The Student Room Group

Israeli police demolish mosque

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zai
But obviously the Holocaust didn't start out as a full-blown attack. The world didn't just wake up one morning and discover "a genocide of millions" had suddenly begun -- the more 'minor' events escalated into that -- such as confiscating Jewish businesses and property

The Holocaust took about six years and killed an estimated 6 million Jews along with several million Roma, homosexuals, trade unionists, capitalists and other minorities. The Arab/Israeli conflict has lasted about 62 years (since the creation of Israel) although you can trace Arab/Jewish tensions in the region back until about 1890, and the total death toll for both sides is estimated at around 50,000. This is not a genocide.
Original post by dn013
oh, My B - I thought you were just holocaust denying. It is so common on TSR, I just assumed!

Lol no, I was ridiculing the idea that the Israelis are carrying out a Nazi-style Holocaust in Palestine.
Reply 82
Good on Israel!!
Reply 83
Original post by jmenkus
Lol no, I was ridiculing the idea that the Israelis are carrying out a Nazi-style Holocaust in Palestine.

It is sad that we even need to talk about this 'comparison.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending