The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by mangoh
Nice set up!

Good find but can I ask you if the computer is loud?

I know you have a cooling tower but it was fairly cheap

I have a fan controller also, coupled with the very quiet R3 case. It's almost silent, I can only hear it everything else in the room is dead silent, I can hear a slight hum. It's very quiet.
Reply 941
Original post by mangoh
Nice set up!

Original post by mangoh
Nice set up!

Original post by SMed
I have a fan controller also, coupled with the very quiet R3 case. It's almost silent, I can only hear it everything else in the room is dead silent, I can hear a slight hum. It's very quiet.

I second that. I have recently put my R3 on my desk as i have given one monitor to the wife, the only hum i can hear is from the HDD but that is only if the room is silent and i am not typing away - the distance being 3 feet from my ears
Reply 942
Original post by C4OShea
I second that. I have recently put my R3 on my desk as i have given one monitor to the wife, the only hum i can hear is from the HDD but that is only if the room is silent and i am not typing away - the distance being 3 feet from my ears

I only use 2.5" drives as they're practically silent. :smile:
Reply 943
Original post by elia
The Holy Trinity - iMac, iPad and iPhone. Somebody clearly isn't on a student budget.

You missed the MacBook air :P lol.. Kinda true, the pros of working whilst still in school xD

Original post by mangoh
Let me guess... You like Apple!

Nice setup man total cost? (can't see if iPad first/second etc...

Nah I hate them xD

Thnks dude, Erm total cost, I haven't counted itup but let's see 2200 for iMac, 1080 for MBA, 500 iPhone, 400 iPad 3, iPod touch 4th 180, Wacom intuos 4 280, 100 iPod nano watch, so somewhere around £4500..
Reply 944
Original post by SMed
I only use 2.5" drives as they're practically silent. :smile:

£115 for my 3TB HDD was steep enough i couldn't afford those smaller drives at that capacity
Reply 945
Found some 1TB 2.5" drives for £60 a piece. I think a 2TB 3.5" run about £75-80 atm. I don't really need much storage tbh, I don't store lots of films/series right now, though it may change in the future.
Original post by SMed
Everything, literally everything you see in my workspace pic below cost less than one iMac or Macbook.

"TOTAL so far: £1018"

My 2012 £850 MacBook Air begs to differ :eyeball:

Very nice setup though, I am jelly.

Also, what filter/whatever did you use on that image of your desk? Looks tasty :smile:
Reply 947
jees, I am so jealous of people posting some of these pictures! I sit on a wooden chair with three wooden poles as back supports, that's right; no spiny padded comforter, I'm a hardcore Scotsman!...with a deformed spine... Any-who, I have a desk with a laptop on it and some pencils, and my advanced mechanics book, with my calculator, ruler, rubber and post it's! Yea, let's see you's top that, bitches
Reply 948
Original post by Wookie42
"TOTAL so far: £1018"

My 2012 £850 MacBook Air begs to differ :eyeball:

Very nice setup though, I am jelly.

Also, what filter/whatever did you use on that image of your desk? Looks tasty :smile:

Good thing I didn't say Macbook Air then. :wink:

There's no filter added, that's just how I process my images in photoshop, I don't use filters.
Original post by SMed
Good thing I didn't say Macbook Air then. :wink:

There's no filter added, that's just how I process my images in photoshop, I don't use filters.

...but the base Air and base Pro are the same price :hmmm:

Fair enough :smile:
Desk of champions right here.

IMG_0127.jpgIMG_0128.jpg
Reply 951
Original post by Astronomical
Desk of champions right here.

IMG_0127.jpgIMG_0128.jpg

but which league?
Original post by Wookie42
...but the base Air and base Pro are the same price :hmmm:

Fair enough :smile:

That.. isn't.. true :hmmm:
Reply 953
Original post by hassi94

I think he meant the 13 inch Air. The 11 inch is a fair bit cheaper.
Original post by hassi94

Ok... base 13" :angel:
Original post by SMed
Finally got some much needed office furniture. Got a small chest of drawers for under the desk where I can finally throw in all my stationary and nerd junk. Also put up that bookcase today to get rid of the stacks of books and piles of stuff sitting on the floor in the corner.

Got the Virgin V+ HD box on top of the drawers under the desk to the right, connected to the monitor, with audio running through the PC's sound card.

Also got a subwoofer under the desk now, much needed for games and films/tv.

It's mostly done now.

Your room just looks awesome as ****.. I mean everything from the wallpaper to the ambience from the lamps Lol

I'm jel bro
Reply 956
Original post by itsmyname
Your room just looks awesome as ****.. I mean everything from the wallpaper to the ambience from the lamps Lol

I'm jel bro

Thanks man. But, the wallpaper? Really? I hate it! :tongue:
Reply 957
Man some of you guys/gals are tidy...

Networking crap, nintendo wii and an external hdd hiding behind the small monitor

I can't even remember specs of my PC, build it almost a year ago. i7 2600k (OC to 4.4GHz), GTX 570 (going to get a new card in 2013 I think)

IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
Original post by C4OShea
Length is not an issue. Everything fits perfectly, have not had a single problem with this. My bet would just be to visualise everything. Below are the pics of my build from start to finish.

Sorry for the nerd Pr0n

Wheres your gpu :s-smilie:
kinda expect one as you built it :redface:
Reply 959
Original post by Iqbal007
Wheres your gpu :s-smilie:
kinda expect one as you built it :redface:

haha, everyone on the forums have given me grief over this (and not having an after market cpu cooler) But i don't game so the HD4000 are sufficient. I think i'll have to get one just to have people pipe down! A 6870 perhaps. But next on this list a better SSD, My old Corsair 96gb v+100 is only SATA II. I think the Vertex 4 is in order. then throw in a H80 and i'm done. Just so expensive!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending