The Student Room Group

RCVS Statutory Examination for Membership

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Danish Munir
Hi Armando and Mario,

I am going to sit in next year exam. And I would really appreciate if you both could help me by sharing your material (Notes).[

hello guys,
i hope to keep in touch with you both about the statutory rcvs exam,i am still preparing for the exam,,
Reply 21
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but great to read the thread :-) Anyone here preparing for 2014 exam? and a good soul from 2013 examinee to give us some tips? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon ;-)
Reply 22
hello reinaB,
hope to keep in touch with you on how to take the 2014 exam..are you in it as well.can we share notes?.
Original post by reinaB
Hi everyone, I am new to this site but great to read the thread :-) Anyone here preparing for 2014 exam? and a good soul from 2013 examinee to give us some tips? Thank you and hope to hear from you soon ;-)

hello reina, I am on preparation for the 2015, would you like to share information?
Original post by jerg
hello reinaB,
hope to keep in touch with you on how to take the 2014 exam..are you in it as well.can we share notes?.

hello, I am studying for the 2015 exam, would you like to share some information?
I am going to create a group for the 2015 exam, is anyone interested?
Original post by pollysu
Hi, i am a Brazilian veterinary surgeon, currently living and working at the UK with Scientific Research. I want to sit and pass the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Statutory Examination for Membership.I don't know how to get started to study for it so I would like to contact people who have already sit this examination.People who may have books and tips...Thank you!!!

Hi, I'm a veterinary surgeon - your best source of information will be from the RCVS Education department - the education manager at [email protected] would probably be a good starting place.

In terms of study materials - the key is to find the smallest number of books to cover what you need to know otherwise you'll get lost in the amount of information - the best sources and the ones many British vets find most useful are:

1. Small Animal Surgery by Welch-Fossum (surgery bible!)
2. Small Animal Medicine by Ettinger (medicine bible, but very detailed)
3. The 5 minute Consult - Small Animal (very efficient medicine bible)
4. BSAVA Small Animal Formulary - if you need to know about drugs we use in the UK
5. BSAVA Manual of Clinical Pathology - useful for clin path information
6. The Merck Veterinary Manual - pretty much covers everything in all species, though no good for surgery. Especially useful for farm medicine.
7. Textbook of Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Medicine - Drobatz and Haskins (I use this every day - very efficient ECC manual)
8. Pasquini's guide to Small Animal, Equine and Farm clinics - very useful (if expensive) books with lots of memorable pictures in. Students love these books.
9. Equine Formulary by Derek Knottenbelt - not a great book but the best one there is for horse drugs, and also details a number of clinical procedures especially nerve blocks so quite useful.
10. Saunder's Veterinary Dictionary - extremely useful if you come across terms you don't understand

Hope that helps!
Reply 27
Original post by jhonnyduran

yes jhonny,i want to join..
Reply 28
Hello,
I am also a Brazilian vet, i used to work with horses in brazil but have been out of practice for the past 6 years.... Will start preparing myself for next year exam got some books but am tottaly lost on how to start would be great to have some help from people that attended or plan to do it. Please send me a PM any help will be great! Gabriela
Reply 29
Yes, i also would like to join a 2015 exam facebook group so we can share tips and notes/books. Gabriela
Reply 30
Original post by jhonnyduran

Hi, I am also going to sit the exam in 2015. Can you add me to the group also?
Hi there
really need help with RCVS examination, will appreciate your guidance
Hello. I just started my preparation. Is it possible to join your group? Thanks

GG
Reply 33
Would like to join the group as well... preparing for the 2015 exam.

For those interested in sharing information/books, etc, send me a message.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
I would like to join the group. Looking for more info and supportive materials.
Reply 35
Hi I will like to join the group as well if still possible.
thanks
A
(edited 9 years ago)
I am preparing for the exams in 2016 would like to join the group
Reply 37
Hello everyone,
is this still working? I'm sitting in 2016. Anyone else?
Nicolas
Reply 38
Hi,
I am planning to seat the 2016 RCVS exams,
I would like to join the group.
Thanks
Reply 39
It doesn't seem to work at all...but at least we are here. Did you already start with it?

Quick Reply

Latest