The Student Room Group

Burn our poppies? I'll just burn your turban, then.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
haha, just like that time those guys tried to burn a quaran...
saying things like that makes you exactly the same as them.
lol Sikhs are like the kid that always get wrongly blamed, they always seem to get the revenge from these morons.
Original post by Blueflare
Me too!

Mercifully no one on my Facebook has joined any of these...
For once TSR didn't take my worst expectations and then sink beneath them. I think I'll stay away from the health and relationship forum for a while so my new found respect isn't instantly crushed.
Reply 84
Original post by thesalamander123
Its always sad when people 'like' these racist groups and I expect more from them

i agree it is very sad, perhaps they like to appear different to the mainstream view who knows
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Original post by Addzter
Oh dear Lord, we're not witnessing the return of those godawful turban jokes on Facebook, are we? Because if so, I think I'm genuinely going to have to turbanate my account.

lol
Jeebus, people really are stupid ...

On Menin Gate:

Spoiler

(These are just a fraction of the Sikhs who dies in WW2 fighting for the Allies)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Oasis Jnr
Oh dear.... :erm:

Repped for the sig
Reply 89
Can I just point out that muslims don't actually wear turbans apart from at weddings.
It's Sikhs that wear turbans the majority of the time.

Whoever created that group got completely the wrong religion.
Reply 90
Original post by pompompandapple
Do Muslims wear turbans? :/

Yes. Arabs. Pakistanis. Osama wears one and idiots think because Sikhs do too, they are Muslims! :rolleyes:
Reply 91
Original post by mbiggs1
Can I just point out that muslims don't actually wear turbans apart from at weddings.
It's Sikhs that wear turbans the majority of the time.

Whoever created that group got completely the wrong religion.

Taliban wear them? Al Queda? Arabs? etc
Reply 92
Original post by rlw31
Repped for the sig

thank you. :biggrin:
Finally, some intelligent people who know the difference between two completely different religions lol. It's quite annoying actually, how people don't educate themselves and instead choose to make jokes about my religion, while knowing nothing about any of the basic beliefs. It's frustrating, half the population of Punjab (Sikhs) fought for this country, yet people of today think we're terrorists... because we're brown?!
Original post by CHAMON
Taliban wear them? Al Queda? Arabs? etc

I have no idea why the Taliban etc wear rags on their heads sometimes, (they aren't turbans). It's nothing to do with Sikhism, though, and it's so misleading to the ignorant majority aha.
Reply 95
Original post by pompompandapple
Do Muslims wear turbans? :/

No, Sikhs do.

Original post by RoshniDiya
Finally, some intelligent people who know the difference between two completely different religions lol. It's quite annoying actually, how people don't educate themselves and instead choose to make jokes about my religion, while knowing nothing about any of the basic beliefs. It's frustrating, half the population of Punjab (Sikhs) fought for this country, yet people of today think we're terrorists... because we're brown?!

I agree
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by nofish4u
I joined the group Coz I'm hardcore :tongue:...also it makes me feel like I fit in with my intellectually challenged friends...

A group title:

Burn our poppies? I'll burn you mosque then! ... Would appeal to me more....

well its still retarded considering that the group of 30 people that burnt the poppies are part of a sect many people dont consider to be islamic.
They're clearly just Sihking attention :biggrin:

...:o:
Lol when idiotic ignorance meets more idiotic ignorance, talk about clash of the titans.
Reply 99
Original post by RoshniDiya
I have no idea why the Taliban etc wear rags on their heads sometimes, (they aren't turbans). It's nothing to do with Sikhism, though, and it's so misleading to the ignorant majority aha.

I know that! My point was that turbans are not exclusive to Sikhs. Arabs, Jews and Africans have worn them for centuries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending