The Student Room Group

Too early to be excited about christmas?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
yes, far too early

it's never christmas til the coca cola advert, you know the one I mean, with all the trucks

"holidays are coming..."
Guys coke advert just been played during x factor apparently!

:shock:
Reply 42
I have a friend who usually gets excited about the next Christmas on boxing day.. :rolleyes:
Reply 43
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Omg, me too. :sad:
I love christmas, and i haven't seen any people with their Christmas lights on.
In my country, when the BER month started everybody is putting up christmas lights already and the christmas sale is everywhere.
BER Month means (SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER, decemBER)

:lol: BER month? Surely it isn't a month, it's more like months :p:.

I used to love Christmas, especially the movies and all the lights etc, but this year I feel a real Scrooge :frown:. Probably because I'm feeling down a lot right now with everything and so Christmas is the last thing on my mind! :lol:
Original post by Rossshaw

:lol: BER month? Surely it isn't a month, it's more like months :p:.

I used to love Christmas, especially the movies and all the lights etc, but this year I feel a real Scrooge :frown:. Probably because I'm feeling down a lot right now with everything and so Christmas is the last thing on my mind! :lol:

Oops my bad. :biggrin:

Omg i remember the cartoon movie about scrooge. :biggrin:
Yeah, i think this year has been bad for me. Too many problems and stuff to think about that the only thing i can do for christmas is buy some apple cinnamon air freshener just to feel the christmas spirit. :sad:
Reply 45
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Oops my bad. :biggrin:

Omg i remember the cartoon movie about scrooge. :biggrin:
Yeah, i think this year has been bad for me. Too many problems and stuff to think about that the only thing i can do for christmas is buy some apple cinnamon air freshener just to feel the christmas spirit. :sad:

Muppets Christmas Carol is the best :biggrin:. This year was ok up until about September, then it had majorrrr downs where a lot of my mates went off to uni and I have like next to nothing to do! Sounds simple but it has changed what I do these days! Haha, we have a cinnamon smell when we put up our decorations! It always brings back the Christmas feel.

Muppets Christmas Carol is the best :biggrin:. This year was ok up until about September, then it had majorrrr downs where a lot of my mates went off to uni and I have like next to nothing to do! Sounds simple but it has changed what I do these days! Haha, we have a cinnamon smell when we put up our decorations! It always brings back the Christmas feel.

Aaw.
That sucks. Well, on the brightside were off to uni next year anyways. :biggrin:

Cinnamon smell is the best. :h:
I stopped getting excited about Christmas when I was about 10, same with birthdays.
Reply 48
Xmas should be banned! Why aren't their holidays for people celebrating Eid or Diwali, this country is a ******* joke. Xmas go to hell!
Reply 49
I've spent the cold day donning the woolly jumper my nan gave to me last year, while watching the home alone films.

Not too early in my mind. Although, this jumper is only suitable to be worn indoors.
Reply 50
Original post by Ebony19
Who makes these rules anyway? Although, personally I do feel like it should be restricted to at least 20th of Nov onwards simply because any earlier and it just doesn't feel as special... So I try to switch everything off on tv thats christmas related up until I feel its the right time.

Lol!!! Why the specific 20th of Nov????? When is the right time?? Anyway I am extremely excited for this Christmas as I am a newly appointed Auntie!! This Christmas will be amazing with my little niece Emelye and the rest of the family. I am currently very excited!!! I think if you feel the Christmas 'amazingness' right now then go for it!!! I suppose I agree on a level that maybe save the Christmas songs and putting up the tree until after 1st December. But then again with being in a choir we rehearse Christmas songs way in advance, around now I would say and I enjoy every minute of it!!! Anyway whatever time is the right time for you have a lovely Christmas and enjoy every minute of it (especially the Christmas dinner). That is if you even celebrate it!!! If you don't then have a lovely holiday!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 51
Original post by beccibell
Lol!!! Why the specific 20th of Nov????? When is the right time?? Anyway I am extremely excited for this Christmas as I am a newly appointed Auntie!! This Christmas will be amazing with my little niece Emelye and the rest of the family. I am currently very excited!!! I think if you feel the Christmas 'amazingness' right now then go for it!!! I suppose I agree on a level that maybe save the Christmas songs and putting up the tree until after 1st December. But then again with being in a choir we rehearse Christmas songs way in advance, around now I would say and I enjoy every minute of it!!! Anyway whatever time is the right time for you have a lovely Christmas and enjoy every minute of it (especially the Christmas dinner). That is if you even celebrate it!!! If you don't then have a lovely holiday!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:rolleyes:

We don't want to here your life story thanks. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for burn a Xmas tree day!

Ban Xmas!
Reply 52
Original post by ajtiesto
:rolleyes:

We don't want to here your life story thanks. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for burn a Xmas tree day!

Ban Xmas!

Firstly it would be 'hear your life story' and secondly why would you want to burn christmas trees? I am allergic to them myself but really why??? Why ban it???
Reply 53
Firstly it would be 'hear your life story' and secondly why would you want to burn christmas trees? I am allergic to them myself but really why??? Why ban it???

Because Xmas is a waste of time, it's a day for chrisitians but people like you have to hijack it and turn it into this farce of an event. Plus why aren't there holidays for other religions, it's a joke! :rolleyes:
Reply 54
Because Xmas is a waste of time, it's a day for chrisitians but people like you have to hijack it and turn it into this farce of an event. Plus why aren't there holidays for other religions, it's a joke! :rolleyes:

Okay firstly I am Christian!!!! Christmas for me starts when I go to a lovely church service!!! I was just saying that this Christmas will be an extra special one. Anyway what does 'people like you' mean? Seriously if you are bothered that there are not holidays for other religions then why don't you do something about it? Are you religious? You cannot blame Christians who celebrate Christmas for there not being other holidays for other religions!!!

Erm, if I went to live in a non-Christian country I would accept that Christmas wouldn't be celebrated as a holiday and respect the holidays of other religious groups... You're living in a country founded upon Christian beliefs. Live with it.
Reply 56
Okay firstly I am Christian!!!! Christmas for me starts when I go to a lovely church service!!! I was just saying that this Christmas will be an extra special one. Anyway what does 'people like you' mean? Seriously if you are bothered that there are not holidays for other religions then why don't you do something about it? Are you religious? You cannot blame Christians who celebrate Christmas for there not being other holidays for other religions!!!

Yeah I'm half Jewish and half Muslim. :rolleyes:

Do something about it, like what? Take to the streets and protest about it, yeah that's really going to work because we live in a democracy don't we? :rolleyes:
Reply 57
I'm excited about the forthcoming Xmas on Boxing Day. :wink:
Reply 58
It depends, are you over the age of ten?
Reply 59
Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~
Erm, if I went to live in a non-Christian country I would accept that Christmas wouldn't be celebrated as a holiday and respect the holidays of other religious groups... You're living in a country founded upon Christian beliefs. Live with it.

No I won't live it. There are many religions in this country and people should be allowed to take holidays to celebrate. ****! :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending