The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Jjsr2004
John snow too!!:smile:

That makes me feel so much better!!!

I'm sure after studying law, the academic side will be a walk in the park for you:wink:

I'm sure we won't get our timetables until we start but I understand it's a full on course and is tough going.

I can't wait to get started though, and also wish I'd done it straight from college!

Never mind- our life experience can only be a positive thing,mane I'm sure there will be lots more in the same boat as us.....

Jx

Excellent that you are in John Snow too :-). I was a little worried with it being a gowned college. I understand that it is pretty full on too. Just hoping that all the juggling we do as mums anyway will be sufficient preparation lol :redface:.......
Hello, I'm Kelvin. I just have firmed my unconditional offer for Mental Health Nursing with the University of Hertfordshire. I already hold a degree and masters degree in chemistry and presently a soldier with the British army. I'm 34, married and yea.....I have deferred my entry to September 2013 to enable me save up some money for the hard days to come.
Reply 722
Original post by clairemc
Excellent that you are in John Snow too :-). I was a little worried with it being a gowned college. I understand that it is pretty full on too. Just hoping that all the juggling we do as mums anyway will be sufficient preparation lol :redface:.......

This is very true. I also think, its like everything else in life- if things have to be done then we usually just get on and do them! Not having half terms will prob be the hardest but we shall see...

I think John snow is a little more formal than Stephenson, but sure it will be fine..... I'm guessing we'll have to buy a gown tho??:rolleyes:

X
Reply 723
This is very true. I also think, its like everything else in life- if things have to be done then we usually just get on and do them! Not having half terms will prob be the hardest but we shall see...

I think John snow is a little more formal than Stephenson, but sure it will be fine..... I'm guessing we'll have to buy a gown tho??:rolleyes:

X

Half terms, yes that will be the biggest problem I think. Tho think its only october and february we don't get I think and wouldn't imagine we will be on placement cos the schools will be off so just lectures to contend with :smile:. Hadn't thought about havin to buy gown :s-smilie:, maybe could just hire them for the formals you go to :confused:. Do you have an e-mail and we could maybe keep in touch as the start date gets closer and the more info we get? Not sure if there is a way of private messaging on here :confused:.
Reply 724
Half terms, yes that will be the biggest problem I think. Tho think its only october and february we don't get I think and wouldn't imagine we will be on placement cos the schools will be off so just lectures to contend with :smile:. Hadn't thought about havin to buy gown :s-smilie:, maybe could just hire them for the formals you go to :confused:. Do you have an e-mail and we could maybe keep in touch as the start date gets closer and the more info we get? Not sure if there is a way of private messaging on here :confused:.

After a bit of searching, have sent a private message with email address.

Jx
Reply 725
After a bit of searching, have sent a private message with email address.

Jx

Lol :biggrin: I got the message and I've e-mailed you.
Reply 726
Lol :biggrin: I got the message and I've e-mailed you.

Hope you got my return email Claire.
Thanks for yours.
Jx
Reply 727
Hope you got my return email Claire.
Thanks for yours.
Jx

Yeah got your e-mail. Been meaning to e-mail you back. Can be terrible for letting days become weeks, sorry. God knows how I'm going to manage in October lol :eek: x
Reply 728
Sorry- just worried that because I have a yahoo email address it sometimes goes into junk😜

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i've applied to do Access in september and been offered a place. i'm a VERY mature (45) student and I'd like to go on to do a degree in English afterwards. I think I'm going to be the oldest person on the course, if not in the college! :rolleyes:
Original post by randomfemale
i've applied to do Access in september and been offered a place. i'm a VERY mature (45) student and I'd like to go on to do a degree in English afterwards. I think I'm going to be the oldest person on the course, if not in the college! :rolleyes:

I'm 29 and one of the guys on my course is 48, he's great and gets on with everyone so don't worry!
Reply 731
On my HNC media course at college the youngest is 19 and the oldest is 54... So don't worry about your age :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hello Everyone,
I'm a 31 year old Canadian moving to the UK in September to go to Queen Mary. I'm so thankful that I found this forum!
Hello, im a 25 year old mom of 3. I got my gcses but then met my current partner and choose to be a SAHM until my children were older. Now that my youngest is due to start nursery next year i am starting the path to my dream career. I am hoping to take the access to law and criminology course at Birmingham Metropolitan college next year then proceed with a law degree at Birmingham City Uni. I am currently doing a maths course with learndirect to brush up for college. Although im technically not a student yet, i am finding this site invaluable and wanted to sign u and say hi :smile:
Reply 734
I'm an old and grey 40 year old man starting Nursing at UoB this October (My first day is my 41st Birthday!).
Hi all. I am 23 and have been studying for my degree with Open University since October last year, studying for BA Modern languages. I am also a stay at home mum to my toddler and after uni hoping to train specifically for translation or interpreting but that is a long way off yet.
Reply 736
I'm 21 will be married by the 18th November with a son who is currently 5 months. I start my access to Business in September with the hope to study accounting and finance, whilst juggling the rest of my life lol wish me luck
Hi i am 30, want to get admission in uk, any can guide me for master program
I am working in dubai, i am planing to go to uk in 2013 program
Reply 739
Hi everybody!

Im Lesley and just finished doing a BTEC Level 2 in Applied Science. Got distinction* so I am very chuffed with that:colone:

Going on to Hadlow College to do a BTEC in Animal Managment then onto University to train to be a Veterinary Nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending