The Student Room Group

I'm glad I'm straight, not gay

now, before people either start screaming "HOMOPHOBE" or start giving me high-fives, read what i have to say.

i'm glad that i'm straight because, at least with where i live, i know it would be hell to be gay. i live in a pretty conservative area, and there is a lot of anit-homosexuality sentiment. i just can't imagine what it must be like to have to go through the process of acknowledging your sexuality, coming out of the closest, facing all the hatred, etc. i'm not sure how i would be able to handle it. i already have enough insecurities about myself, and that would just add on a whole new layer. so, i guess in the society i live, i'm grateful that i'm straight, so that i don't have to deal with the dickheads that would torture me. and, don't say i'm over exaggerating the homophobic feelings of where i live, because one of my best friends is gay and he's gone through hell. i feel helpless because all these people are so shallow minded that they only see him as gay, and can't get past the fact and see him as the great person he is.

Latest