Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Christmas Casual for the Royal Mail

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if having IBS will put me off as a candidate for work there? I've got to declare it on a health form :/.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd say that there were no vacancies in my area on the royal mail page. After having joined reed.co.uk for less than a day they had already contacted me to arrange an interview for a position at royal mail - one that is not advertised as a christmas casual but rather just a temporary job - happens to be over the christmas period, though :rolleyes: .

But yeh, better pay than christmas casual and the choice of hours . Just hoping it all goes well tomorrow. I must say the agencies I've joined have been better than I'd have thought.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!
    I've read about Christmas casual in the Royalmail website. Do you think they keep also foreign people? And what about the National Insurance number? Do I need it?
    I need a job for December and I'd like to find it in Uk.
    Thank you all!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ostpunkt)
    Hi all!
    I've read about Christmas casual in the Royalmail website. Do you think they keep also foreign people? And what about the National Insurance number? Do I need it?
    I need a job for December and I'd like to find it in Uk.
    Thank you all!
    Yeah, they actually have quite alot of foreign employees. Also, yeah I think you do need your National insurance number along with other proofs of your identity such as "Passport OR Long Birth Certificate OR other proof of right to work in the UK" Addtionally, you'll need your bank details along with "a utility bill for proof of address (Gas, Electricity etc).

Oh yeah, I found it that they can now employ 16-17 year as well since they sent me another letter today giving me details of more registration days.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    where can i find the Job reference? thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodman)
    where can i find the Job reference? thanks
    Not sure about the job reference, maybe if you see an ad in a local paper etc? Check out the websitehere. Put in your postcode and it will tell you if they have any vacancies around your area.

Has anybody been to a registration day yet? I got a letter telling me to attend one on Wednesday, was just wondering what it was like? Any info on the test/interview much appereciated.

Thanks

Ronnie
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnie_s)
    Not sure about the job reference, maybe if you see an ad in a local paper etc? Check out the websitehere. Put in your postcode and it will tell you if they have any vacancies around your area.

Has anybody been to a registration day yet? I got a letter telling me to attend one on Wednesday, was just wondering what it was like? Any info on the test/interview much appereciated.

Thanks

Ronnie
    I think if you go to the registration day you've practically got the job. Basically, all they want to do is make sure everything on your application checks out and they show you the environment you'll be working in and the tasks you'll be performing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok cool,
    thanks for that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnie_s)

Thanks

Ronnie
    okey thanks, I was looking job in london but they dont have any, only 19.2 miles away from london
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had my registration day today where they just checked all my forms/ID and said I'd get a call within 3 days. My local office are only taking on temps for 2 weeks full time work before xmas (and it coincides with the uni hols - yay!).

I must say it was much less in depth than I thought it would be...when I applied a couple of years ago I had to do postcode tests and all sorts! Who says their standards as a company are slipping lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 9, 2005
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.