The Student Room Group

Totally shocked by this fb discussion...

Scroll to see replies

There's no denying that the Muslim guys who did it are nasty, nasty pieces of work... but violent racism is really not the answer.
Reply 41
tbh wtf r they doing in our country discriminating againt our ppl by burning popies, u have to apritiate that its there families that risked there lives to fight for the war, and in the uk the typical steriotyped 'paki' is not liked because they dodge taxes and are benifit frauds. im not saying all are but that is what the GENERAL opinion of the 'white british' people have - just like in generally the western population are stereotyped and 'pigs' and 'filth' by the eastern countries.

Yes it was wrong for them to say that because they just spread hate, but why the **** are they doing it in the first place, there living in our country and they almost want to be at war with us. If i was in charge i would tell them to GTFO!!!!! ****ING *****!!!!

Not every nations perfect weve got these ppl, uve got terrorists :wink:
Reply 42
Original post by .Ali.
I agree that racism is bad whichever side it is coming from. I don't think it's racist nor unfair, however, to say that "If you don't respect our laws and culture, you're perfectly free to go elsewhere". Just to clarify, I would say that to anyone, whatever their race/religion (even British people), who has a major issue with British culture.

For example, I wouldn't go to Saudi Arabia and burn a Qu'ran, and start drinking wine and justify it by saying "I can do this at home! I don't follow your religion! I've moved to your country, but I'm going to act as if I'm still following English law, and if you do anything to me, I'll call the race card!". I'm not for one second suggesting that the majority do, but those who do spoil it for the normal, law abiding immigrants. People should just have some respect for the country they live in.

She does have a brain!
Rule 1 of facebook; people rarely mean what they say.
Original post by Mr. Orange
As soon as I saw your thread title I knew what this was going to be about. It is such an explosive issue and gutter press tabloids like the mail do not help the situation.

funny that seeing as the first link on google in relation to it is the telegraph not the mail

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8126357/Muslims-clash-with-police-after-burning-poppy-in-anti-Armistice-Day-protest.html
Reply 45
Original post by ArcaneAnna
To be fair tho - when them ****s from g'head burned a koran - did you see the uproar of disrespectful and hurtful comments toward the west?

Why did no-one notice that that incident, just like the poppy one, doesn't represent every westerner - but only a few select **** ups.

A bit unfair that? No?

Utter rot I'm afraid. The crazy man who started burning Qu'rans was pretty much condemned by the entire Western media and population at large. It was hardly an incident that "no-one noticed".
its upsetting but really not that shocking to me, having heard similar things many times before, by whole groups of people, which makes it even worse :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by Bonged.
She does have a brain!

Haha, thanks. :tongue:
NEWSFLASH: Retards exist on the internet!!!!! :eek:

Only that's a headline that morphed into old news about 14 years ago. No offence like
Original post by HumanNature1992
What idiots, its clear that they really dont have any grasp on whats happening.

What are you implying?
Reply 50
Original post by .Ali.
I agree that racism is bad whichever side it is coming from. I don't think it's racist nor unfair, however, to say that "If you don't respect our laws and culture, you're perfectly free to go elsewhere". Just to clarify, I would say that to anyone, whatever their race/religion (even British people), who has a major issue with British culture.

For example, I wouldn't go to Saudi Arabia and burn a Qu'ran, and start drinking wine and justify it by saying "I can do this at home! I don't follow your religion! I've moved to your country, but I'm going to act as if I'm still following English law, and if you do anything to me, I'll call the race card!". I'm not for one second suggesting that the majority do, but those who do spoil it for the normal, law abiding immigrants. People should just have some respect for the country they live in.

Again, this is a point which I made no previous effort to debate over. I have already condemned the poppy burners.

I therefore won't go into detail, but I will say that there is a fine line between making them "respect our culture" and restricting the civil and religious liberty of immigrants. Obviously that they respect our laws is a given, but who is flouting the line of the law here? Those burning bits of paper, or those promising a violent retribution against a specific group of people?
I have "friends" on facebook posting things like this too.

Most recent are "Ungreatful dirty little curry munchin, rug ed's, should be shipped back to azerbijan."

And someone commented on this status saying "kill a paki day ?"

And this one " I hate the dirty horrible disrespectful pakis who come to our country and say the way we live our lives is wrong. **** OFF THEN!"
Reply 52
Original post by ArcaneAnna
To be fair tho - when them ****s from g'head burned a koran - did you see the uproar of disrespectful and hurtful comments toward the west?

Why did no-one notice that that incident, just like the poppy one, doesn't represent every westerner - but only a few select **** ups.

A bit unfair that? No?

Well the people that did make comments towards the West probably did refer to everyone, just like the idiots here are the opposite way. I mean it's not exactly hard to find a video online of a group burning the American flag and chanting something directed at the USA as a whole. Just as its not hard to find people like the KKK doing the same back.
In the Middle-east there was no doubt thousands of comments from outraged people similar to the ones were hearing here.
good shout, the status's and comment I read sometimes are just shocking. And these people much be actual RETARDS because in person they are hitting on me and vying for my attention but they somehow miss the fact that I am a 'paki' like the ones they slag off on FB :facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
A large number of people are horribly ignorant and racist, you have to get used to that. It's disgusting, because a small number of extremists do not represent a whole religion, yet people condemn them. I think use of the word "paki" just shows this ignorance; I know quite a few Pakistani people who are mostly non-religious, and ignorant bigots will hate them for nothing more than the fact they're Pakistani.

When something like this happens I think people's true colours really show, and it's easy to identify the people you do and don't want to associate with.
Reply 55
It never fails to make me feel disgusted when I see all of this casual bigotry and intolerance on facebook, I don't know why people think it's ok. A guy I knew from school posted this last week:

"do any of you fancy coming to a massive bonfire tonight ? Its at the dudley mosque , but dont tell anyone !!!!!"

I don't know about all of you but these are people that if the subject never comes up, seem like perfectly reasonable people capable of intelligent conversation but I could never choose them as friends if I knew that there was even the slightest part of them that thought a status like the one above was acceptable.
Reply 56
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
NEWSFLASH: Retards exist on the internet!!!!! :eek:

Only that's a headline that morphed into old news about 14 years ago. No offence like

If you were to go out on to the street right now and ask a random person how they felt about Muslims, I would expect a fair number of responses similar to those given on the internet.
People are reactionary and stupid. They just sound like people who don't know what they are talking about :smile:
Original post by milkytea
Utter rot I'm afraid. The crazy man who started burning Qu'rans was pretty much condemned by the entire Western media and popu
lation at large. It was hardly an incident that "no-one notice".

I never said the incident wa un-noticed.

I ment that people here have noticed, in disgust, that a few ***** have made some nasty comments aimed at the pakistanis burning the poppy.
But not as many people commented their disgust at the very harsh and nasty comments that were aimed at westerners after the book burning.
Reply 59
Haha oh dear :facepalm: some chavs (from my old school) are making such comments on their statuses as well saying stuff like 'take them bak' and 'fukin foreigners should go were they belong'.

To be honest, I am just impressed they managed to spell 'foreigners' right, looks like they did learn something in school :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending