The Student Room Group

How do you view white people?

Scroll to see replies

They get sunburnt easily and they smell of gone off milk.
They bare annoying, I wish they'd just give up and hand this country over to us!

..I joke.
Original post by teveth
i'm interested to know how white people are viewed.

Who you callin' 'PEOPLE'? :angry: :angry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by SuperStarr1
Of topic but in your sig, it's actually 'iPad' rather than 'IPad' :wink:

Back to the OP, no to all of your questions!

typo =] ill get right on that cheers
Reply 24
Every time they do something I cannot fathom I just think: lol white people.
Reply 25
Original post by Yawn11

:rofl:
Reply 26
Original post by Comeheretellme
Well at the moment yes. Very! haha

No then......
Isn't this a bit of a racist thread? If a thread was titled "How do you view black people" for example, it might get tainted with racist connotation, so I think it's a bit unfair for the title to be so.
I do, however, think that white people are a good race in the most part, but like every other race, there are a bad minority that go way to overboard.
Original post by Steezy
No then......

:frown:
Well one criticism I will have is that white people accuse ethnic minorities and internationals at uni (and in general in fact) of 'sticking to themselves' but I find white people do this just as much, if not more.

Other than that I really dont see much difference. I know white idiots but thankfully have good white friends too but I dont consider them 'white' just friends by their name. People are just people, do you really notice your friends' skin colour?
Reply 30
Original post by Comeheretellme
:frown:

lol just jokes
Original post by Teveth
This is for TRSians who don't identify themselves as white. It might come across as a strange thread, but I'm interested to know how white people are viewed. I'm from an area of Britain where practically everyone is white, and it wasn't until I moved to university in England that I started to become more aware of my whiteness, not in any negative or positive way, just a neutral awareness that I haven't really felt before. Do you notice any differences in the way white people act? Do you expect them to act differently? Are you aware of people's whiteness or is it not even something that comes to mind? And finally, do you think white people have a collective responsibility to tackle things like the EDL, BNP and horrors like the racism that reared its ugly head yesterday in the form of a Facebook group?I look forward to your responses.

Do you feel that only white people should/are be guilty of racism - how about the actions that sparked your racist group. Should asian muslims deal with the poppy burning asian muslims?

Oh and im white and ive known racist abuse from black and pakistani people. But guess what i dont judge the actions a of a whole based on a few. I judge on who they are not thier skin colour
With eyes.
Original post by + polarity -
White people do the wildest things. Never have I heard of a black person going skydiving or abseiling or anything 'dangerous'. Fair play, Caucasians, fair play.

We has extreme. :wink:

I've never heard of a person of any other race participating in Extreme Ironing either, though I'm sure they have. We're a crazy bunch.

Reply 34
White people are the most undeniabley attractive people on Earth.

Our civiliations are the most beautiful and so are our values. Only whites have positive discrimination and statute that protect minorities and women. Women equality only exists in white nations.

Not only are we the most beautiful race on the panet we are also the most advanced contributing almost everything in termsn of science, technology, engineering, medical tech., agricultural method, economics etc. etc.

And before you ask I have invented drilling tools from when I worked in the oil field, and they are still used so I have made a contribution to knowledge.

It is the dream and life time ambition of non-whites to live in white countries. And it is obvious why.
Interesting that "whiteness" is an emerging trend in academia. Not. :mad:

What next? The implications of Brownness? Yellowness?

Aren't we all brothers and sisters under the skin?
Original post by Yawn11

The irony being that if someone else said that of any other race, some people would construe it as racism.

We live in such an idiotic society.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Original post by Drunk Punx
We has extreme. :wink:

I've never heard of a person of any other race participating in Extreme Ironing either, though I'm sure they have. We're a crazy bunch.

Spoiler

:rofl: I heard someone died doing some extreme ironing!
Original post by + polarity -
:rofl: I heard someone died doing some extreme ironing!

Haha, seriously?

Damn, some people really do choose the wrong walks of life. :teehee:
Reply 39
I just view them as people...It's their actions which lead me to judge their character, not their skin colour.

Weird question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending