The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham really that dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
Criticism coming from me neg repping you post and you not liking it.

Who are you to say clichés aren't true? I spend an awful lot of time in Nottingham, and from experience (and actually, from my common sense), it seems that staying out of trouble is the best way to err... stay out of trouble. Not sure what your problem is with that. :rolleyes:

Clicking a thumbs down button now counts as criticism?

The things you learn....
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 101
my boyfriend got chased by three guys after taking money out of a cash machine
Original post by cunningstunt87
Clicking a thumbs down button now counts as criticism?

The things you learn....

You kicked off about it pretty well, so I can only assume that's how you saw it. :cool:
You kicked off about it pretty well, so I can only assume that's how you saw it. :cool:

I kicked off pretty well about your clichéd drivel of a response, and mentioned that you had repped me.

You then made this all about the rep.

I criticised you fairly well, you responded with a single mouse click (which in kind, I returned the favour).

I'd say you lost this one.

'Til next time......
I kicked off pretty well about your clichéd drivel of a response, and mentioned that you had repped me.

You then made this all about the rep.

I criticised you fairly well, you responded with a single mouse click (which in kind, I returned the favour).

I'd say you lost this one.

'Til next time......

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were having some kind of competition to see whose criticism is the more valid. :eek: Blimey... are you still in play-school?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were having some kind of competition to see whose criticism is the more valid. :eek: Blimey... are you still in play-school?

I feel like I am having to continually reply to your whiny, attention seeking posts.
Reply 106
i live close to nottingham and go there occasionally (nights out, shopping etc) and it doesnt seem any different from any other city. like a few others have said i think the media has overexaggerated alot where nottingham's concerned. i dont enjoy driving there during rush hour if im honest but thats my only grievance with the place, ive never had any trouble.
I feel like I am having to continually reply to your whiny, attention seeking posts.

Why bother replying then? You're not obliged to! :biggrin:
I visit Nottingham regularly as a lot of my family live there, and aside from the fact my Grandad lives next door to a paedophile - I have experienced no crime and neither have any of my family. As long as you don't be stupid (leave windows open etc) then you'll be fine :biggrin:
Went to a football match there once when I were 16 and we got attacked by a 40 odd year man and a couple of his mates. And we weren't looking for trouble. But the other times I've been there its seemed alright.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I wouldnt worry; all of the chavs live in east/ north areas of nottingham, but the university in the west of nottingham. Just stay away from bestwood, baseford, forest fields, hyson green, sneinton, st annes, the meadows and clifton- not that u will have any reason to go to those places anyway
Original post by Cll_ws
make it out to be?
I'd like to study in Nottingham, but obviously haven't ever experienced living there and don't know what the City is really like.
The course in Nottingham seems perfect, but I can't help but be put of by the media making it out to be some sort of crime-ridden city on the decline.
I know I probably shouldn't listen to all the media stuff, but...

How true is it? and have you had any bad experiences?
The more worrying part of it would be when I have to move into a house 2nd year, ha.

It is no different to anywhere else really, be careful and its likely you'll be okay. I myself have never felt unsafe in Nottingham, the media have made it out to be far worse than it actually is and its a brilliant city for student life :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending