The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi Folks,

I'm a mature student.

Going back this Oct to do an MSC in CS.

My first degree I got 20 years ago. So I think it's gonna be some fun!

But I need some new challenges in life and a new direction done too much high profile management stuff and want to use my brain not all the damm back stabbing stuff that goes on in business these days

Well.

See you all around!

SQUONK
Reply 81
Squonk
Hi Folks,

I'm a mature student.

Going back this Oct to do an MSC in CS.

My first degree I got 20 years ago. So I think it's gonna be some fun!

But I need some new challenges in life and a new direction done too much high profile management stuff and want to use my brain not all the damm back stabbing stuff that goes on in business these days

Well.

See you all around!

SQUONK

CS?

If you're talking Communication Studies, may be your first lesson is not to us abbreviations - not conducive to good communication...

If not, then, meh! What a missed opportunity for irony... :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 82
Computer Studies, maybe ? Erm, but dunno :p:
Reply 83
Sorry to disrupt here, but when you say "mature", do you mean it er, "psychologically" or as another way of saying grown up physically and is an adult. I am asking because I do see many youngsters here claiming to be "mature"!
Reply 84
The univerity definition - i.e over 21 at the start of your course.
Reply 85
oh right then, I guess it is a "ahem bye guys" situation :biggrin:
Reply 86
Hi! I'm Lisa I'm 23 I am hoping to study vet med eventually I had a break in my education due to ME and depression but hope to be back on the road to my dream now
Reply 87
Hi, another oldie here! 35 tomorrow (did I really just admit that?)
Currently just finishing up my access course, and I start studying ancient history and social anthropology at UCL in September.
Really excited, and thrilled to have got onto to the course, didnt think I stood a chance! But also really nervous! Can't wait to get studying but I'm petrified I'll spend three years with no one to talk to! Access has been great, loads of mums like me, but UCL is not known for its mature students.
Reply 88
Hi i am 42 years old and have an interview on the 6th June for nursing at wolverhampton uni.If by any chance there are other mature folk who either at wolverhampton doing their nursing course or are like myself and are yet to be interviewed and accepted i would to hear from you.:smile:
:tsr2:
hello im a 1st yr student at Newcastle im 22 and i already have a degree in biomedical sciences Bsc(Hons), from durham uni.
Reply 90
Hi,

I'm 32 and have just finished my first year in computing at Leeds Met, but am starting again in September at Leeds uni.

I was by far the oldest in my class last year, but had a great time anyway. :smile:
Reply 91
hi im zoe, 29, one kid. just finished my first year at leeds met doing criminology and sociology. thr first year went so fast itll all be over before i know it!:p:
Reply 92
Hi,
I am 29 m. I have already created one or two threads introducing myself in appropriate Forums, but here, I find myself again finding it appropriate to do it again.

This September (2006) I will be studying HNC Advertising and Public Relations in Edinburgh; this will guarantee me a place at Napier University 2nd year BA(Hons) Communications.

I don't really have any qualifications to boast about, just mere SVQ's which I guess have their advantages, but not for me.

I have always loved the idea of Advertising, I'd love to be a part of Television Advertising; I saw this opportunity and decided to grab it. It has not always been easy for me to up sticks and leave to study. I have an eight year old Son, their was a time when we had no access to each other, but now, thank God, we have a healthy relationship, we see each other Friday to Sunday and all holidays, to for the past month+ it's Sunday to Friday; we have come to an understanding that it is best for me to leave so I can better my life, thus bettering our life, albeit in the form of happiness and peace of mind as opposed to being stuck in a rut.

I am glad I found this Forum, I believe it will be of great help, I've found it quite encouraging thus far.
Reply 93
I'm 25 getting a second degree in veterinary medicine. I will be studying this fall at the RVC in London.
Reply 94
I'm 27 and in my second year doing a BSc in Midwifery. Have 3 kids
Reply 95
Hi I'm Alex. I'm 28 and planning to do a physio degree after doing an A level in Human Biology.

Is anyone else a mature student doing physio? Would love to hear from you!
Reply 96
hello i'm Vikki, i'm 23.... will be 24 on 14th. i recently finished my gcse exams. fingers cross i get the results i want! i will be starting Access to humanities and social science this september. not sure what i what to be yet but i do know i want to do geography degree at uni.
Reply 97
Alexo
Hi I'm Alex. I'm 28 and planning to do a physio degree after doing an A level in Human Biology.

Is anyone else a mature student doing physio? Would love to hear from you!

PM JackieS...
Reply 98
Fluffy
PM JackieS...

oh I hear my name being mentioned lol! Yup PM me - I'm 23 and doing a second degree in physiotherapy at St Georges
Hi everyone! I'm 27 and have applied to study Adult nursing at Oxford Brookes (swindon campus) for September 2006 (i know I'm late!!) and I'm waiting to hear back. I did my Access in 2001-02 and went on to start a degree in Children's Nursing at UWE but had to leave the course because of family problems. So I am now ready to go back and try it all again, except this time with big people and not little ones!:nurse:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending