The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get her nothing, are you so incapable of having a lasting serious relationship that you must celebrate being together for six months?
Reply 2
Get her nothing. It's only 6 months. If you must, though, just take her out to her favourite restaurant or something.

6 months is not worthy of any true celebration.
Reply 3
6 months? wtf.
Don't bother getting her anything. It's only six months. Wait until you've been with her a year.
Don't buy her a present, but it might be nice to make a small fuss of it? Spend the day together or something, go to another town for the day maybe.
Reply 6
Original post by chinaberry

Original post by chinaberry
Don't buy her a present, but it might be nice to make a small fuss of it? Spend the day together or something, go to another town for the day maybe.

This.

Lucky girl though!
An anniversary is, by definition, an ANNUAL occurence, not bi-annual.
Reply 8
Ignore everyone that is saying "Wtf its only 6 months, get her nothing". Me and my girlfriend have been together a year and 2 months now, and on our 6 month anniversary, I bought her an A5 notepad, this one:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/0340030560/Ryman-Memo-Book-A5-100gsm-Ruled-Wirebound-192-Pages-96-Sheets/Product

I then wrote 2 pages of how the past 6 months with her had been great, and printed off all the photos of us together, cut them out, and stuck them in, whether they were normal photos, or silly photos we took. She absolutly adored the book and we now stick every photograph we get together in it, write our feelings for each other in it occasionally, and draw silly photos and write silly words, such as personal jokes that make us laugh. She has also taken this book on holiday with her as she knew she was going to miss being with me, and read it on the night times before she went to bed.

On top of all of that, i got her a fake rose that she still has now in her bedroom. Overall it only cost about £10 for the rose, book, and printing things out at the library, although we went for a meal too which was £40. :tongue:

So yeah, you dont have to buy her anything expensive, a lot of girls me and my girlfriend know, know about the book, and they said theyd adore having one and it was an amazing idea, not bragging ofcourse :cool:, since it was cheap, yet can keep memories in it forever.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Don't buy her anything. Six months is a nice time to spend with somebody, but it's not really a massive occasion and I think if you bought her a big gift, it seems a little weird. Personally, I'd just want to spend the whole day with my girlfriend and go for a nice meal and the cinema or something.
You don't have to go overboard but like someone else maybe compile your time together in a book of pictures/thought etc. :smile:
Original post by AdamOAO
Ignore everyone that is saying "Wtf its only 6 months, get her nothing". Me and my girlfriend have been together a year and 2 months now, and on our 6 month anniversary, I bought her an A5 notepad, this one:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/0340030560/Ryman-Memo-Book-A5-100gsm-Ruled-Wirebound-192-Pages-96-Sheets/Product

I then wrote 2 pages of how the past 6 months with her had been great, and printed off all the photos of us together, cut them out, and stuck them in, whether they were normal photos, or silly photos we took. She absolutly adored the book and we now stick every photograph we get together in it, write our feelings for each other in it occasionally, and draw silly photos and write silly words, such as personal jokes that make us laugh. She has also taken this book on holiday with her as she knew she was going to miss being with me, and read it on the night times before she went to bed.

On top of all of that, i got her a fake rose that she still has now in her bedroom. Overall it only cost about £10 for the rose, book, and printing things out at the library, although we went for a meal too which was £40. :tongue:

So yeah, you dont have to buy her anything expensive, a lot of girls me and my girlfriend know, know about the book, and they said theyd adore having one and it was an amazing idea, not bragging ofcourse :cool:, since it was cheap, yet can keep memories in it forever.

Hope this helps. :smile:

This frightens me.

OP, I wouldn't go nuts, it's only 6 months, I'd just take her out for dinner somewhere or maybe cook her dinner?
Get her NOTHING. Or something small if you must.

You aren't going to celebrate your relationship biannually are you, if so lucky girl!
Reply 14
girls love jewelry! i am not saying go out and spend loads on diamonds, get her something classy and simple, so she can wear it everyday. this way it wont be expensive and she will always have you with her :smile: girls love things like that! or take her out for dinner! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Nothing. It's only frickin' 6 months.
LOL Sorry peoples think youve got the wrong impression! Its not something big i just want something small and cute to remind her that i care like a homemade card or something!
Reply 17
I would suggest you get her nothing. Wait for the year mate.
Original post by JDI
I would suggest you get her nothing. Wait for the year mate.

kk will do. Gonna get her a card. Thanks for le suggestions.
Reply 19
Lol 6 months? Was this her idea? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending