML (they finished mid - Jan), UBS ( they tend to start as early as Sept and finish by December), Barcap, MS and Citi(I know people getting offers by November for various roles).
    SEO has left a lot of people from my uni hanging dry as well. I have spoken to the SEO office and they said all pending recommendation chances look extremely minimal.

Sorry to break this to you. Wish you luck and success with 'individual' applications.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 4, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.