The Student Room Group

Totally shocked by this fb discussion...

Scroll to see replies

It's got all the BNP/EDL idiots on my facebook going "Let's go burn down one of their houses, immigrant scum, shouldn't be living here, should have no rights to live in this world at all!"

They currently have 20 likes.

Makes me so mad though as it's all the ignorant ones who you can't have a logical conversation with anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by milkytea
Again, this is a point which I made no previous effort to debate over. I have already condemned the poppy burners.

I therefore won't go into detail, but I will say that there is a fine line between making them "respect our culture" and restricting the civil and religious liberty of immigrants. Obviously that they respect our laws is a given, but who is flouting the line of the law here? Those burning bits of paper, or those promising a violent retribution against a specific group of people?

I'm not condoning violence against groups of people, however, violence against the individuals who did it? I wouldn't engage in a physical fight myself, but I wouldn't stop anyone else from giving them a good old punch, and I would completely understand it.

Think of the trauma that those men and women went through, and go through every day. Think of what they must have felt when they died in pain, miles away from their loved ones. And then, on a day to honour them, some inconsiderate, heartless bastards burn the poppies. That is an insult to all those men and women, and to their friends, families, and to the British people.

Whether you agree with war or not, I don't think it is too much to ask for people to show some respect.
A guy who went to my old school, who I'm therefore friends with on fb, posted a status saying "I hope all the pakis who burnt that poppy are savagely murdered tonight."

13 people liked it... and counting.. now around 20 do.

If that wasn't enough, there were many comments on it like "yeah... ****ing pakis think they have more rights than us in this country" and "yeah my dad is going to afghanistan next year and he's going to go nuts on them" to which someone replied "wish I could go there with him." Another, I was disguted to read, said "they deserve to have all their rights stripped from them and to burn in hell."

Just a note: the people that commented aren't my friends.

Aside from the disgusting attitudes that these people clearly hold, this is an obvious demonstration in my eyes that the people burning poppies are just inciting more hatred. People should really think things through before acting in a way likely to incite so many people, or they're just as bad.

LOL I have a lot of this on my news feed from a few EDL loving people on FB from my old school.
"Why the **** are all these ***** still in the country! execute or deport ALL OF THEM "

"if i ever say anything apprantly im a racist its ridiculous. they all need to be rounded up and sent back to their own countries. bloody born here couldnt give a **** :smile: lol im on a proper rant now "

I was a bit tempted to post a link to Bloc Party- Hunting for Witches on youtube, but that would mean talking to these people...
breaking news: stupid people are stupid.
Original post by silverbolt

The Mail writes about what BNP supporters want to hear. The number of Daily Mail news-links that are posted in the Britain forum of StormFront is ridiculous.
Reply 65
Original post by ArcaneAnna
I never said the incident wa un-noticed.

I ment that people here have noticed, in disgust, that a few ***** have made some nasty comments aimed at the pakistanis burning the poppy.
But not as many people commented their disgust at the very harsh and nasty comments that were aimed at westerners after the book burning.

I apologise, I misread your post slightly.
Reply 66
I'm glad I don't know (many) people like this :adore:
Reply 67
The irony of the situation is that they had to buy all of the poppies to burn them, so they actually contributed to the poppy apeal more than most individual ppl in the uk
Original post by Cll_ws
Well the people that did make comments towards the West probably did refer to everyone, just like the idiots here are the opposite way. I mean it's not exactly hard to find a video online of a group burning the American flag and chanting something directed at the USA as a whole. Just as its not hard to find people like the KKK doing the same back.
In the Middle-east there was no doubt thousands of comments from outraged people similar to the ones were hearing here.

Exactly my point. But why does no-one seem to notice that this disrespect is not uni diretional, but is actually present from both the sides??
Original post by Faith01
Haha oh dear :facepalm: some chavs (from my old school) are making such comments on their statuses as well saying stuff like 'take them bak' and 'fukin foreigners should go were they belong'.

To be honest, I am just impressed they managed to spell 'foreigners' right, looks like they did learn something in school :biggrin:

Yet they have trouble spelling the word "back"...
I apologise, I misread your post slightly.

S'alrights. Wasn't all that well written anyways. :/
Reply 71
i think the idiots today were trying to get back at the idiots who were trying to burn the holy quran
If you were to go out on to the street right now and ask a random person how they felt about Muslims, I would expect a fair number of responses similar to those given on the internet.

Perhaps. But if you asked someone who didn't read The Sun or The Daily Mail, seriously and on a daily basis (i.e a non-village idiot), you'd more than likely get a response similar to yours and mine.
Original post by jimimick
The irony of the situation is that they had to buy all of the poppies to burn them, so they actually contributed to the poppy apeal more than most individual ppl in the uk

LOL i never thought of that :congrats:
Reply 74
Original post by buyingtheticket
LOL I have a lot of this on my news feed from a few EDL loving people on FB from my old school.
"Why the **** are all these ***** still in the country! execute or deport ALL OF THEM "

"if i ever say anything apprantly im a racist its ridiculous. they all need to be rounded up and sent back to their own countries. bloody born here couldnt give a **** :smile: lol im on a proper rant now "

I was a bit tempted to post a link to Bloc Party- Hunting for Witches on youtube, but that would mean talking to these people...

Excellent idea.:smile:

Original post by .Ali.
I'm not condoning violence against groups of people, however, violence against the individuals who did it? I wouldn't engage in a physical fight myself, but I wouldn't stop anyone else from giving them a good old punch, and I would completely understand it.

Think of the trauma that those men and women went through, and go through every day. Think of what they must have felt when they died in pain, miles away from their loved ones. And then, on a day to honour them, some inconsiderate, heartless bastards burn the poppies. That is an insult to all those men and women, and to their friends, families, and to the British people.

Whether you agree with war or not, I don't think it is too much to ask for people to show some respect.

The point is that none of these moronic chavs are advocating that the poppy burners receive a swift blow to the face, but rather a violent killing. You keep on moving away from the issue and talking about things which I haven't really addressed. I think we agree broadly in principle so let's leave it at that.
Reply 75
Original post by jimimick

Nice.
Original post by sahil112
i think the idiots today were trying to get back at the idiots who were trying to burn the holy quran

As they say idiots beget idiots.
Reply 77
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Perhaps. But if you asked someone who didn't read The Sun or The Daily Mail, seriously and on a daily basis (i.e a non-village idiot), you'd more than likely get a response similar to yours and mine.

Unfortunately, a quick search reveals that those are the two most widely-read newspapers in this country.

http://www.mediauk.com/article/32696/the-most-popular-newspapers-in-the-uk
Reply 78
Original post by sahil112

If your talking about that priest in America didn't he actually back out?
Reply 79
Original post by ArcaneAnna
Exactly my point. But why does no-one seem to notice that this disrespect is not uni diretional, but is actually present from both the sides??

Because they're all idiots,
Let's be honest, nobody that's a member of the EDL knows anything about Islam do they? ha
And I can't speak for the Muslim extremists on how much they actually know as i'm not really exposed to them in everyday life, but they're idiots aswell and obviously can't see how much hatred and tension they're causing between the two sets of people, which as a result innocent people get caught up in as they're grouped along with the extremists due to being of the same religeon.

Edit:
Muslim Against Crusades spokesman:
He added: "We will do this again. Until the British people condemn the British Government for these illegal wars, we will not stop protesting."
Do they not see how many British people share this view and do condemn the wars? No doubt people who have lost loved ones in War share that view. I'm sure it's only a minority who actually WANT a war.
So yeah acually, maybe they are just as idiotic as the racists here
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending