The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
manchester_girl
Hey, am in my first year at Manchester uni and am still feeling a bit of an outsider really, anyone else studying at Manchester feeling the same?

I'm at Salford University but don't feel like an outsider because I have lived in Manchester all my life.

Have you found it hard to settle in? I only find it hard because I live at home and miss out on a lot of the typical uni social life.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Manchester rocks! Go to St Anne's Square - lots of coffee places! It just takes a bit of getting used to :smile:
Reply 3
Kyrotec
Manchester rocks! Go to St Anne's Square - lots of coffee places! It just takes a bit of getting used to :smile:

you will be right your not that far from home think of the other people that are from wherever
Reply 4
IIRC doesn't St Anne's square have just 1 coffee place? :P
Reply 5
negative :smile: 3 well not strictly in but 10 secs away from Starbucks, you have one in the mini in door shopping area, and 1 opposite the clock :smile: So take your pick! :smile: I love coffee!
Reply 6
Kyrotec
negative :smile: 3 well not strictly in but 10 secs away from Starbucks, you have one in the mini in door shopping area, and 1 opposite the clock :smile: So take your pick! :smile: I love coffee!

Lol prefer coke and lager!

St Annes Square is too posh for me! Piccidally is too rough for me though.
Reply 7
Kyrotec

Yeah but Barton Arcade could just as easily be Deansgate :tongue: I'll give you the one opposite the clock though :P What about McDonalds? Or the coffee shop in easyeverything, huh? :P
Reply 8
manchester_girl
Hey, am in my first year at Manchester uni and am still feeling a bit of an outsider really, anyone else studying at Manchester feeling the same?

go and find my mate Leonie, she is cool, she will get you lashed and then you won't feel like an outsider anymore.
sorted.
Manchester is great but its a big place and although that may seem like your more likely to make lots of new friends; frankly you aren't, give it time though you can't expect to make your best friends in the first few months.
Reply 10
Yepp! Manchester is great!!
manchester_girl

do you know sian thomas, in her second year doing drama i think?
Reply 12
The only reason I signed up to this forum is to post the following message in response to this quote
do you know sian thomas, in her second year doing drama i think?

My message is this: LOL!
aaarrrggh
The only reason I signed up to this forum is to post the following message in response to this quote

My message is this: LOL!

heh

Latest

Trending

Trending