English Lit
Psychology
Critical Thinking
(Easiest-hardest)

English Language
Film Studies
Psychology
Maths

Although I got an A in everything except Film Studies at AS level, so for everyone thinking it's a doss, you're wrong. Pointless, maybe. Ignored by most universities, probably. But easy? No!
Reply 82
Hardest-Easiest:

1. Economics
2. Geography
3. History
Reply 83
1) Religious Studies A2
2) Philosophy
3) Critical Thinking
4) Religious Studies AS
Reply 84
Hardest - Easiest

Maths
English Lit
History
Fine Art

And fine art isn't really a doss sub...I guess just not as intellectually challenging :P but daaaaaaamn is it so much work.
Biology,
English,
Sociolgy
Reply 86
1) Physics
2) Chemistry
3) Maths
4) History

Though its only really physics!! :s-smilie:
Physics
Chemistry
(Biology but i only did AS)
Maths
Reply 88
Hardest --> Easiest (at A2)

Chemistry
Biology
Psychology
Maths

But they're still all hard
French (God it's proving difficult)
Chemistry (more tedious calculations, less learning about actual chemical behaviour, but there's some decent stuff coming up I think)
Physics (I'm REALLY loving it this year compared to last)
Maths (it would be fun if it wasn't so pathetically easy)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
Maths
Chemistry
Biolo9gy
Reply 91
Sociology, Psychology, English Lit, Performing Arts....most difficult to easiest.
Reply 92
decreasing order
Further maths
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Reply 93
Hardest:Biology (Definatly)
History (This year I feel like I've learnt nothing, have hardly any notes, and I'm just panicking and worrying about it)
Geography (I know so much on biodiversity and conservation I've no idea what I'm going to miss out when it comes to the exams)
Archaeology (You can make it up and still do well (well I did anyway))
Reply 94
I've only just started my AS's but here is my opinion.

1. SPANISH - Oh my God so difficult this year! We've got two new teachers as well who don't know us or our school that well so it's really difficult. The jump is massive. I've always struggled with not understanding things and when there are words you can't possibly know unless it's in a dictionary, I get really frustrated :P

2. English Literature - my favourite subject and I absolutely love it which is probably why it has been difficult. I want to do really well in it so I don't care even if I get full marks I just want my work to be the best that it can possibly be. This means I end up messing up even more because I feel like I can't do it. Also, the sheer load of extra reading you have to do is immense.

3. Philosophy of Religion and Ethics - just because of new ideas and topics. Not really done much practise on it yet but the essays are a lot harder than RS last year and there is a lot of substance you have to include. A LOT to learn and you have to make sure essays are written well unlike in GCSE where you just got the points down. Make sure you know case studies and keep up with the news (general, political, philosophical and ethical).

4. Geography - least difficult because you learn it and then write it down but I got 0 in one of my past paper questions lol. Your written English has to be better and the questions are a lot harder to understand than at GCSE. There is a bit of Maths (not much) but I'm worried that the paper dedicated to skills only will be difficult. You must keep up with international, political and geographical news. Drawing diagrams well is always a must in Geography isn't it? :wink: Have to remember irrelevant details that you wouldn't regularly (e.g. statistics like what % of the arctic belongs to whoever, what type of plants grow on yellow dunes, etc, etc).

On the plus side:
Spanish - makes you feel more sociable and we can have general chats as long as they are in Spanish.

English Literature - is so much fun! Talking about books is awesome and I love my teachers. We talk about our teachers' lives quite often but have yet to feel comfortable enough to open up about ours though haha.

Philosophy of Religion and Ethics - can have great debates with the teachers and other students, interesting topics, we filmed a video at the beginning of the year which was great fun :biggrin:.

Geography - one of our teachers is such a laugh! Love him! It's actually really interesting and enjoyable. Even though you moan about the fieldwork, when we went it was nice weather, the girls bonded with us and we had a rugged guy as our instructor :drool: So many good memories from there :biggrin:
Hardest to easiest:
RS
History
Theatre Studies
English Lit...
Hardest to easiest:
English literature
Spanish
RS
Reply 97
I do IB too, so everythings hard because it's such a jump from GCSE

From hardest to easiest...

Standard History - just so much to remember!

Higher Biology - It's a challange but I like it exept were doig human biology at the moment so there's a lot of chemistry in it. And I detest chemistry!

Standard French - Used to come quite easily, but like I ay it's a huge jump from GCSE and I find myself having to redo the stuff I did in like year 7 because I;m too preoccupied with the subjunctive to worry about the prefect - untill I realise I don't remember a lot of it!

Higher English - Not too horrendous, not easy by any means but it's my favourite subject

Higher Visual Art - the deadlines are awful, but I'm more than happy to spend 3 hours on my skechbook a night :smile:

Maths Studies - easy at the moment because theres some overlap between the easy Studies stuff and the A* GCSE stuff, but I expect it to get harder very soon!
Hardest

English Language
English Literature
Biology
Critical Thinking
French

Easiest
Reply 99
1. Chemistry - oh god its soo crap :frown:
2. Music - Just memory work, composition makes it second hardest for me :confused:
3. Physics - much easier than the as this year, and I found that alright anyways :cool:
4. Maths - I LOVE MATHS SO MUCH (its easy enough too) :biggrin:

Latest