The Student Room Group

Need tattoo ideas

Scroll to see replies

I'd say it doesn't really matter what others suggest, you shouldn't have to rack your brain for ideas. Wait until the right idea comes to you naturally, if it doesn't don't have one. You're less likely to regret it this way :smile:
I kind of agree with some of whats been said. Think about it for a while and know what you want to get before you commit. It will make sure you are 100% happy with the decision.

As for people saying it has to mean something - I tend to disagree. I have two tattoo's, one is meaningful and one isn't but I got them done at times I wanted to remember and that means I look back on them fondly. I don't think it needs to be from a 'deep place' and all that cheese.

I did wait a good few months after getting a design in my head before I committed though - no point in rushing!
Reply 23
Seriously, the OP's first logo would look really good as a tatt imo.
no comment on the music.

don't do it unless you're sure tho.
Reply 24
Original post by mollymustard

As for people saying it has to mean something - I tend to disagree. I have two tattoo's, one is meaningful and one isn't but I got them done at times I wanted to remember and that means I look back on them fondly. I don't think it needs to be from a 'deep place' and all that cheese. !

Yeah, tattoos with meaning are gay. I blame Miami Ink. ONLY GET TATTOOS IF SOMEBODY YOU KNOW DIES OR IF YOU HAD A HARD CHILDHOOD OR YOUR KID DREW IT.

Naaaaaaaah. I started that way with my first two or three tattoos and they're the three most embarrassing ones I have tbh. Then I started getting art; tattoos that look great and I can appreciate just to look at, and they're the ones I still love and everybody always shows most interest in.
Original post by Sendaii
Hey guys,

I need ideas for tattoos. I prefer designs that are fairly simple, but unusual and eye-catching. Hardstyle and gabber music may as well be my religion, so I've considered getting the Defqon.1 logo tattooed on my arm. This is what it looks like:

What do you guys think? Do you have any better ideas? Please, if you don't like tattoos, don't bother participating.

Thanks.

Go for it! Send a pic to Qdance and youll probs get some freebies :P

Dont suppose your going to Qlimax this weekend? I cant ****ing wait
Original post by Willum Infanta
Beaten!!! :cry2:

But yeah, If for example someone who is close to you dies get a tattoo that means something about their life.....

There was a great moment on Miami Ink where this guy got his son to do his signature (he was like 6) and tattoo'd that sig on...was a pretty awesome idea.

That would scar me if I were that six year old o.o
Original post by Bella Occhi
That would scar me if I were that six year old o.o

Why? It was on the kids dad not actually one the 6 year old, I couldn't see doing it to any of my family because of i'm pretty distant with most of them, but if you have a pretty tight family then it could be worth doing. :yep:
Reply 29
Original post by Hardstyler
Go for it! Send a pic to Qdance and youll probs get some freebies :P

Dont suppose your going to Qlimax this weekend? I cant ****ing wait

I wish. Couldn't get the time off work :frown: Record some videos for me please?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sendaii
I wish. Couldn't get the time off work :frown: Record some videos for me please?

Nor could I man, pulling a sicky hahaha.

Yeahhh Ill get plenty vids :P
Original post by Willum Infanta
Why? It was on the kids dad not actually one the 6 year old, I couldn't see doing it to any of my family because of i'm pretty distant with most of them, but if you have a pretty tight family then it could be worth doing. :yep:

I was a sensitive child :colondollar:
I have a tattoo idea- why don't you find a design that you like and then decided to have it etched on yourself forever, instead of choosing something that someone on a student forum suggests?
Or this:
Original post by fran.ha
What's the point in getting a tattoo for the sake of it. Get a tattoo because its something you want to remember.
Reply 33
Do not get a tattoo of something that means something to you, simply get a tattoo design that you like. The meaning of any tattoo will change over time, as you go through life, would you rather have a tattoo of a devil because you are going through a rough patch, then in 4 years time think it looks **** and is no longer relevant, or get a tattoo you like the design of an associate your own meaning with it on a daily basis.
Reply 34
Original post by RNBen
Do not get a tattoo of something that means something to you, simply get a tattoo design that you like. The meaning of any tattoo will change over time, as you go through life, would you rather have a tattoo of a devil because you are going through a rough patch, then in 4 years time think it looks **** and is no longer relevant, or get a tattoo you like the design of an associate your own meaning with it on a daily basis.

Eh?

Meaningful doesn't automatically mean an overly literal, graphic representation of where you're head's at on the day you walked into the tattoo shop... unless you're a idiot.

a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo whether you thought you were being meaningful when you got it or not.
Reply 35
Original post by Joinedup
Eh?

Meaningful doesn't automatically mean an overly literal, graphic representation of where you're head's at on the day you walked into the tattoo shop... unless you're a idiot.

a bad tattoo is a bad tattoo whether you thought you were being meaningful when you got it or not.

A guy I know and have known for a long time told me what I said in the quote you used. Too many people get a tattoo that means something to them in the moment, or that year, which may not be a 'bad tattoo', however as time passes that meaning fades, yet they are left with a tattoo which reminds them of it, whether it be a sad time or not.

Thus, getting a design you simply like is a much better idea, as with most things, you can then associate your own meanings to it, no matter how often they change.
Reply 36
Can I just ask, has anyone had a wrist tattoo, if so what was the pain like? I just want a small one
Check this out for ideas.
Reply 38
Original post by Sendaii
To me and to other hardstyle fans it does. Defqon.1 is the biggest hardstyle event in the world.

correction* along with qlimax :tongue:
Original post by Mrs Hippocrates
Methinks you should get a genie coming out of a bottle on your left bicep ( with christina aguilera summoning it) and then a dog with simon cowells face

How boring and bland. But Imma spice it up. Add in Ed Miliband beating dave cameron to death with a bannana in the back round and bin laden giving the peace sign or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending